As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] FFBE Story Event. Spend tons of NRG, get modest amounts of materials.

RiusRius Globex CEONobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
edited June 2017 in Games and Technology
u1pkmojvs6e5.jpg

What is Final Fantasy Brave Exvius?
A mobile game for Android and Apple devices, from the company that brings you all things Final Fantasy, in collaboration with A-lim, who handled the Japanese version of Brave Frontier, and Gumi who handled the global release of said game. The plot revolves around a young knight named Rain, and his personal aide/best friend/mentor named Lasswell, and a girl who lost all memories named Fina. The world's crystals are being shattered by a mysterious enemy, and to help restore their power, you require Espers, and the ability to summon the souls of legendary heroes past known as "Visions".

What is with the name of the game?
It's SquareEnix, responsible for making a trilogy of games called Fabula Nova Crystalis. They're kind of known now for making up fanciful words like Crystarium, and Dissidia Duodecim 012, and 358/2 Days. Be the Bravest Exvius you can be, and define that on your own terms, that's what I say.

I've played Brave Frontier and liked/hated it. How does this compare?
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius is an expanded spin on Brave Frontier, with whom it shares some similarities. It's another gacha game, meaning you will earn in-game currency, coming in the form of Friend Points and Lapis, to summon new units on a seemingly unfair spreadsheet of hidden factors that emerge in the form of unique characters, and many familiar to the world of Final Fantasy.

You mentioned Final Fantasy characters? I love Final Fantasy!
FFBE has a wide variety of characters from Final Fantasy, with it's own beefy roster of unique names original to FFBE. Characters from Final Fantasy 1 all the way to 15 and even outliers such as Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy Type-0 are represented. Funny enough, there are no Final Fantasy 7 or 8 characters yet, but expect some to show up in Japan's version, which means at least a 5-6 month wait before we would get them in global. The animation sprites used in this game are gorgeous, by the way.

The roster of characters in game is a mishmash of various Final Fantasy games and Brave Frontier exclusive characters who all have a boring, pointless backstory that is meaningless because let's face it, you're here for your favorite FF character. As previously mentioned, characters are added to the gacha, usually alongside special events that tie into the game they're from (unless it's just more FFBE exclusives). Unlike other games of this type, the rarity isn't just in the higher rank of the unit, but also the characters themselves. You should ignore the fact that the Exdeath you pulled is 3*, for example, because it's possible to increase the rarity of units to their natural cap (Exdeath is capable of reaching 6*, the game's current top rarity.)

Here's a link to a site that will update regularly as the global version gets more characters, and ranks the units by various categories to back up the reasoning for their position in the tier list. http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Unit_Rankings

I'm new, and got a bunch of these characters out of my first 11-pull. Are any of these good? I love Shadow/Sabin/Penelo!

Unfortunately, your Shadow/Sabin/Penelo are some of the worst characters in the game. Yes, they are beloved Final Fantasy characters, but that doesn't exclude them from being King of the Trash Heap. Someone has to be, right? There is a subjective "tier" list of best units, based on role in your team, potential at their role, and overall performance here. Check it frequently as it will update every few weeks as new units are added, and almost always someone will replace the top spot in a given role at any time, with few exceptions.

If you're just starting out and want to know who to look for, below are some of the better units you can expect to see come out of your common blue crystal drop. If you see a prismatic crystal, rejoice, for it will grant a 5* base unit, which range from useful to very powerful and can easily secure a spot on your team!

THIS SECTION SUBJECT TO PENDING UPDATE
3* units to look for: Cecil, Cloud of Darkness, Bartz, Garland, Firion, Exdeath, Kefka, Terra, Vaan, Zidane, Roselia, Faris, Charlotte
4* base units to look for (gold crystal or better): Chizuru, Warrior of Light, Lenna, Garnet, Agrias, Rosa, Amarant, Refia, Snow
5* base units to look for (prismatic crystals only): Lightning, Ramza, Delita, Dark Knight Cecil, Luneth, Gilgamesh
3* base units that if your entire 11-pull is full of, you might want to re-roll: Vivi, Lani, Galuf, Shadow, Penelo, Sabin, Maria, Fran, Clyne, Russell, Bedile, Anzelm, Gilbert, Rakshasa, Medius, Cyan

Helpful Links:

ExviusWiki: Best source for Global version information, with maps for exploration dungeons, quest guides, and unit details.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Reddit: The reddit community for FFBE, containing info and updates for both the Japan and Global versions. Check here if you want to know what kind of stuff we'll get 5-6 months in advance since Japan gets it first. Also contains useful player-submitted guides, and has a Wiki which is up to date with the current state of Japan's game, so you can look ahead at unit enhancements and trust masteries, that sort of thing.

Friend ID List!:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HfEIPxz_tV42C8dhfSiuVsWJ_f2YQhXiNg5BwiuJCik/edit?usp=sharing

To find your friend ID in the game, tap Home in the upper right corner (on most screens), then the Menu icon in the upper right, then Player Info on the left. Your ID should look like this in your little character card: 123,456,789. This is also where you change your greeting, and rename your character if you like. Adding friends is the only way to use your "guest character" limit break in combat, and only your current party's Leader is shared to friends. Remember to set a Companion Party from the Options in the Main Menu! This way, you will always have a party set up with a specific character that will be shared to your friends, and you should never ever edit that party except to change the Leader if you want to change who you share.
diirlgg3jje1.gif

Rius on

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    THIS SECTION SUBJECT TO UPDATE

Quick Glossary of Things:

Lapis: The name of the in-game world. Conveniently, also the premium currency that you'll be getting from doing missions, daily quests, and most events. This is used largely to summon more premium units on banners, but you can also use it to expand your inventory and friend capacity, which is highly recommended. It is never recommended to use Lapis to unlock additional daily dungeons in the Vortex.

Friend Points (FP): Used to summon cheapo units. Most of them aren't worth your time, but a select few are worth holding on to as you accumulate your FP so you can fuse them into a Trust Mastery Reward. More info can be found here.

Trust Mastery Reward (TMR): The reward given for getting a unit's Trust up to 100%. There are a lot of good TMRs that make your life easier or really boost your party's output. That said, TMRs are a luxury, and by no means required to beat the main story content of the game. If you want to get serious about getting TMRs however, you will want to look into setting up an emulator such as Nox or MEmu on your PC and recording a script.

Arena: PVP. Rules change per week which affect the kind of shenanigans you can do, but you never play against another player live - the CPU controls them, and often makes it easy on you. Your worst case scenario is someone who sandbags you with shown unit like Rain, and you end up fighting against 4 Lightnings and a Cecil. Arena rewards include stat pots to fuse to your units to increase their base stats, up to a cap.

Colosseum: Structured fights that have 3 ranks of 5 tiers with 5 classes with 10 battles per class. Great source of Lapis and gear early on. The first two ranks can most easily be beaten with a unit sporting Gravija, such as Exdeath. Kefka's Heartless Angel is a renamed Gravija and works just as well. Most bosses are immune to this, but most of them aren't too bad to deal without it until you get into the S-class of the tier.

Vortex: Daily dungeons are here. When there are no special weekend dungeons, you'll mostly be coming here to use Chamber of Experience or Awakening to strengthen your team. Special events usually show up here tied in to the current rate-up banner featured on the home page. This is where you will be usually end up going to find the Moogle King to trade your event currency in for items. You can also do trial boss fights which reward great gear.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Thank you for this new thread Rius.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    This banner is so stupid. I guess at least it doesn't technically push back TGCid even further since he's mandatory waiting three weeks after Type 0 regardless, but still.

ztrEPtD.gif
    I picked up all of the tickets, the 30K moogle, a lot of the crystals (got Odin to 2* and level 20!), and a bunch of the larlars. I'm going to keep mindlessly grinding it until I get sick of it (it's getting close) and probably pick up all the 6* mats and Sacred Crystals. I'm on the fence about the 70K moogle. It took me 3 days of grinding to get to 40K...

edited March 2017
    I'm done with it aside from daily quests and playing catchup on all the old story mission lapis rewards instead of TM farming. 30k moogle, quartz, tickets, and I'm good. Maybe if I get close enough to the +15 Atk, I'll grab that, but eh.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I got the tickets and that's it. I may get the cactuars. I got one bonus unit and quite frankly I have a ton of TMRs to farm.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
  • EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    Pretty strange, to me, that there is absolutely no event to go along with Gilgamesh coming this week. Very light, considering that the banner is a rehash and the ongoing event is meh (most people have the basics that they want at this point already).

I mean, I guess I'll just TM farm or something.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
    Magus` wrote: »

Hm. They seem pretty weak as far as enhancements go, which is probably good since he was tippy top tier already without them. Of course, they make him even better, but they're not massive boosts like Ramza or Luneth's enhancements.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Olive Farm at 36%. Damnit.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    This banner is so stupid. I guess at least it doesn't technically push back TGCid even further since he's mandatory waiting three weeks after Type 0 regardless, but still.

the greg killer banner?

it's technically a great banner, it's just those of use planning since the beginning likely have everything except ramza

I think most people get excited about new units, rather than rate-ups for older ones, unless they're new players. I've only been playing since early October, but the seven or eight Bartz I've seen or the six Exdeaths I've seen, well, don't really need any more. The 4-star units are great but with the Gacha change they are much more common than they used to be.

Still, it's not bad to have a banner with nothing to pull, but, really? No event? We are just supposed to throw ourselves at Bad Guy Greg for a week?

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Well, the Greg trial is the most involved Trial we've gotten, so having a week to just bash up against it isn't a terrible idea. I mean, if we didn't already know the mechanics of the fight from the JPN version we'd probably spend at least a few days devising the best way to approach the trial. As is, though, the best strategies are pretty much already developed.

Cruor wrote: »
    Well, the Greg trial is the most involved Trial we've gotten, so having a week to just bash up against it isn't a terrible idea. I mean, if we didn't already know the mechanics of the fight from the JPN version we'd probably spend at least a few days devising the best way to approach the trial. As is, though, the best strategies are pretty much already developed.

Is there a link to these strategies somewhere?

urahonky wrote: »

Literally all over the subreddit at the moment.

ztrEPtD.gif
    Also I'm glad I already own all those units.

• ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Yeah, if anything this is a catchup banner. I kind of want to do dailies on it on the off chance for a Ramza, but I should really just be stockpiling lapis again.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I'll drop a half pull on it in the hopes of a Snow to go with my Yun and Xiao TM's for Firion, but I'm not going to try too hard. If the current banner is any indication, I'll just get Bediles anyway.

urahonky wrote: »

Literally all over the subreddit at the moment.

I have a hard time with the subreddit because it's usually a ton of people bitching about everything so I forget that it exists at times.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Gilgamesh's_Offensive

A pretty basic but helpful guide to the trial. Features which elements to bring, what units are good to use, and what elemental weapons you can bring with you.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm happy for a break week. I need to catch up with the story, continue working through old story missions for Lapis, and some serious TMR grind. I'll probably give the trial a try with Rain, WKN, Ling, Refia, and hope I can find a Olive whale with man-eater equiped for DPS.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Probably going to use my regular team for Gilgamesh. Would need to find someone for Wind, so maybe I'd sub in Bartz. Earth is ignorable since it's a Gravity attack and you can use Barstonra to mitigate most of it.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    My plan is Rain dual wielding Excalibur and the Air Knife. With Lava Floor, he'll cover 4 elements. I can throw Water on WKN.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I don't have a Bartz, so I'll be doing daily pulls at least.

As for Greg, I'm more concerned with making sure MP lasts the entire fight than sealing all elements, really

Getting all five elemental attacks is on its face not super hard but also you need to spam them for a long period of time

Putting the element-blade abilities on your damage dealers is how a lot of people cleared it in JP. It's not a great multiplier, but it gives good additional coverage and is cheap (most are, what, 3mp?).

A lot easier on the MP using Aero Blade compared to Wind Slash or Wind Shear, for sure.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Yeah, like Lava Floor gives you double element coverage but also it's 20MP a pop

edited March 2017
    I'm glad I was lucky enough to pull a Ling. I have a feeling she'll be the MVP of my Gilgamesh trial run.

Cruor on
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I don't have a Bartz, so I'll be doing daily pulls at least.

As for Greg, I'm more concerned with making sure MP lasts the entire fight than sealing all elements, really

Getting all five elemental attacks is on its face not super hard but also you need to spam them for a long period of time

friend noctis

also when you pull a bartz you have a permanent elixer

I already have a Noctis of my own as well, thankfully

But yeah the main reason I want Bartz is for his suicide restore

double nocti means you will likely never run out of mana

PiptheFair wrote: »

And one can tank with Fish too!

ztrEPtD.gif
    Anyway since I took so much time off from the game it'll be awhile before I'm ready to do this trial regardless

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular

give him ring of the lucii and some other evade item too

be that guy and just break greg

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Does Cover from multiple Noctis stack?

No. But you can alternate between them to conserve mana.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12

Unfortunately I've only got one Shine

Unfortunately I've only got one Shine

And I have none, but I'm hopeful one of my whale buddies will kit out a Noctis specifically for it. I don't think it'll be nearly as hard as people are saying though just because we have Noctis to rely on for so many things that Japan didn't have when this first came out, and especially if you have two Noctii.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, they had no 45% break at the time (Ling), no real MP recovery to speak of (Noctis/Ling/WKN/Soulna band/etc). Even if you don't have any of those you could at least get one from a friend.

Datamine seems to imply we also need to cover lightning though. I actually made use of Delita and his Thundaga blade instead of Luneth, since there's no thundara blade and I never bothered fusing bediles. Got all the missions in one go, WKN's still a champ. Didn't bother with water but he barely noticed through bring it on. They added break resistance I think because it didn't work sometimes, which made it a little more interesting too.

Fire up Clash on the Big Bridge and have at it.

BlehBlehAmiga on
    ffbe ign: Kas
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, they had no 45% break at the time (Ling), no real MP recovery to speak of (Noctis/Ling/WKN/Soulna band/etc). Even if you don't have any of those you could at least get one from a friend.

Datamine seems to imply we also need to cover lightning though. I actually made use of Delita and his Thundaga blade instead of Luneth, since there's no thundara blade and I never bothered fusing bediles. Got all the missions in one go, WKN's still a champ. Didn't bother with water but he barely noticed through bring it on. They added break resistance I think because it didn't work sometimes, which made it a little more interesting too.

Fire up Clash on the Big Bridge and have at it.

How do you you have your WKN loaded out? What group did you use?

Trajan45 on
  • BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    WKN was set up in pure tank gear, plus golem staff & black belt to cover earth most of the time. Had Golem esper for the earth resistance if black belt didn't hit. Also intended to use esper on thresholds but either didn't have the orbs or one time switched a turn earlier than I had meant to. Covered wind with spells if Noctis had to Cover or Jump for mp. Had ring of Lucii on him for evade and supplemental MP but that was a luxury and he would have been fine without it.

Ling - Dance of Rebirth after thresholds. Mag break but only worked some of the time. Entrust for Noctis. MP restore. Carbuncle for Cura and Dispel but don't think I ended up using them on her.

Refia - Dualcast Refia things. Could have made more sense to have the golem/black belt on her since she didn't die on thresholds, but only eating the few AE's she might not have countered much either.

Delita - Fire/Holy weapons plus Thundaga blade.

Noctis - Wind/Holy weapons, Cover, Jump, LB as needed (used it after thresholds for a def/spr buff to make sure I didn't get a second death before WKN could bring it on again). Suppose I could have used Trident instead of an Excal, but didn't think I needed water and wanted more damage. Diablos + maneater but would have been ok without maneater, just a little longer.

Using thunder flask for the lightning would have the added benefit of a longer break plus more likely to have it hit since you're casting it every turn. That's expensive to maintain though and I wanted Noctis to be available to do other things. Not having any break on was definitely a big increase in the damage I was taking and had a few close turns, but I didn't know about the break resistance before I went in.

BlehBlehAmiga on
    ffbe ign: Kas
This discussion has been closed.