As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Zelda] thread broke! Time to use the good weapons, I guess.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So I wasn't paying attention while in Rito Village and I maaaaaaay have dumped a pile of raw drumsticks in front of the locals

Rito are Birds of Prey so I wouldn't worry about it

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    It's the whole Vegetarian Mermaid assumption.

People think "oh, mermaids wouldn't eat fish. They practically are fish, right?"

Hell no, if they can eat meat at all, they'd be eating more fish than any human civilization; that's the kind of wild game that they live around.

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Saying the Rito shouldn't eat poultry is like saying humans shouldn't eat pork, birds and mammals are at the same level of classification

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    gorons are rocks but they eat rocks

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Currently halfway up akkala ruins

It's raining

:mad:

• Options
    -Tal wrote: »

It seems Gorons eat fossils

• Options

That's just fancy rocks.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Saying the Rito shouldn't eat poultry is like saying humans shouldn't eat pork, birds and mammals are at the same level of classification

There's a Rito woman at Gerudo city who complains that they don't sell chicken there.

edit: I see I'm not the first to bring this up. lol

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options

• Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    Today I encountered the most annoying Korok seed yet.
    I think it was in the Faron region. There are three rocks sitting in a small river, with one ball already in its place on a boulder. The other two are connected by a chain and you need to use magnesis to put them both on the other two rocks (or at least that's how I did it). Whenever I would get one on a rock and went to use magnesis on the other ball, the connected ball would fall out of its spot and into the river. I think it took me close to 30 minutes to maneuver them into their correct spots and it was one of the few times in this game that I didn't feel pride after working hard to finish a task. This was just tedious.

• Options
    Rayze wrote: »
    I think it was in the Faron region. There are three rocks sitting in a small river, with one ball already in its place on a boulder. The other two are connected by a chain and you need to use magnesis to put them both on the other two rocks (or at least that's how I did it). Whenever I would get one on a rock and went to use magnesis on the other ball, the connected ball would fall out of its spot and into the river. I think it took me close to 30 minutes to maneuver them into their correct spots and it was one of the few times in this game that I didn't feel pride after working hard to finish a task. This was just tedious.

How I solved it
    I put one ball on a rock, stasised it, and then put the other ball on the other rock

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

It's raining

It fucking rains in Akkala all the damn time. Way more than any other zone, even the jungle.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Oh yeah, it does. I never even thought about that before.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Enlong wrote: »

That's just fancy rocks.

Gorons only eat Rock Sirloin and Rupees. I think Bow is the only time we see Rock sirloin

Edit wait no I think one of the oracles has it as a quest item

King Riptor on
  • Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular

How I solved it
    I put one ball on a rock, stasised it, and then put the other ball on the other rock

That's how I solved it too. I forgot how I actually completed it since I was so focused on how annoying it was.

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    It's in Majora's Mask! You bring some to a stranded goron

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »

It's raining

It fucking rains in Akkala all the damn time. Way more than any other zone, even the jungle.

I made it

It was probably my favorite climb thus far. Did it without agroing a single guardian or hitting one piece of corruption

• Options
    So why is (armor spoiler)
    The Zora armor the only set that gives you special abilities? You can climb waterfalls and spin attack and none of the other armor I've found can do anything like that

Like, I guess they needed something to spice up swimming faster but there isn't even a swim faster food whereas the other dungeon area armor can all be replaced with cooking

The Rito armor should let you maneuver better in the air and give you a bit of lift when you take out your paraglider

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Major Test of Strength
    I was expecting something more than just bigger weapons. Wasn't much of a challenge. Same pattern means I can Perfect Dodge all of its melee moves and then Flurry to punish, raise Cryosis blocks to stop its charge, then when it goes into death beam mode I can stick close and just run around as it keeps missing me. Cost me my Great Thunderblade and Thunderspear, but in exchange I got Ancient Battle Axe++, Guardian Shield++, and Guardian Spear++ so fine I'll take that trade.

Madican on
  • Options
    edited March 2017

That's just fancy rocks.

Gorons only eat Rock Sirloin and Rupees. I think Bow is the only time we see Rock sirloin

Edit wait no I think one of the oracles has it as a quest item

Don't Gorons think that gems taste nasty, and are only good for trading to those other civilizations who actually think they're worth something?

Enlong on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Found a very pretty and unique pony, found my third fairy, then made in to rito town and onto medoh, gonna finish that up tomorrow and then head southward I guess

It feels weird that I'm almost 3/4 done the divine beasts but there are entire zones I haven't actually had go into yet as part of the main story

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Madican wrote: »
    Major Test of Strength
    I was expecting something more than just bigger weapons. Wasn't much of a challenge. Same pattern means I can Perfect Dodge all of its melee moves and then Flurry to punish, raise Cryosis blocks to stop its charge, then when it goes into death beam mode I can stick close and just run around as it keeps missing me. Cost me my Great Thunderblade and Thunderspear, but in exchange I got Ancient Battle Axe++, Guardian Shield++, and Guardian Spear++ so fine I'll take that trade.
    Personally I'm kind of awful at those fights without the master sword.

I'm twitchy and those things take too damn long to fucking swing.

It would be different if I had much incentive to use perfect dodge or parry anywhere else other than the Lynel fights later on. There's just no motivation to practice it, otherwise.

Well that and the Calamity Ganon fight, which is a hassle if you don't get any good at any of the timed moves.

edit: also! this is pretty awesome.
    You can redo the combat shrines after a bloodmoon. So, once you have a lot of them unlocked, you have access to a pretty large supply of ancient weapons.

Goatmon on

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

How I solved it

That's how I solved it too. I forgot how I actually completed it since I was so focused on how annoying it was.
    I'm not familiar with that particular instance, but if the problem is that it's falling into the river, is it possible to replace the river with huge blocks of ice instead?

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Has anyone else done the shrine north of the lost woods yet??
    Holy shit that Cyclops scared the fucking piss out of me

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Major Test of Strength
    Personally I'm kind of awful at those fights without the master sword.

I'm twitchy and those things take too damn long to fucking swing.

It would be different if I had much incentive to use perfect dodge or parry anywhere else other than the Lynel fights later on. There's just no motivation to practice it, otherwise.

Well that and the Calamity Ganon fight, which is a hassle if you don't get any good at any of the timed moves.

edit: also! this is pretty awesome.
    You can redo the combat shrines after a bloodmoon. So, once you have a lot of them unlocked, you have access to a pretty large supply of ancient weapons.

Oh, that's pretty useful knowledge. I'll keep it in mind when I need to restock some powerhouse weapons, thanks.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    So why is (armor spoiler)
    The Zora armor the only set that gives you special abilities? You can climb waterfalls and spin attack and none of the other armor I've found can do anything like that

Like, I guess they needed something to spice up swimming faster but there isn't even a swim faster food whereas the other dungeon area armor can all be replaced with cooking

The Rito armor should let you maneuver better in the air and give you a bit of lift when you take out your paraglider

There is a "swim faster" food - all the speed-up food (rushrooms etc.) boosts running, climbing and swimming speed.

This also means that at nighttime you pretty much never need to swap out of your sneaking suit except for combat and temperature.

Specifics on your armor spoiler
    Also, actually having an attack in the water is kind of useful while I can't thing of any time that, say, a climbing attack would've been useful? You actually get attacked in the water, especially near Zora's Domain.

The Rito armor also has the hidden benefit of AFAICT letting you swim in freezing water, not to mention that ridiculously useful antifreeze ability, and there's another thing that kind of does what you want in the Rito area anyway sooooo

• Options
    Armor stuff.
    basically, each divine beast quest armor lets you avoid a hazard you had to deal with during the quest, and let's you get to the beast. Snowquill armor lets you survive the freezing mountains. Flame breaker lets you hang out on Death Mountain all you want. Desert armor lets you beat the heat. And Zora Armor lets you climb waterfalls instead of taking the river road.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Armor stuff.
    basically, each divine beast quest armor lets you avoid a hazard you had to deal with during the quest, and let's you get to the beast. Snowquill armor lets you survive the freezing mountains. Flame breaker lets you hang out on Death Mountain all you want. Desert armor lets you beat the heat. And Zora Armor lets you climb waterfalls instead of taking the river road.
    Yeah but the zora armor is unique in that it confers a new ability, the others are all passive

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    guardians are the enemy that best encapsulates this game's design philosophy

incredibly difficult hard blocks to progress early on, but there are 3 or 4 different ways of fighting them that render them completely trivial, and once you've gotten better at the game and gotten the right equipment they're barely even a nuisance

Yes this game is dark souls

Nah, there's actually things to do in this game other than combat and is, thus, fun to play.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    So I'm at Medoh now (also some ruta stuff)
    The lead up to Medoh was cool but not as fun as it was with Ruta, I think its because it really lacked the sense of speed that riding Sidon had and there wasn't any active sections like blowing up the ice chunks

It also didn't have the lead up part with like "You need bomb arrows so you have to go where this crazy strong monster lives and either kill it or sneak around and steal enough arrows" which sure I guess they didn't want to use the exact same bit but the stuff they did instead was just not as much fun

Falco is an asshole and I genuinely look forward to him being a passive aggressive dick every time I activate a terminal, and then thanking-but-not-thanking me after I save his bird soul

Also I'm slightly disappointed because when I first saw what turned out to be Medoh in the distance way back at the very very start of the game my first thought was "oh my god that looks twilight realm as fuck I hope its like a twili ufo they sent over to see what was going on"

Giant ancient bird robot is still good but I do think all the beasts have kind of a twili look to their designs

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • Options
    Got the Wasteland tower, and a few more shrines last night

god the ancient armor is expensive

no way I'll be getting that anytime soon

I still can't figure out where to sell for higher prices =/

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

Unless the vendor specifically says they'll give you more (there's a gerudo in goron town that will buy gems from you for more than normal selling prices) everyone should let you sell for the same price AFAIK...

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Naphtali wrote: »

Unless the vendor specifically says they'll give you more (there's a gerudo in goron town that will buy gems from you for more than normal selling prices) everyone should let you sell for the same price AFAIK...

I would agree with you except I saw my GF selling some field greens (2 endura carrots) for 210 rupees. She even screenshotted the recipe since it was a great money maker.

I can only find people to buy them for 110

We can't remember where she sold them

I THINK it was lurelin village, but I can't find that either =p

edit: I kind of wish the dead guardians would respawn their loot after a bloodmoon too

Xaquin on
  • Options
    Went on another journey after figuring out the ball Stasis shrine (turns out I was supposed to use the barrels instead of launching the ball out of the pit but OH WELL). Went through the entirety of the canyon killing wolves (yes please come attack me, saves me the arrows) and by the time I reached the end I was laden with Prime Meat and a decent number of Gourmet Meat. Found a shrine towards the end that taunted me with a big slab of rock over the entrance to the hole, with just enough of a crack to see the shrine. Putzed around it a bit then remembered Stasis does the trick and off it went.

After that I had reached the edge of the world so I turned back and went along the top of the canyon just climbing everywhere. Eventually found myself in a place called the Gerudo Highlands and was promptly told I was freezing to death. No problem, equip Warm Doublet! ...Not enough. Cold-resist food! ...Not enough. Well shit maybe I should turn back. Though, wait a minute. Equip Great Flameblade! And that was enough to get me above the threshold. Found an ice block shrine, got some pictures, saw a different dragon, killed another Stone Talus for gems, and then found the shrine with the Major Test of Strength. One more shrine and I can get another heart container for 9 hearts.

A good session considering I was only able to play for an hour or two.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Apparently that one armor set boosts damage on ancient weapons by 80%, which is huge!

Great Hyrule Forest
    Does... does the Master Sword count as an ancient weapon? It's the ancientest of all

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Naphtali wrote: »

I would agree with you except I saw my GF selling some field greens (2 endura carrots) for 210 rupees. She even screenshotted the recipe since it was a great money maker.

I can only find people to buy them for 110

We can't remember where she sold them

I THINK it was lurelin village, but I can't find that either =p

edit: I kind of wish the dead guardians would respawn their loot after a bloodmoon too

are you sure they were cooked with only two carrots and not more; field greens can be made with other ingredients as well (hyrule herbs afaik)

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Apparently that one armor set boosts damage on ancient weapons by 80%, which is huge!

Great Hyrule Forest
    Does... does the Master Sword count as an ancient weapon? It's the ancientest of all

don't quote me, but I believe it does

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Store restocking is weird. Or at least uneven. One guy I bought arrows from at least a week in realtime ago (.....don't ask how much in game time/days) still hasn't restocked the product. Others seem to do so by the next in-game day?

Weeeeird

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Store restocking is weird. Or at least uneven. One guy I bought arrows from at least a week in realtime ago (.....don't ask how much in game time/days) still hasn't restocked the product. Others seem to do so by the next in-game day?

Weeeeird

the only person I've found that restocks consistently is beedle

edit: best way to get arrows?

warp back to great plateau after a blood moon and let the low level bokos miss you. Pick up their missed 4 arrows. Then let them hit your shield for 3 more arrows. Then kill them for 5 more arrows.

11 free arrows!

I got about 50 in under 15 minutes last night

Xaquin on
This discussion has been closed.