As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] FFBE Story Event. Spend tons of NRG, get modest amounts of materials.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    so what are the ifit coins for anyway?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    azith28 wrote: »

Go to Summon. There's a new banner there for spending them that gives you mostly awakening materials and trust moogles specifically for the event units.

I think maybe you can also very rarely summon the units themselves instead of/in addition to getting them through achieving the grinding threshholds. I could be mistaken though.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    You can; I've gotten a bunch of Thancreds already.

ArcTangent wrote: »

Go to Summon. There's a new banner there for spending them that gives you mostly awakening materials and trust moogles specifically for the event units.

I think maybe you can also very rarely summon the units themselves instead of/in addition to getting them through achieving the grinding threshholds. I could be mistaken though.

confirmed... i just did a multi-pull of 22 and got 3 thandcreds.

All right. Good to know. I've pulled like... 30ish and the only 'units' I've gotten so far are a couple moogles for Y'shtola. Whoopie.

ztrEPtD.gif
    going to have so many thandcreds....luckily his TM isnt bad as a filler for stuff you might be missing. (10% atk and hp)

Checking reddit for ideas of how to deal with Elite Ifrit is either hilarious or depressing. They all seem to be "stack the fuck out of fire resist, and then settle in for a 20 minute fight." My favorite is the "This unit can solo carry Ifrit because it's all but immune to his damage and the self-sustain takes care of the rest. Oh, and use a macro, because it'll take HOURS."

ztrEPtD.gif
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I just lived the dream where ELT Ifrit did 8 straight auto-attacks on his turn.

I didn't even know that was possible. Thanks for the free win I guess?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Went ahead and did a 10+1 on the Player's Choice banner. No Rainbows but I got Trust Moogles for 2 Rainbow! Marie and Gilgamesh that I don't have. The entire pull had only 1 on-banner person (which was a single Zidane). The rest of the banner had 3 yellows (Refia, Luka, and Nine) and the rest was a bunch of shitty blues (with the Zidane exception). Only good Trust Moogle out of the 11 was the one for Quick Assault.

Aegis wrote: »

you act like it only takes 2 turns to kill him. whats your party look like?

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    <- has ling
    <- has Marie

both sitting at 5* lvl ~40

• tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    The Orb thing isn't great for me since it means I can't burn though all my NRG and then let it refill throughout the day. You have to play at least every 5 hours.

steam_sig.png
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Finished Excalibur, replaced with Shine. Excalibur will be nice for Noctis once he's leveled.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Decided to make a bit of a go at Noctis. 40 tickets and a 10 pull. Wasn't surprised to not get a rainbow, but I got a ton of golds. Also got enough copies of Zidane to finish my third dual wield, so Chizuru gets some more oomph.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

you act like it only takes 2 turns to kill him. whats your party look like?

Oh no, it takes a while, the auto-attack turn just happened late and a free turn of him whacking away at Cecil is huge in terms of recovery.

Otherwise it's Noctis, Cecil, Ling, Refia, & Elza. Fire Resistance is: Cecil (100%), Ling (55%), Refia (50%, Flame Shield), & Noctis (50% from Ifrit).

Characters
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Finally got around to clearing Gilgamesh. Failed 3 times learning the fight but on the final try I managed to get all the missions in one shot using the Rain, Bartz, Refia, Cecil, friendly Noctis setup.

Fully leveled up and awakened Bartz just for that fight so I could sacrifice him over and over again.

I guess you don't need a 5* base as long as you know someone that does.

The +30% ATK and the Genji Blade let Firion break past 800 ATK so that's a nice feeling.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Raid rewards scale as the raid goes on. Ifrit levels based on how much damage he takes globally. Also the buffed the turt cave so now you can get up to 9 a run

did they fix that duelcast = double attack bug? i cant get it to work.

nm....bug doesnt work. no need to ever talk about it ever again. especially where gummi can hear.

I got ELT Ifrit down to ~50% on my first try, which rewarded more coins than a completed PRO run, so I'll probably be doing at least that from now on. Firion on Barfira Duty, and then Noctis/Ling/Refia/Cecil/FriendNoctis doing their usual things. I slipped up and let Embolden drop which is what started the failure cascade. And FriendNoctis didn't have a Jeweled Ring on which was annoying.

Rius wrote: »
    I got ELT Ifrit down to ~50% on my first try, which rewarded more coins than a completed PRO run, so I'll probably be doing at least that from now on. Firion on Barfira Duty, and then Noctis/Ling/Refia/Cecil/FriendNoctis doing their usual things. I slipped up and let Embolden drop which is what started the failure cascade. And FriendNoctis didn't have a Jeweled Ring on which was annoying.

How much more?

ELT Ifrit is 7000 base points, before % bonus. At level 9 a few hours ago, I was getting 11,480 points (1148 coins) per win.

Characters
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    @El Fantastico if you have any tickets or lapis left, now would be the time to use them. Seems Zidane is a rate up this time and folks are having good luck.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • WaveformWaveform Registered User regular
    Well, I think I'm calling it a day with this game.

Was getting pretty burned out by the combination of the TM grind plus terrible 5* luck.

Decided to do an El Fantastico on the Player's Choice banner and see if the game would cough up a Noctis for me (or even Olive).

100 tickets + 28k lapis later and no such luck. Got Gilgamesh, Emperor and Dark Fina instead - haha.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    This game has exceptionally terrible pull rates and I'd never actively try to pull a 5* base unit

I am getting mulched on Elite so far. Maybe because I'm not clearing the fire-debuff? I want to awaken Milfilia and use her for the 70% fire resist but I am just not getting these Star Motes I need.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Talith wrote: »
    I am getting mulched on Elite so far. Maybe because I'm not clearing the fire-debuff? I want to awaken Milfilia and use her for the 70% fire resist but I am just not getting these Star Motes I need.

If you beat Gilgamesh you can use BF on your own team to remove it.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Finally got around to clearing Gilgamesh. Failed 3 times learning the fight but on the final try I managed to get all the missions in one shot using the Rain, Bartz, Refia, Cecil, friendly Noctis setup.

Fully leveled up and awakened Bartz just for that fight so I could sacrifice him over and over again.

I guess you don't need a 5* base as long as you know someone that does.

The +30% ATK and the Genji Blade let Firion break past 800 ATK so that's a nice feeling.

Shit, forgot I wanted to try and draw a Bartz from that banner too

OK killed myself with Bushido freedom despite putting it on a staff weilder. Let's not go that route. Maybe I'll go get this flame mail recipe instead.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    OK killed myself with Bushido freedom despite putting it on a staff weilder. Let's not go that route. Maybe I'll go get this flame mail recipe instead.

You can also find a copy of Flame Armour in the train exploration behind the entrance.

Characters

Huh, you wouldn't think it'd do much damage. Flame Mail takes 15 (!) Fire Megacrysts so.. yeaaah.

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular

15 fire megacrysts, not worth it.

edited March 2017
    A valiant attempt was made.

mKpKmbX.png

That was after collecting all the random fire resist equipment from quests/explorations that I could put together. Well, at least it's better than Pro. That run got me about 1100 coins, but yeah... One bad Plume thingy round and it all quickly goes mushroom shaped. I might be able to stabilize a little better using Ling instead of Luneth since all he contributes is damage, doesn't contribute a ton even at 800 Atk, and the sustain/innate fire resist will probably go a little further.

E:
    Oh wait. My Ling is at level 1, 5*. Pretty sure I can't get her up to usable even with the 80 or so cactuars I could pull from Mog.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    I did a 50 pull on the raid banner and got Y'shtola and Minfilia. Nothing to level them up with and I know you get them for free, but still.

Magus` wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »

How much more?

A couple hundred or so? And it didn't take long to get him to 50%, and wouldn't have been long to get him lower/dead at the pace I was doing.

Freaking 15 fire megacrysts to craft the armor. D:

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    For a second I thought maybe Ifrit was leveling up or something, since in the last few ELT runs he was hitting so much fucking harder.

Then I noticed that he wasn't getting consistently ATK or MAG broken. I guess up until that point I was getting lucky in applying them on the first turn and never noticed, due to reflexive refreshing, that they can fail to apply.

Characters
    What's the level down counter for? Like he'll return to level 1?

• ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Got antsy and spent ~4 or 5 tickets and got my second Chiz, whoo! A third would be nice, but I think I'm back to just dailies on this one thankfully since I only have like 16 tickets left.

Also ELT Ifrit indeed hits like a truck. I need me some Maria friends or something to deal with it. Trying to draw a Minfilia in the mean time.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

that's his level up counter

EDIT: oh that, uhh I guess he returns to lvl 1 daily?

PiptheFair on
    PiptheFair wrote: »

that's his level up counter

EDIT: oh that, uhh I guess he returns to lvl 1 daily?

That seems kind of a dick move, but whatever.

I really want that FP special banner to come back so I can use all of my FPs.

This discussion has been closed.