As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let Me Tell You About Podcasts

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I mean yeah that is batshit

But thats more on the employee then the company saying "Rob them rob everyone blind mwahahahaha"

They literally have a policy in place to lie about not having new merchandise in stock if the customer isn't buying anything used, dude

They just got busted over it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Do you want a warranty on your copy of Zelda?
    Did you preorder Persona 5?

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Gamestop is fine

The internet just goes out of its way to find the craziest examples of them and paints it as the entire company

Like the required used game to new game ratios that employees must meet or be fired, you mean?

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    That circle of life shit didn't even make any financial sense

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    My local gamestop is super high pressure for those preorders is honestly the worst thing I can actually say. Could be worse.

But their business model as a company is actually for real repugnant.

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    Sucks for anyone losing their jobs but yeah it couldn't have happened to a more deserving company.

Oh I assure you the people who will be hurt by the closures will not be any of the people who are actually responsible for the company's bad policies

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Mine just asks if I want to preorder anything but otherwise leaves you alone

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I've never been particularly hassled by anyone at Gamestop but man, those 'used game' prices are fucking absurd

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Mine just asks if I want to preorder anything but otherwise leaves you alone

Unfortunately those people are under threat of losing their jobs then, because the company requires them to hit specific used percentages or be let go:

http://kotaku.com/new-gamestop-program-leads-employees-to-lie-to-customer-1791874332

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I expect gamestop to eventually make a shift into being a hobby shop that sells games on the side

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Yeah the one I usually go to is pretty alright.

Boy when I have to go to a different one it's night and day though.

On the one hand, GameStop sucks. On the other, ready access to piles of cheap ass used games is basically the only reason I could play videogames in some years of my life.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    excuse me are we talking about the sam raining Spider-Man movies
    Git Emmmmm
    Uriel wrote: »
    Maybe, and bear with me hear...

Videogame retail stores shouldn't be also pawn shops?

Kids just need to save their allowance for four months and have their mom drive them to seedy pawn shop for their copy of final fantasy 6 like I did

• Options
    I've been living the digital life for a while but I kind of want to get back into the cheapassgamer lifestyle cause damn is it cheaper

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i wonder how much local competition has to do with it too

cuz the local gamestops are all right next to like, walmarts, who are going to sell basically everything they could claim to have with the exception of funko pops

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Hell, Target sells Funko Pops now

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »

sure but they don't have a funko pop wall you know

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Not yet.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    It really must be different here in Canada. I've been in many Gamestops and never have I seen or experienced anything objectionable.

I get offered warranties like I do in every electronics store, and if I mention looking forward to a game they ask if I want to pre-order. That's it.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I walked into a GameStop one time and started playing the Guitar Hero display and a few minutes later everyone like, ran out of the store and the employees made me leave and it wasn't until like five hours later I found out that I had walked into an armed robbery and obliviously became a hostage until the gunmen fled the store out the back.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    The last time I shopped at a Gamestop was when they tried to sell me a "new game" opened and without the manual at full price.

Nope, I'm done. I'll just go to target or best buy where the game I'm looking for will be in stock with no hassle, or order it 20% off through prime (though if persona doesn't get here next tuesday I won't do that again either).

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I walked into a GameStop one time and started playing the Guitar Hero display and a few minutes later everyone like, ran out of the store and the employees made me leave and it wasn't until like five hours later I found out that I had walked into an armed robbery and obliviously became a hostage until the gunmen fled the store out the back.

Sorry for the awesome but this is hilarious.

• Options
    The last time I shopped at a Gamestop was when they tried to sell me a "new game" opened and without the manual at full price.

Nope, I'm done. I'll just go to target or best buy where the game I'm looking for will be in stock with no hassle, or order it 20% off through prime (though if persona doesn't get here next tuesday I won't do that again either).

what's a manual

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular

Sorry for the awesome but this is hilarious.

Oh, no worries. It's one of the funniest things to have happened around me and I love telling that story.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

what's a manual

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freestyle_skateboarding_tricks#Manual

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    POG is actually Passion fruit, Orange, Guava. It originated in Hawaii, which is how I know about it because I was born there and my mother lived there for a while previously so she would buy it all the time even when we eventually went to live other places. Those cardboard disc things were created as a promotional item for the drink, glass bottles weren't in use any more at that point.

And now I really want some POG but there's none at the grocery store near me so thanks, Power Rangers.

That's what I get for not refreshing the knowledge base makes since elementary school.

I "learned" it because A POG SELLER CAME TO SCHOOL DURING GYM, INVITED BY THE SCHOOL.

POGs are no Spin-Jammer, I'll tell ya that for sure.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    This episode of the 538 spin off podcast about how African Americans relationship with dna ancestory tracking vs how Native Americans view it is real good

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Is it weird I've followed Giant Bomb since like late 2008/2009 but have never watched the Persona 4 ER?

• Options
    Did anyone else have Market Day at their school?

What the hell was that about

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Is it weird I've followed Giant Bomb since like late 2008/2009 but have never watched the Persona 4 ER?

Nah. I mean, it's real good, but they've got a lot of good stuff on that site, so it's not like it's their one big thing.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

it doesn't really do it for me either, I guess it's either not for me or you had to be there

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I get why they stopped making manuals but I really do mourn their death

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Sparks

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

sure but they don't have a funko pop wall you know
    They actually kinda do

There's a whole wall of Funko Brand shit with the bottom half being pops

I know this because I bought...3 of them the last two trips to Target

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

what's a manual

not much what's a manual with you

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

I actually just started watching it.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    my parents are moving house and chucking out a whole lot of things and i managed to dig out the old Crimson Skies manual and god damn that thing is charming as hell

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I just watched 2 Fast 2 Furious and I think the best thing I have to say about that movie is that it has almost as many crashed cop cars as Blues Brothers. It was entertaining but pretty dumb. Also, I think I would pay money for all the Vinny commentary tracks? I love him pointing out shit about the production of the movie, this one was especially good as he realized how attracted to Tyrese Gibson he was while also discovering new heights of mentally checking out of a movie.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    my parents are moving house and chucking out a whole lot of things and i managed to dig out the old Crimson Skies manual and god damn that thing is charming as hell

I wish I still had the Crimson Skies novel I found at a thrift shop like a decade ago. Like every game back then it had a novel, but instead of being a novelization it was a short story collection telling stories in other parts of the US. It was real fun!

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Haleakala Dairy of Maui sold a mixed fruit drink in a glass bottle with a cap under the brand name of POG. In 1955, Haleakala discontinued using the glass containers, but continued making the caps to allow the game to be played.

POGs are older than my parents :eek:

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

This discussion has been closed.