As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Southpaw Regional [chat] is the coolest ever

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    so the seller has 7 days to respond to my inspection fix request thingy

i think they are going to take all 7 days

what buttholes just get this over with

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Oh? Is Comey on the Good Guys list or the Bad Guys list today?

Comey appears to be on team Comey at all times.

3gkg6njg4lcl.jpg

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Oh? Is Comey on the Good Guys list or the Bad Guys list today?

I can't comment on that.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    How are things, BeNarwhal? I was gone for the whole weekend so I'm behind on news. Are you still unwelcome in/boycotting Nargirl's house?

The fun part of being only mostly insane is that you hold all the cards when dealing with full-blown insane people.

I have not yet returned, but Nargirl spent the weekend at my place, and I have since received apologies from the rest of her family for "speaking without thinking".

Which goes to further endorse the one rule I live by: Never speak.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Yeah Comey is on Team Comey which right now maybe intersects with Team good guys because Comey is in intelligence and Trump has kinda been trying to say we don't need Intelligence

Ludious on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Comey is basically every shitty character in television shows that betrays/helps the good guys depending on the story requirements

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    to be fair trump made it pretty far without intelligence

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    to be fair trump made it pretty far without intelligence

ayyyyyyy

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    But also I ran out of my meds unexpectedly over the weekend (aside from my Xanax and my sleep med), so, in an effort to preserve my sanity until I could pick up more meds this morning, I spent most of the weekend fading in and out of sleep.

So it was okay.

I'm actually pretty proud of that solution. I mean, dumb to forget to renew my prescriptions. But as temporary self-preservation goes, functionally entering stasis isn't the worst idea I've ever had!

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Comey is permanently on my shitlist, if only because anything he says that implies they knew stuff about Trump and Russia before the election infuriates me even more, despite whatever good it may do to talk about it now.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Were I writing this fiction, he will betray Trump in exchange for Pence making him VP, at which point he drops the bombshell secret gay stuff in Pence's past that makes pence resign in disgrace, at which point comey sits upon the iron throne.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    I wonder if Comey and Roger's assistants are sitting in a room together watching the hearing tallying GLOMAR responses for a betting pool

GLOMAR?

https://nsarchive.wordpress.com/2014/02/11/neither-confirm-nor-deny-the-history-of-the-glomar-response-and-the-glomar-explorer/

It's when spooks say they can neither confirm nor deny something (usually because an investigation is ongoing or it would endanger national security)

Or because they just feel like it.

Sure when it comes to shit they don't want anyone to know about, ever. Seeing as Trump has been actively undermining our intelligence agencies, I just think they don't want their investigation fucked with. Seeing as they've been telegraphing without saying that the Trump campaign prolly did some heinous shit.

My worry is that it'll just not lead to anything constructive, the investigation I mean. And in that case there won't be a clear enough record to use constructively either - due to the fact that people are idiots.

Like that tweet quoting "Russians engaged in a campaign to undermine our democracy to hurt one of the candidates and help the other candidate." is still not good enough because millions will use the 0.1% ambiguity to reinforce their beliefs. That is the way it is now, it has no hope of any effect unless it is 100% crystal clear. Even then it will have limited effect because these people just don't care to change their outlook.

Unless the investigation leads anywhere they need to just say Russia aided Trump and hurt Clinton straight out. That would be usable to some degree at least.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    Were I writing this fiction, he will betray Trump in exchange for Pence making him VP, at which point he drops the bombshell secret gay stuff in Pence's past that makes pence resign in disgrace, at which point comey sits upon the iron throne.

and then he is impeached by his own cabinet and we end up with president ryan

double twist!

• Options
    I wonder if Comey and Roger's assistants are sitting in a room together watching the hearing tallying GLOMAR responses for a betting pool

GLOMAR?

https://nsarchive.wordpress.com/2014/02/11/neither-confirm-nor-deny-the-history-of-the-glomar-response-and-the-glomar-explorer/

It's when spooks say they can neither confirm nor deny something (usually because an investigation is ongoing or it would endanger national security)

Sure when it comes to shit they don't want anyone to know about, ever. Seeing as Trump has been actively undermining our intelligence agencies, I just think they don't want their investigation fucked with. Seeing as they've been telegraphing without saying that the Trump campaign prolly did some heinous shit.

My worry is that it'll just not lead to anything constructive, the investigation I mean. And in that case there won't be a clear enough record to use constructively either - due to the fact that people are idiots.

Like that tweet quoting "Russians engaged in a campaign to undermine our democracy to hurt one of the candidates and help the other candidate." is still not good enough because millions will use the 0.1% ambiguity to reinforce their beliefs. That is the way it is now, it has no hope of any effect unless it is 100% crystal clear. Even then it will have limited effect because these people just don't care to change their outlook.

Unless the investigation leads anywhere they need to just say Russia aided Trump and hurt Clinton straight out. That would be usable to some degree at least.

It took two years from the outbreak of Watergate until Nixon faced Impeachment. Marathon not Sprint

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

GLOMAR?

It took two years from the outbreak of Watergate until Nixon faced Impeachment. Marathon not Sprint

I keep being surprised about that and forgetting about that several times per week it seems.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I recently discovered that I know someone who doesn't drink tap water because of the fluoride. Yes this person was a Trump voter.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Lud how's your ACLU stuff going? I'm hoping having a constructive outlet for your demons can't be a bad thing.

• Options
    Comey is alright. One of the top 5 FBI directors in the modern era.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    I loled

spoiled because politics
    xUJGS7T.jpg

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »

I mean, which two are worse, is basically what I get from this answer.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular

Out of a field of how many?

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

you're not bad yourself elki. top 5 active d&d mod.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    I have decided that many of Microsoft's products and install processes are actual war crimes

Oh is that fresh Win 7 install done already? Great, this machine will be back up and running in no ti-Installing update 14 of 472.

Why Microsoft doesn't do sub-service pack level releases that act as aggregators of all that shit is beyond me.

Windows 10.1.0, 10.1.2, 10.1.3, etc.

not that I have a preference for systems like this or anything... but outside of corporate AD bullshit where they need to control the rollout of each patch, there is absolutely no reason for the way they do it now, and no reason that the consumers need to suffer through it. Period.

uh just have friends who work at microsoft

then when you need to install windows you don't need to jump through a million hoops to get an image even with your legit key

they just grab you the latest build bam easy

it's like the stonecutters from The simpsons

"Here's the URL that gets you the real Windows Updates"

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yes guys this is the joke he was making.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

he ranks a perfect 5/7

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    milski wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    ME:A multi. I wants it.

I waa watching some MP footage yesterday and everything looked pretty bullet spongy?

Pretty sure that was true in ME:3 as well but I've ueard that class combos and getting not-starter gear are both more important this time around.

Things are really bullet spongy. It seems to be a whole lot about setting up detonation combos with other players.

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    so the seller has 7 days to respond to my inspection fix request thingy

i think they are going to take all 7 days

what buttholes just get this over with

when my nephew finally paid off our judgement the guy waited until literally the last fucking hour he legally had to submit the satisfaction of judgement

• Options
    I have decided that many of Microsoft's products and install processes are actual war crimes

Oh is that fresh Win 7 install done already? Great, this machine will be back up and running in no ti-Installing update 14 of 472.

Why Microsoft doesn't do sub-service pack level releases that act as aggregators of all that shit is beyond me.

not that I have a preference for systems like this or anything... but outside of corporate AD bullshit where they need to control the rollout of each patch, there is absolutely no reason for the way they do it now, and no reason that the consumers need to suffer through it. Period.

then when you need to install windows you don't need to jump through a million hoops to get an image even with your legit key

who controls the british crown
    who keeps the metric system down

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

Classic Simpsons is so fucking good

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Lud how's your ACLU stuff going? I'm hoping having a constructive outlet for your demons can't be a bad thing.

I just created some tweets, a few instagram images, and some facebook stuff for the R.O.O.T.S. exhibit that's about to tour MS
    http://sunflowercountysystemschange.com/theroots

The ACLU of MS and SCSC basically are trying to change the narrative of young black men in the poverty stricken MS delta so had 19 young men take part in this program.

Next I do the same stuff for the Know Your Rights classes and then Trans Awareness day.

I already sent the ROOTS stuff off to the ACLU of MS and they were very pleased with it.

It's nice to be -doing something-

Ludious on
  • Options

you're not bad yourself elki. top 5 active d&d mod.

It's an honor just to be nominated.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    milski wrote: »
    ME:A multi. I wants it.

I waa watching some MP footage yesterday and everything looked pretty bullet spongy?

Pretty sure that was true in ME:3 as well but I've ueard that class combos and getting not-starter gear are both more important this time around.

Things are really bullet spongy. It seems to be a whole lot about setting up detonation combos with other players.

Combos, guns, focus fire. I'm sure as people get the better guns/get used to playing classes, you'll see things be easier. I basically carried a Bronze match as an asari adept at level 10 with some rank 4 guns.

Early on its more important people pick multi classes that mesh with each other, instead of just picking whatever class they want.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Can confirm, red pepper hummus is better than regular hummus.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    So I have been making a concerted effort since pax to slim down. So far, success. Now I've made a grossly high calorie white trash casserile for a work event and I didn't (and won't) have a single bite.

*sweats, sips water*

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Who holds back the electric car?
    Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?

qhw0ferki61p.jpg

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

I posted this yesterday! Slowspool is slow

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    So I have been making a concerted effort since pax to slim down. So far, success. Now I've made a grossly high calorie white trash casserile for a work event and I didn't (and won't) have a single bite.

*sweats, sips water*

Self control I don't have.

This discussion has been closed.