As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestlingmania] the ultimate somethingsomethingmumblemumble

• hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    DDT is having a 6 man tag

C7TpLGHXgAELR95.jpg
    with the participants dressed as Samurai Warriors characters

Ibushi is going to shove a roman candle into that gun and shoot it at Isami. I can't wait.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I have some issues with the casting of that DDT match (and the fact that Yukimura uses a spear not dual swords, get your shit together DDT jesus christ!) but I'm still super into it.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Rumors are Nakamura is going to Raw.

I realize it's the flagship show but with SDL possibly losing AJ maybe it's better to put him there instead?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

I realize it's the flagship show but with SDL possibly losing AJ maybe it's better to put him there instead?

Nah, it's fine Orton can carry the-

no, I can't even finish that thought, it's too harrowing.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    SDL losing Cena is bad enough, they lose AJ as well?

I don't want to think the SDL brand is being sabotaged....

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular

Honestly, I want Nakamura and Styles on the same brand. Mostly because I want them to reprise their rivalry from Japan.

xderwsaxganu.png

Honestly, I want Nakamura and Styles on the same brand. Mostly because I want them to reprise their rivalry from Japan.

This is a good argument. But SDL has to get some marquee talent in exchange.

• SproutSprout Registered User regular

The "AJ to Raw" rumors are often accompanied by "Roman to Smackdown", so I don't think you need to worry there.

Sprout wrote: »

The "AJ to Raw" rumors are often accompanied by "Roman to Smackdown", so I don't think you need to worry there.

There needs to be one more big name though. Sami?

Huh, so what's the lowest drawing Mania attendance wise? Part 7.

Poor Sgt. Slaughter

I'm honestly not worried about who goes where in the draft. Things will get mixed up, regardless. And then it will be up to the writers and the performers to craft what we watch each week. The "best" people could all leave one show and it could still be great depending on what happens.

For instance, I seem to remember a lot of people thinking that SD got shafted a bit when the brand split first happened. I don't see that sentiment anymore, though.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    Sprout wrote: »

Roman allegedly isn't being moved till the next official draft.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Horrible news at the SD house show. Luke Harper
    changed his shirt, tron video, and hairstyle (tied it back instead of let it loose and flow)
    C7UrhthU8AA3QxT.jpg

changed his shirt, tron video, and hairstyle (tied it back instead of let it loose and flow)
    C7UrhthU8AA3QxT.jpg

Could have been a lot worse I think. For instance, his attire before the Big Rig character.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I hate you for making me think some kind of horrible injury happened to him.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    C7UrhthU8AA3QxT.jpg
    This is good news to me

New hairstyle, clothes and titantron sounds like a newly important role to me

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    C7UrhthU8AA3QxT.jpg
    This is good news to me

Oh sweet summer child

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Now how do we get Cesaro new music

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    Nirya wrote: »

RIP
    Luke's good hair and shirt

Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    C7UrhthU8AA3QxT.jpg
    This is good news to me

Oh sweet summer child

I have more faith in SDL creative for him.

Nirya wrote: »

RIP
    Luke's good hair and shirt

Nah.

If he's going to move on from being "disgusting cult servant of Bray Wyatt", then things about him are going to have to change.

It's the same reason I've always been annoyed that Roman didn't really change much after The Shield breakup. Slightly different attire, pretty much the same music. It's bad marketing. If someone's character is entering a new phase, then show it to me.

• AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    C7UrhthU8AA3QxT.jpg

Man, Dean Ambrose looks way different than the last time I saw him.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    PWG Game Over, Man! card

Lio Rush vs Rey Fenix
    Keith Lee vs Jeff Cobb
    Matt Riddle vs Adam Cole
    Mark Haskins returns vs Mike Elgin
    War Machine debuts vs the Young Bucks
    Chuck Taylor vs Marty Scurll in a street fight
    Dick Togo vs ZSJ

AJR wrote: »
    C7UrhthU8AA3QxT.jpg

Man, Dean Ambrose looks way different than the last time I saw him.

Grew 6 inches taller and now has a beard

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Skwigelf wrote: »
    Skwigelf wrote: »
    So I was watching this week's [Runs Fast Man] episode and when [Insert Villain Here] says "[Insert Hero Name Here], I knew you would come." I immediately shouted "[Aforementioned Villain] IS MATT HARDY!"(because part of the theme from the last couple episodes was "Who is [Previously Mentioned Villain]?")

I think either the vertigo or the meds I'm taking for said vertigo are getting to me.

(Glad I redacted all those important bits or some people might be angry about [Show About Guy That Runs Fast And All The Villains Also Run Fast Too] spoilers!)

Was this post meant to be submitted to Not Always?

"Not Always"?

No. It's totally wrestling related because it's about Matt Hardy and I specifically spoilered all the important non-Matt Hardy names so people didn't get spoiled about something minor that happens in this past weeks episode of [The Red Runnerman] outside of the relevant thread for non-spoilered conversation about that show and the related shows.

Heh, sorry; it's just that Not Always Right and its related sites are a little notorious for redacting names and brands in the stories they post, sometimes to the point of absurdity. The way you did it just reminded me of that.

You can get an idea of it here: https://notalwaysright.com/making-freeze-like-statue/64842

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    PWG Game Over, Man! card

Lio Rush vs Rey Fenix
    Keith Lee vs Jeff Cobb
    Matt Riddle vs Adam Cole
    Mark Haskins returns vs Mike Elgin
    War Machine debuts vs the Young Bucks
    Chuck Taylor vs Marty Scurll in a street fight
    Dick Togo vs ZSJ

If this is another "plucky underdog" match for Haskins I'm going to send Super Dragon a strongly worded email that I know he won't read because how can you read anything through that mask?

I still need to watch that whole tourney

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Big Show esque

Well I guess I have something else to add to my list of reasons I don't like Walter on top of "Ringkampf look a bit like Neo-Nazis during their ring entrance" and "Is in a stable with Timothy Thatcher".

Less than two weeks to Mania, damn.

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    Big E knows how to hex people

Meltzer is totally giving that main event the first 5 star rating in PWG history.

• AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    He already gave 5 stars to a PWG match last year. It was for the main event for the second night of BOLA.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    AJR wrote: »
    He already gave 5 stars to a PWG match last year. It was for the main event for the second night of BOLA.

Huh

I agree on the 5 star thing at least. He's already gushed about the whole event, and it's well deserved

I wanted to see Cole live, that was the only bummer of the night.

This discussion has been closed.