As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mass Effect Andromeda: Pathfinder, I've detected a thread that you can post in

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    for gods sake pb, we're on an ice planet / planet filled with toxic wildlife / planet with no atmosphere, maybe it's time to go for the layered look!

You're not my dad

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I'm just glad we can make our team always have their helmets on while on planets.

WHY IS THERE EVEN AN OPTION NOT TO IN SOME OF THE CLIMATES?

Either way... helmets always unless on the damn ship and that's an ORDER!

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    I feel like people are now preferring the me3 cover system just because they got used to it's horrible jankiness. Remember all those times you were trying to run in a straight line and got sucked sideways into a wall? Or the game deciding what you meant wasn't "leave cover" but instead "jump over cover right at them." Or how if you were playing mobile you couldn't afford to stick onto a wall as you're peeking enemies, you had to just stand really near a wall manually use it for cover as you sidestep back and force?

The ME:A Andromeda cover system is totally better. It's just new and we're not conditioned to it yet.

I never got magically sucked into unintended cover once in me3. I did do the hop over the rail thing occasionally, but not nearly as often as I run up to cover and just stand there getting shot in andromeda.

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    Okay this is super confusing

A bunch of stuff (the Barrier power, the Vanguard profile) have effects of reducing shield cost for biotic powers to activate

except, so far as I can tell... none of the Biotic powers actually cost your shield to activate anymore?

Nova doesn't blow out your shield anymore, it's just a normal power now with a cooldown. Annihilation doesn't cost shields, it just has a recharge penalty.

Like, am I missing something? Where is this biotic power that is somehow a shield slurpee that Vanguard and Barrier can spec to reduce the penalty on?

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I am kinda bummed that the only people on your ship are the named dudes. I miss the generic crew members from the Normandy. They made the ship feel more alive.

I actually kind of like that you know everyone on your crew. It's really a pretty small ship, with a small crew. It's not really a warship. But that makes it feel like more of a tight-knit crew, you know the name of everyone you walk by.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I'm just glad we can make our team always have their helmets on while on planets.

I always set to default them off.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Enter Captain Salaria
    CapSal.jpg

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

Well I hope you remember this conversation when you land on a planet and your party's heads explode!

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

A bunch of stuff (the Barrier power, the Vanguard profile) have effects of reducing shield cost for biotic powers to activate

except, so far as I can tell... none of the Biotic powers actually cost your shield to activate anymore?

Nova doesn't blow out your shield anymore, it's just a normal power now with a cooldown. Annihilation doesn't cost shields, it just has a recharge penalty.

Like, am I missing something? Where is this biotic power that is somehow a shield slurpee that Vanguard and Barrier can spec to reduce the penalty on?

You can spec powers to cost shields in some trees.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

Well I hope you remember this conversation when you land on a planet and your party's heads explode!

Space Magic!

The whole environment hazard thing is weird

I'm having to just not think too much about it as a game mechanic because like

Cold Hazard Level 2 is -50 C

You're telling me that full environmental body armor can't handle that indefinitely? In the Milky Way, Shepard and Co. literally walked on the fucking Moon (where temperatures swing between -150 to 200 C depending on if you are in the shade or in direct sunlight) in that armor.

Maybe if Peebee wore a god damn SHIRT this would be a non-issue.

Rainfall wrote: »

which ones!

I can't find them I am a dumb dumb

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Space is cold but also empty. It having a low temperature doesn't matter if there are no particles to transfer heat.

Being in a place with an atmosphere it matters more. And if you encounter liquids it gets bad fast.

Still the main cause is probably "The Initiative sucks at prep"

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    edited March 2017
    Rainfall wrote: »

which ones!

I can't find them I am a dumb dumb

Lance, I think Nova as well.

Rainfall on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular

You're telling me that full environmental body armor can't handle that indefinitely? In the Milky Way, Shepard and Co. literally walked on the fucking Moon (where temperatures swing between -150 to 200 C depending on if you are in the shade or in direct sunlight) in that armor.

I mentally think of that planet as SpaceEdmonton.

Oats wrote: »

I mentally think of that planet as SpaceEdmonton.

Yeah, it absolutely is.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Man my strike teams have the same success rates as X-Com.

Five missions in a row that were 80% chance of success and they all fail.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Question on strike teams. Items that increase effectiveness, has anyone tried them and if so can you tell me how much they increase the success rate by?

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Space is cold but also empty. It having a low temperature doesn't matter if there are no particles to transfer heat.

Being in a place with an atmosphere it matters more. And if you encounter liquids it gets bad fast.

Still the main cause is probably "The Initiative sucks at prep"

There's a science fiction story set on like, Charon or something where it's super cold, but the spacesuits have big radiator fins on them to shed excess body heat because there's no atmosphere.

But there's also pools of like, liquid helium or methane or something and if you accidentally step in one it climbs up your suit for some reason i don't remember, surface tension or something. And if it makes it to the radiators, the heat causes it to instantly evaporate which allows more to climb up, which evaporates, etc. and basically flash freezes you.

steam_sig.png
    Man my strike teams have the same success rates as X-Com.

Five missions in a row that were 80% chance of success and they all fail.

I've only had one failure so far and that was on a silver 55% i think, and i didn't get a negative trait from it.

It's me, I'm the one stealing all your luck.

steam_sig.png
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    Question on strike teams. Items that increase effectiveness, has anyone tried them and if so can you tell me how much they increase the success rate by?

And do they consume the item? Because I'm never going to spend currency that could go to real MP permanent rewards on a temporary item.

steam_sig.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I love that there is a dumb mod for the Nomad that just lets you turn off traction control and drift around like a doofus

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I love that there is a dumb mod for the Nomad that just lets you turn off traction control and drift around like a doofus

Holy shit... I need this... so i can be RUNNIN IN THE 90s!!!!!!!!!!

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    One effect I really do like is the frost that instantly forms on the Nomad and on your environmental suits as you drive around the ice cube planet.

(And on Peebee's exposed midriff)

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    The emails characters send you have some weird timing (like the email from Suvi, sitting two feet away, talking about how great our 30-seconds-ago conversation was), but man are they delightful. Drack expressing his condolences via 37 low-res, watermarked pictures of guns is... So very good.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I'm actually very impressed with Drack

He walks the thin line between feeling Very Krogan without coming across as a Wrex knock-off brilliantly.

CYpGAPn.png
    The emails characters send you have some weird timing (like the email from Suvi, sitting two feet away, talking about how great our 30-seconds-ago conversation was), but man are they delightful. Drack expressing his condolences via 37 low-res, watermarked pictures of guns is... So very good.

Two of which are duplicates

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    The Mass Effect gameplay designers really need to be slapped and told "No more instant kills."

It's really fucking frustrating. Normal is pretty fun except for those instances.

... Is there any fall damage in this?

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/RRLPVxKJVhY
    This is all I can think about whenever I use the galaxy map

6F32U1X.png
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Trophy Spoiler
    Vanguard Surprise is a good name for the Cloak + Charge combo.

I don't think so, but I've found at least one place where if you jump down instead of taking the long way down it treats you as having fallen out bounds and ports you back up.
    Story spoilz
    after fixing the atmosphere at eos i fast traveled to the outpost site since I'd already found it. I jumped off the cliff to help drack but it wouldn't let me stay down there, even if i tapped my jets or hovered above the ground.

steam_sig.png
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular

Yes?

I have taken falling damage, and I have been warped back to the top of a cliff with some of my health lopped off, but I don't know what the difference between the two is.

Related note; Nomad no do water good.

[IMG][/img]
    edited March 2017
    oh no i'm doing the MMO busywork and not minding it

my brain knows it's a complete mess and here I am still doing it

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
    if it's a "Task" I will ignore it unless it is literally right next to me

if it's a "Task" I will ignore it unless it is literally right next to me

Unless it involves finding new booze for Vortex. Even if the reward is nonexistent, it's the principle of the thing.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I'm actually very impressed with Drack

He walks the thin line between feeling Very Krogan without coming across as a Wrex knock-off brilliantly.

Drack feels very chill and more...playful, I guess, than Wrex was. Dude's been around for a long-ass time, so he takes shit less seriously; which means he's more comfortable being a bit jokey with you.

He's a good old man.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    They're all good Krogan, Stolts.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    Bad Grandpa Drack and Team Mom Vetra are amazing.

Jaal is alright, I ran around with him a bit today. I really hate how abruptly dialogue will switch off as you move though.

I'm not used to Jaal's voice yet

I'll just be out and about and then have to madly search for where the hell Mr. Belvedere came from and oh, it's Jaal again

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.