As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Medieval Crossbow Discussion [chat]

amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhourThe woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
DA was nice enough to gift me a chat since I am forever in Geth's targeting lasers so here's a chat about making medieval crossbows.

https://youtu.be/dxAxycwrmcU

https://youtu.be/gxz5IZo-h9E

https://youtu.be/3R4zNBV1Kos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bZ16TMIack

Okay now get to work, I expect to see crossbows tomorrow.

are YOU on the beer list?

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Def looking forward to watching some of these videos later, this looks pretty cool.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I bless this chat.

That was before I knew it would be about crossbows.

I now double bless this chat.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Sorry, I can't made medieval crossbows. Only expressionist or post-modern crossbows.

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    I bless this chat.

That was before I knew it would be about crossbows.

I now double bless this chat.

But you had to reload in between?

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I have so much work to do but all I want to do is play all the Zelda.

All of it, forever.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    This is the funniest shit ever:

https://youtu.be/LinpRhB4aWU

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    AH I am not making crossbows

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    How fast do you think I can annoy the baptist person here if I start saying "gosh bless you"?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    I have so much work to do but all I want to do is play all the Zelda.

All of it, forever.

I'm trying to finish Wind Waker HD first. I have a launch Switch and only 45 minutes into BOTW.

But WW is so boring at this point.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Meh bowcasters are better

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    This is why Twitter eventually created easier tweet-chains to follow. When someone replies to themself and continue to respond in that fashion, when you click to read the tweet all of their responses will be lined up orderly after it.

So damn much of Twitter's functionality was created by the actual users and then formally implemented by Twitter.

At-mentions, retweets, all by users.
    The people operating Twitter don't know what they doing. They've added so many stupid nuances, and often in the name of "safety." Meanwhile they don't actually get rid of white supremacists calling for murder and such.

This past month they rolled out a new "safety" feature that put a soft-lock on your Twitter account. It was supposed to be an anti-harassment tool. I accidentally helped discover what triggers it; George Carlin's seven naughty words. If you use them at any verified account that has the safety feature on, you're punished. So yes, saying "shit" at the Vice President's official account under any context will get you soft-banned on Twitter.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I want a list of chatters with a switch but it's not really pressing til something multiplayer happens, or at least we get friends lists.

for me that'll be mk8 most likely but idk how many people actually plan to play that.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Scotland even already has a wall!

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »
    How fast do you think I can annoy the baptist person here if I start saying "gosh bless you"?

hqdefault.jpg

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    edit: ahh the forums are exploding

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »

But are you considering making one excellent crossbow?

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I want a list of chatters with a switch but it's not really pressing til something multiplayer happens, or at least we get friends lists.

for me that'll be mk8 most likely but idk how many people actually plan to play that.

right now, the switch multiplayer setup is a total shitshow anyways.

We might be better off using discord or slack to organize broadly, and then use their system on a per-game basis to line stuff up. Considering all features are in a phone app anyways, may as well use a better phone app for communication.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    oh neat, a comedian whose opinion i respect liked my dumb joke on facebook

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

By like the second time of you intentionally doing it. So faster than asking a vegan about meat products, but slower than a Bernie voter complaining the dems screwed him.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Forums are acting goofballs

Ludious on
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »

Is Zelda even multi?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Paid for and built by foreigners, none the less

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    ewn9ZOl.jpg

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    No Game of Thrones in the OP? Weak.

Also it's a gods damned shame that Anna Kendrick line wound up on page 99.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    @amateurhour check out Todd's stuff. He makes authentic replicas of crossbows (sorry, no lasers) and has good vids on how they are used and were made.

eg:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoGI6tRt6ho

note that he made that bow and it's components

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    DevoutlyApathetic, I'd take you to task for just giving away chat, but for some reason, I don't you'd care.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

That wall is entirely within England

Bro do you even Antonine Wall?

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Once I decided not to make a .32 caliber squirrel rifle with the cedar stock I had cut out I was all "well what can I do with a gun stock sized piece of cedar?"

OH I KNOW I CAN MAKE A CROSSBOW SINCE WE'RE GETTING A FORGE!

So I already called pull-a-part and a leaf spring is gonna run me like $30 and I've got the scrap metal for the rest of the parts.

Will THIS be the thing that finally kills me?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Henroid wrote: »
    This past month they rolled out a new "safety" feature that put a soft-lock on your Twitter account. It was supposed to be an anti-harassment tool. I accidentally helped discover what triggers it; George Carlin's seven naughty words. If you use them at any verified account that has the safety feature on, you're punished. So yes, saying "shit" at the Vice President's official account under any context will get you soft-banned on Twitter.

I'm pretty sure I've noticed that, I've had two random shitstains swearing at me to give them my username and their tweets suddenly vanished. I only saw it because my client caches mentions.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    DevoutlyApathetic, I'd take you to task for just giving away chat, but for some reason, I don't you'd care.

Magic 8 Ball Says: "All signs point to meh"

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    amateurhour check out Todd's stuff. He makes authentic replicas of crossbows (sorry, no lasers) and has good vids on how they are used and were made.

eg:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoGI6tRt6ho

note that he made that bow and it's components

I knew I was leaving someone out. He made a good one for Skallagrim.

His stiff is REALLY nice but also very expensive.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Possibly!

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Denny's... the cut-rate Arby's.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Once I decided not to make a .32 caliber squirrel rifle with the cedar stock I had cut out I was all "well what can I do with a gun stock sized piece of cedar?"

So I already called pull-a-part and a leaf spring is gonna run me like $30 and I've got the scrap metal for the rest of the parts.

Nah, most of us have money on food borne death.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Also, no [chat] poll? You have failed this [chat] @amateurhour ! Or lived up to your user name. Something like that.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »

But are you considering making one excellent crossbow?

I'm not even going to make one crossbow!

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

Wear safety glasses pls

• Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Also, no [chat] poll? You have failed this [chat] amateurhour ! Or lived up to your user name. Something like that.

polls are the devil's survey and they have no purpose in MY chats

This discussion has been closed.