As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect: Andromeda] Sara's out and Scott free; tag your spoilers.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Ugh so the tactical cloak rank 6 option that gives you 2 extra seconds before decloaking doesn't start the cooldown until after the 2 seconds. It also seems to increase the cooldown overall somehow? Might be bugged.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    Ugh so the tactical cloak rank 6 option that gives you 2 extra seconds before decloaking doesn't start the cooldown until after the 2 seconds. It also seems to increase the cooldown overall somehow? Might be bugged.

Well that answers my question about cloak...Escape Artist it is for rank 6.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    You can increase your inventory limit in game..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    You can increase your inventory limit in game..

By 15 for a cryo perk unlock. That is really fucking light.

I hate the inventory thing. Like, the stuff you can carry with you around the planet? Sure, fine, limit that. The fact that you can only carry 50 items in your fucking spaceship annoys the shit out of me. Especially with the way stores don't actually stock all items and all that.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    OK I specced into Charge and I'm sold (on normal). This is a lot more fun than cover-based shooting! I made a shotgun that shoots explosive plasma pellets which complements it nicely, but does anyone have suggestions as to weapons and powers to go along with this?

Backlash seems great for those moments when you're in the thick of combat and charge is on cd (though vanguard melee shield drain might make that unnecessary?)

Tactical Cloak is a great get-out-of-nope free card, but speccing into another skill branch seems inefficient early on.

Singularity lets me set up nice combos with charge (though I'm still not entirely clear what combos do) but is on a long cd and only seems to set up combos with enemies I can squish with Charge on its own.

I've not tried Nova, Annihilation or Lance, what are the general thoughts about these? And what do I do about shields and armour except just shooting?

• Options
    Huggles wrote: »
    OK I specced into Charge and I'm sold (on normal). This is a lot more fun than cover-based shooting! I made a shotgun that shoots explosive plasma pellets which complements it nicely, but does anyone have suggestions as to weapons and powers to go along with this?

Backlash seems great for those moments when you're in the thick of combat and charge is on cd (though vanguard melee shield drain might make that unnecessary?)

Tactical Cloak is a great get-out-of-nope free card, but speccing into another skill branch seems inefficient early on.

Singularity lets me set up nice combos with charge (though I'm still not entirely clear what combos do) but is on a long cd and only seems to set up combos with enemies I can squish with Charge on its own.

I've not tried Nova, Annihilation or Lance, what are the general thoughts about these? And what do I do about shields and armour except just shooting?

Combos cause explosions that do damage and tend to stun all the stuff around. I'm not sure why everybody likes Singularity for priming. Pull is on a much shorter CD, can be curved and works great with Charge.

Annihilation is pretty swank for MP but you need to be very close to prime with it and it increases cooldowns on all your other powers (like Charge). It can be fun times but has some trade offs.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    All you need is Charge and Nova.

And a shotgun.

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    'Thanks for the warm welcome...get it, its an ice breaker, because of all the ice. Nevermind its probably a translation error, hi!'

Ryder is such a goofball.

• Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    The multiplayer is prrretty great but man does it suck when you either disconnect or get a game crash and get nothing at all, there needs to be score saving system after each wave for this.

That aside, I was having a great time with it, I do really need to find a better gun because I can't get over 250 kills at the end of it because I only get assists.

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Ravelle wrote: »
    The multiplayer is prrretty great but man does it suck when you either disconnect or get a game crash and get nothing at all, there needs to be score saving system after each wave for this.

That aside, I was having a great time with it, I do really need to find a better gun because I can't get over 250 kills at the end of it because I only get assists.

For MP starting out I'd basically ignore gun selection, they're just there to use while your powers are on cool down. Pick whatever keeps your cooldowns at 100%. Play a class that can cause combos and focus on that. You won't have leveled guns starting out but you don't need 10 cards to make your powers good, just XP and that's way easier to get.
    Dhalphir wrote: »

And a shotgun.

I've been going with Pull/Charge/Backlash and been pretty happy so far, things are usually shotgun/melee-able after the pull/charge so Nova feels like overkill.

The shotgun goes without saying of course.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    So, after eos I did
    voeld, and then, when the planet was at 100% viability I had an encounter
    with an architect. I killed it, but because it was 4 am Friday night I missed the item it dropped... What did I miss? Haven't played much after that, should I just kill that thing again?

From what I saw on a stream, it spawns a container, so might still be there if you re-load and return to the same location. It worked for said streamer, though they did not leave the game, just fast-traveled.

Can you tell me in spoilers what was in the container?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options

For MP starting out I'd basically ignore gun selection, they're just there to use while your powers are on cool down. Pick whatever keeps your cooldowns at 100%. Play a class that can cause combos and focus on that. You won't have leveled guns starting out but you don't need 10 cards to make your powers good, just XP and that's way easier to get.

And a shotgun.

I've been going with Pull/Charge/Backlash and been pretty happy so far, things are usually shotgun/melee-able after the pull/charge so Nova feels like overkill.

The shotgun goes without saying of course.

I'm currently rolling with a Asari Sentinel, she has throw and a biotic shield but I can't combo those sadly.

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Finally, after a ridiculous amount of delays.

Hold my beer, I'm goin' in.

sig.gif
  • Options
    If you get the chance to ask Kallo what he thinks about the others, do so
    he starts whispering "well I can't talk about Suvi, she's right there.. to which she replies "I'm not listening.."

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I now have a Widow and an Isharray. And a Carnifex. (Yes. All at the same time.) These guns shall fight for the privilege of being turned into a plasma-seeking-explosive-bolt shooting death lance.

It may be an Isharray by default, since it has 3 aug slots at rank 2, and that means I can use both of those and the +2 mod slot aug, because gamebreaking sniper rifles are fucking hilarious.

dporowski on
  • Options

I'm currently rolling with a Asari Sentinel, she has throw and a biotic shield but I can't combo those sadly. [/quote]

Yea, until you level Energy Drain up to 5 you're going to be dependent on weapons for the bulk of your damage. I think it's sort of a shitty design choice that the obvious "starter" class, Soldier, is probably the most dependent upon good gear to be effective. It is definitely why I started on a power focused class (Asari Adept) for the first to level up so I had a good way to earn credits.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Anything in the salvage category is safe to sell to the first vendor you come across right?

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    It's funny how in this game Adept is basically just Vanguard but better.

Run Annihilation with radius and shield restore, Lance powered by shields, and Charge. Have the Barrier trait for shield restore on kill. Charge into the enemy and just lance dudes point blank and cause giant chain reaction explosions due to Biotic Echoes from Adept. Never run out of shields because of all the death and carnage being hoovered up by annihilation and Barrier. Fights are usually over in 10 seconds or less and after every fight I find enemy corpses are thrown into the corners of the room and the ceiling from all the biotic explosions.

Who even uses guns

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    I think i said i liked the dhan last night.

This is incorrect, the gun i have is the ruzad.

I like the ruzad a ton. It does the fuckoff damage of the claymore.

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I really need to sink some time into the Single Player if I'm ever going to read most of this thread, but the MP remains addictive to me. However, it's really hard to stick to just one class, which makes getting out of Bronze games tough. I think I've decided to run the Asari Adept as my main for a bit, since she's the truth and the light. However, I'm really torn on Spec. Annihilation and Offensive Biotics is a given, and her defensive passive also has a lot going for it. So it's a toss up between Throw and Lance.

Throw has an evolution that does more Combo damage, which seems extremely useful since every time I use throw it's a combo. But Lance can have it's cooldown removed to eat shields, which can mean turbo damage. But with the likely difficulty of Gold, I'd be worried about combo damage scaling down, or also you really not wanting powers that eat your shields.

I'm hoping once the game has been around a bit more, there will be more spec discussions, since most of what I find on MP is in the theoretical rather than practical experience realm.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    It took people a long time and a lot of new weaponry to move away from power classes, it'll be the same time this go around.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Sara Ryder, ready for service.
    Q3uoaBa.jpg

sig.gif
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    My Ryder: https://masseffectarchives.com/#user/2284455285/playthrough/582951908/gender/female
    loYh8bI.jpg

IUHMGgD.jpg

Way I see it, she's probably a dorky enough fan of female Shepard to dye her own hair red (and do a pretty shitty job of it)

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    It took people a long time and a lot of new weaponry to move away from power classes, it'll be the same time this go around.

Well, if by a lot of new weaponry you mean Vanquisher 1.

Seriously it took me from struggling in bronze to effortlessly stomping silvers.

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Didn't combo damage use to scale up on Gold, by virtue of being somewhat proportional to the target's health? I vaguely remember that the proportionality was nerfed at some point because it was too good initially. But even after that, the asari huntress's dark channel + warp combo would nearly one shot Brutes and take a big chunk out of a Banshee on Gold.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Hmm...the memory fragments remind me a lot of the memory spheres from FFX. And I liked those.

• Options

Seriously it took me from struggling in bronze to effortlessly stomping silvers.

I meant in ME3.

• Options

But my cooldowns!

I really wish the mobile app showed your recharge percentage.

Also wasn't trash for spending skill points.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Hmm...the memory fragments remind me a lot of the memory spheres from FFX. And I liked those.

There is a lot of stuff from other games I really liked.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Is there a way to disable the tilde console and windows key? I keep hitting them by accident either causing me to die or the game to alt tab and crash on me. Got robbed of my points again because of it. :(

Ravelle on
    D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Is there a way to disable the tilde console and windows key? I keep hitting them by accident either causing me to die or the game to alt tab and crash on me. :(

For a smallish hit in performance, you can go full screen windowed and then alt-tabs don't cause any problem at all. I'm alt-tabbed right now! (well, okay, I'm not, but I will be very soon).

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Is there any way to respec?

• Options
    Apparently there's a med bay somewhere on the Tempest that'll let you do it? Yeah I still haven't found it yet either.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Apparently there's a med bay somewhere on the Tempest that'll let you do it? Yeah I still haven't found it yet either.

There's a map marker.

• Options
    Is there a way to disable the tilde console and windows key? I keep hitting them by accident either causing me to die or the game to alt tab and crash on me. :(

For a smallish hit in performance, you can go full screen windowed and then alt-tabs don't cause any problem at all. I'm alt-tabbed right now! (well, okay, I'm not, but I will be very soon).

I have a 1440p monitor and changed my resolution to 1080 to get a stable framerate, if I change it to windows mode it switches back to my 1440p resolution. ;p

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

The medbay is on the lower level, off the same hallway that leads to your quarters. It's closer to the Nomad/garage part. The respec button is on the skeletal holographic scan, seen here:

MassEffectAndromedaTrial-2017-03-17-01-49-39-776.jpg

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Too bad I can never play multiplayer ever again, you guys.

ohvruv2ya3fa.png

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Sorry if this was already posted, saw this over on Gaf and thought it was intresting enough to share here.

Jonathan Cooper is currently with Naughty Dog and worked on ME1 and 2.

Xg7JG5Q.png

Csl3drh.png

WF4Tjps.png

2dbDe1T.png

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    Horizon Zero Dawn's approach is fundamentally different: they had mocap credits for the major characters in the game. These are characters that had enough motion capture they hired someone to do mo-cap just for that character! At the same time, it's a much smaller game: you talk to fewer people, there is one fixed Aloy, both in face and in character; the world changes due to Aloy's decisions, but for the most part, Aloy makes the decisions, not you. There's significantly less interactive dialog than a game like ME:A (though they do a pretty damned good job with the ambient dialog). As a consequence they spent a lot of time on the dialog they do have, especially for the cinematic areas. The smaller sidequests clearly don't get the same TLC, and there especially the lipsyncing and voice acting goes as flat as Andromeda's.

And to be honest, even HZD's lip-syncing still looks off in most places. It's not an easy problem to solve.

Rad thread from an insider you've got there.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    I'm so glad I didn't pay attention to almost any of the reviews*. This game is great, and I'm having a shit ton of fun playing it, even if my character's facial expression reaction to tragedies seems to always be mild bemusement.

*Feel free to not pay attention to this upcoming review

This discussion has been closed.