As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

collective [chat]

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    ive had motivation paralysis for two days now and im fighting burnout
    halpppppp

We'll switch and live each other's life for the next 24 hours.

I am the best scientist, I promise.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Awesomed for neverthriving of jugglers

a Pariah of Evil Multifariouses

a multivariate of evils

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    halpppppp

do you want to graduate or not
    i do!!!!!
    one manuscript is out and a chapter is done
    collecting final data for second manuscript and chapter
    just so tired

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Seven movies in 2016?! You can't say Steven Seagal isn't staying busy.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000219/?ref_=tt_cl_t1
    Steven Seagal is a striking and somewhat boyishly handsome (often with ponytail) action star...

That is one outdated bio.

c0ur7jig5g0f.jpg

Like someone spliced Marlon Brando's DNA with a brillo pad...

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    They grew gaunted and lank under the white suns of those days and their hollow burnedout eyes were like those of noctambulants surprised by day. Crouched under their hats they seemed fugitives on some grander scale, like beings for whom the sun hungered. Even the judge grew silent and speculative. He’d spoke of purging oneself of those things that lay claim to a man but that body receiving his remarks counted themselves well done with any claims at all. They rode on and the wind drove the fine gray dust before them and they rode an army of gray-beards, gray men, gray horses. The mountains to the north lay sunwise in corrugated folds and the days were cool and the nights were cold and they sat about the fire each in his round of darkness in that round of dark while the idiot watched from his cage at the edge of the light. The judge cracked with the back of an axe the shinbone on an antelope and the hot marrow dripped smoking on the stones. They watched him. The subject was war.

The good book says that he that lives by the sword shall perish by the sword, said the black.

The judge smiled, his face shining with grease.

What right man would have it any other way? he said.

The good book does indeed count war an evil, said Irving. Yet there’s many a bloody tale of war inside it.

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.

The judge smiled. Men are born for games. Nothing else. Every child knows that play is nobler than work. He knows too that the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the skill and strength of the opponents and the humiliation of defeat and the pride of victory are in themselves sufficient stake because they inhere in the worth of the principals and define them. But trial of chance or trial of worth all games aspire to the condition of war for here that which is wagered swallows up game, player, all.

Suppose two men at cards with nothing to wager save their lives. Who has not heard such a tale? A turn of the card. The whole universe for such a player has labored clanking to this moment which will tell if he is to die at that man’s hand or that man at his. What more certain validation of a man’s worth could there be? This enhancement of the game to its ultimate state admits no argument concerning the notion of fate. The selection of one man over another is a preference absolute and irrevocable and it is a dull man indeed who could reckon so profound a decision without agency or significance either one. In such games as have for their stake the annihilation of the defeated the decisions are quite clear. This man holding this particular arrangement of cards in his hand is thereby removed from existence. This is the nature of war, whose stake is at once the game and the authority and the justification. Seen so, war is the truest form of divination. It is the testing of one’s will and the will of another within that larger will which because it binds them is therefore forced to select. War is the ultimate game because war is at last a forcing of the unity of existence. War is god.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Goddamnit. I went to feed my ex's cats this morning and her hand soap by the sink was scented and I didn't notice. And what's worse. It's one of the things I despise most. Food smells on not food. Now my hands smell like apple cinnamon. She turned the label around so that I'd use it. I know it. :p

Now I know your weakness. Adding it to my list.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    halpppppp

do you want to graduate or not
    i do!!!!!
    one manuscript is out and a chapter is done
    collecting final data for second manuscript and chapter
    just so tired

break it down into smaller parts and deadlines

maybe see if your future husbando can work out some incentives for meeting said deadlines

wink

wink

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I'm writing a G&T thread. It's hard!

I think I still have a text file somewhere with the OP to the G&T PSP thread.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Goddamnit. I went to feed my ex's cats this morning and her hand soap by the sink was scented and I didn't notice. And what's worse. It's one of the things I despise most. Food smells on not food. Now my hands smell like apple cinnamon. She turned the label around so that I'd use it. I know it. :p

ok ludious

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

ok ludious

YOU TAKE THAT BACK MOTHERFUCKER TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Six wrote: »

wow, sorry FCC i think this takes the cake on putting your blood sweat and tears into something no one will read or care about

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Thread title idea: [Gwent], Better than Hearthstone

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Somehow I think losing the 'F' has really affected Vince McMahon in later years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UZUB8gCFEM

• Options
    and the less quoted but still fairly direct
    Moral law is an invention of mankind for the disenfranchisement of the powerful in favor of the weak. Historical law subverts it at every turn. A moral view can never be proven right or wrong by any ultimate test. A man falling dead in a duel is not thought thereby to be proven in error as to his views. His very involvement in such a trial gives evidence of a new and broader view. The willingness of the principals to forgo further argument as the triviality which it in fact is and to petition directly the chambers of the historical absolute clearly indicates of how little moment are the opinions and of what great moment the divergences thereof. For the argument is indeed trivial, but not so the separate wills thereby made manifest. Man’s vanity may well approach the infinite in capacity but his knowledge remains imperfect and howevermuch he comes to value his judgements ultimately he must submit them before a higher court. Here there can be no special pleading. Here are considerations of equity and rectitude and moral right rendered void and without warrant and here are the views of the litigants despised. Decisions of life and death, of what shall be and what shall not, beggar all question of right. In elections of these magnitudes are all lesser ones subsumed, moral, spiritual, natural.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Thread title idea: [Gwent], Better than Hearthstone

Non mana based card game fun card game.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    porp has her first French language lesson tonight

*idly browses French maid costumes*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tQe9VVxAZw

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    potato bread is so much better than white bread

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I just realised that the most recent console I've owned was the Gamecube

I am... slightly out of the loop when it comes to console video gaming, it would seem

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    They grew gaunted and lank under the white suns of those days and their hollow burnedout eyes were like those of noctambulants surprised by day. Crouched under their hats they seemed fugitives on some grander scale, like beings for whom the sun hungered. Even the judge grew silent and speculative. He’d spoke of purging oneself of those things that lay claim to a man but that body receiving his remarks counted themselves well done with any claims at all. They rode on and the wind drove the fine gray dust before them and they rode an army of gray-beards, gray men, gray horses. The mountains to the north lay sunwise in corrugated folds and the days were cool and the nights were cold and they sat about the fire each in his round of darkness in that round of dark while the idiot watched from his cage at the edge of the light. The judge cracked with the back of an axe the shinbone on an antelope and the hot marrow dripped smoking on the stones. They watched him. The subject was war.

The good book says that he that lives by the sword shall perish by the sword, said the black.

The good book does indeed count war an evil, said Irving. Yet there’s many a bloody tale of war inside it.

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.

The judge smiled. Men are born for games. Nothing else. Every child knows that play is nobler than work. He knows too that the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the skill and strength of the opponents and the humiliation of defeat and the pride of victory are in themselves sufficient stake because they inhere in the worth of the principals and define them. But trial of chance or trial of worth all games aspire to the condition of war for here that which is wagered swallows up game, player, all.

Suppose two men at cards with nothing to wager save their lives. Who has not heard such a tale? A turn of the card. The whole universe for such a player has labored clanking to this moment which will tell if he is to die at that man’s hand or that man at his. What more certain validation of a man’s worth could there be? This enhancement of the game to its ultimate state admits no argument concerning the notion of fate. The selection of one man over another is a preference absolute and irrevocable and it is a dull man indeed who could reckon so profound a decision without agency or significance either one. In such games as have for their stake the annihilation of the defeated the decisions are quite clear. This man holding this particular arrangement of cards in his hand is thereby removed from existence. This is the nature of war, whose stake is at once the game and the authority and the justification. Seen so, war is the truest form of divination. It is the testing of one’s will and the will of another within that larger will which because it binds them is therefore forced to select. War is the ultimate game because war is at last a forcing of the unity of existence. War is god.

Cormac really hates punctuation

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Bouquet of hummingbirds is pretty good though

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

stop ddl1TVv.png feeding ddl1TVv.png your ddl1TVv.png ex's ddl1TVv.png cats.

Stop ddl1TVv.png covering ddl1TVv.png for ddl1TVv.png her ddl1TVv.png responsibilities.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »

wow, sorry FCC i think this takes the cake on putting your blood sweat and tears into something no one will read or care about

Can I hire you to write my eulogy?

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »

He's a Manly Man, writing about the Manly subjects War and Violence, like Hemingway.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Shark if Porp dresses as a french maid do you trick her into actually cleaning the house before you bang?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Bouquet of hummingbirds is pretty good though

I'm never sure which of these are 'official' in that they'd be used by like, naturalists or whatever

probably very few?

I like 'a blaze of dragons' though

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    potato bread is so much better than white bread

Potato bread is sinful, yes.

• Options
    kedinik wrote: »

man Aziz so picky

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

Is it a game with a lot of characters and you have to make sure they all get equal coverage except for the really spoiley ones?

I wrote a G&T thread last year. It was a mild success:

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/207015/crack-down

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Hah.

A blizzard of white people.

I crack myself up.

• Options
    milski wrote: »

all he's really leaving out here are quotation marks and commas between independent clauses attached by conjunctions

he's actually pretty aggressive with periods

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    a Gulag of Trump Voters

• Options
    a Gulag of Trump Protestors

fixed

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Until this OP I had no idea owls had such long legs.

They look funny.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Okay friends I have a couple hours of s e r i o u s b u s i n e s s to attend to. I will be back after that and after the nap that will follow that.

So I'll see y'all in like 4 hours. :P

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

I am... slightly out of the loop when it comes to console video gaming, it would seem

You can't be out of the loop when it comes to Nintendo. 100 years from now, Nintendo consoles will still be all about Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart.

• Options

You can't be out of the loop when it comes to Nintendo. 100 years from now, Nintendo consoles will still be all about Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart.

And Metroid and Starfox when the planets align

• Options
    Shark if Porp dresses as a french maid do you trick her into actually cleaning the house before you bang?

bro i ain't risking it

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Ludious wrote: »
    stop ddl1TVv.png feeding ddl1TVv.png your ddl1TVv.png ex's ddl1TVv.png cats.

Stop ddl1TVv.png covering ddl1TVv.png for ddl1TVv.png her ddl1TVv.png responsibilities.

Oh, it's fine now. It used to be emotionally tough for me. But I'm in a good spot and it's A-Ok.

And without that, why wouldn't I help a friend take care of my own former kitty buddies?

cptrugged on
  • Options
    kedinik wrote: »

@porp can relate to this

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

And Metroid and Starfox when the planets align

Twenty years later and I'm still disgusted that Starfox 64 got renamed to Lylat Wars in Europe

What the fuck even is that name

This discussion has been closed.