As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Guardians, Report in for Pax Arcadia Legacy Run (p. 73)! Sequel revealed!

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    So apparently Gamestop in Germany is taking preorders for Destiny 2 on PC... https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/61f59m/destiny_2_pc_preorder_placeholder_popped_up_on/

also lmao at the placeholder logo they made:
    E6ob6A0.png

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Yeah a number of fairly credible rumor mill sources have been saying PC version will be a thing. I honestly expect it. Porting from PS4/Xbone to PC is fairly simply this gen and Bungie is a company out to make money so it is a bit of a no brainer.

If a PC version is a thing I will certainly be getting that version of D2. I wouldn't be too worried about PC version losing out on any (or maybe too many) console exclusives. As someone else mentioned before there are plenty of precedents pointing to it not being a problem and I think Sony/Microsoft are more concerned with what the other guy is getting and less concerned with what ends up on the PC version of a multiplatform game. Plus dropping new content and patches on the PC version would involve far less (read: zero) hoops to jump through than on consoles.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Yeah a number of fairly credible rumor mill sources have been saying PC version will be a thing. I honestly expect it. Porting from PS4/Xbone to PC is fairly simply this gen and Bungie is a company out to make money so it is a bit of a no brainer.

I think people should be reeeeeaaaally cautious of the PC port. Even if it's super easy to drag your Destiny 2 files onto a PC and call it a port, Bungie has a tough time with balance. Balancing for KBaM could be an absolute nightmare for them.

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    nevermind the PC having an enormous attack surface...

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I'm curious to see what the patch notes say about the AR buffs...

...I like AR's

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    0.04% buff.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    They said something vague about range, didn't they? Less damage fall off?

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    0.04% range increase.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Oh man it's so exciting to come back from sea and see all these new changes coming. Fuck yeah. You xbros still trialsing on the weekends?! I'm fucking ready for some trials in my life again.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Am I in No Man's Land? Level 20 strikes reward gear only up to 245. Siva normal strikes require LL 320. Soooo . . . How do I get from 280 to 320?

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Am I in No Man's Land? Level 20 strikes reward gear only up to 245. Siva normal strikes require LL 320. Soooo . . . How do I get from 280 to 320?

You should probably do the campaigns to get yourself up to level 40.. unless you don't have those expansions, which would be.. awkward. I mostly recall getting to the 300+ range naturally.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Team Sunday Best has had a momentous morning. We are now Team Verbal Fellatio.

That is all. <3

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I wonder who would come up with such a crude expression...

Sirialis on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I wonder if I should come back for this Age of Triumph thing.

I still haven't even done WOTM.

I really just wonder how difficult it would be to get the new book filled and get another shirt.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    I dont think this book is meant to get filled completely by anyone other than the 0.0000001%

I mean, going Flawless is also among the things to fill out, having all(?) ships and Sparrows as well I think.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Oh really I hadn't even looked into it!

That sucks. I wanted a dang shirt.

Oh well at least I got the one from Taken King! I need to uh, find it though. I misplaced it.

Then again it would still be fun to do some of the old raids again. Too bad I'm not close enough to max light to try.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Well, it sounds like you can get most rewards (maybe all?) for filling a decent chunk of the book, so dont give up yet.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Technically you don't need to do everything in the book to "complete" it. Lighthouse is one of seven bubbles on the Trials page to fill out, but you only need to do six.

What is your light level? The raids are 390, so if you can reach ~385, you'll be fine.

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Oh really I hadn't even looked into it!

That sucks. I wanted a dang shirt.

Oh well at least I got the one from Taken King! I need to uh, find it though. I misplaced it.

Then again it would still be fun to do some of the old raids again. Too bad I'm not close enough to max light to try.

Supposedly you only need to have about 75% of the book filled in order to get the shirt. And if you've been playing for a while, you'll automatically have quite a bit of the book filled right away. I think it will be entirely doable to get yourself another shirt.

Beside, have you seen how totally rad the new armor sets are?

• Options
    It's uncertain how much of the book you'll need to complete to get all the rewards, but it's definitely not 100%.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    Arteen wrote: »
    Technically you don't need to do everything in the book to "complete" it. Lighthouse is one of seven bubbles on the Trials page to fill out, but you only need to do six.

What is your light level? The raids are 390, so if you can reach ~385, you'll be fine.

Ah ok. I'm at 368 currently I think? It might be tough to get up there.

• Options
    I got those feedback fences from Xur, I'm pretty sure this is my new favorite dumb exotic.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I got those feedback fences from Xur, I'm pretty sure this is my new favorite dumb exotic.

I hope D2's "dumb" exotics have a more defined "wacky PvE" niche to them, rather than be an almost entirely aesthetic choice.

• Options
    Hey, these have some PvP utility at least. When you're in really close people reflexively melee, I got two kills in my first match just from that. I look forward to more of the same tonight.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    To be fair a lot of the wackier effects have to be reigned in to make not insanely OP in PvP. Stuff like Twilight Garry or Bones of Eąö change player behaviours and the skillgap widens. Bungie is too afraid to make any one ability or exotic be truly fun to use becuase of how hard it would be to balance it all. For instance, The Master perk on NLB grants bonus dmg on your next hit after a headshot. In my mind, the dmg should be enough to OHKO the body- or at least down to say, 50 health on a bodyshot. But in game it only adds ~20 more dmg points to either bodyshot or headshot. It's just sorts pointless and situational that it never feels like a 'perk' of the gun.
    IMO i wish we could see how things would go if they decided to give us more fun and powerful abilities in Destiny 2. I think the change from Nightfall to Daybreak shows they know we like a challenge but not at the expense of our toolset. Nobody liked Trickle and Exposure because we want to toss supers and feel strong, not struggle against the games seemingly arbitrary modifiers.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »

I hope D2's "dumb" exotics have a more defined "wacky PvE" niche to them, rather than be an almost entirely aesthetic choice.

It'd be nice if D2 had a transmog system like Diablo 3/WoW.

I'd love to not look like a clownsuit because I want solid perks on my gear.

And I'll be back online for some Age of Triumph... after playing Titanfall 2 for a bit, the lag in Destiny pvp was just too frustrating so I put it down for a while. It'll be nice to see some of the new PVE stuff in a couple days.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    To be fair a lot of the wackier effects have to be reigned in to make not insanely OP in PvP. Stuff like Twilight Garry or Bones of Eąö change player behaviours and the skillgap widens. Bungie is too afraid to make any one ability or exotic be truly fun to use becuase of how hard it would be to balance it all. For instance, The Master perk on NLB grants bonus dmg on your next hit after a headshot. In my mind, the dmg should be enough to OHKO the body- or at least down to say, 50 health on a bodyshot. But in game it only adds ~20 more dmg points to either bodyshot or headshot. It's just sorts pointless and situational that it never feels like a 'perk' of the gun.
    IMO i wish we could see how things would go if they decided to give us more fun and powerful abilities in Destiny 2. I think the change from Nightfall to Daybreak shows they know we like a challenge but not at the expense of our toolset. Nobody liked Trickle and Exposure because we want to toss supers and feel strong, not struggle against the games seemingly arbitrary modifiers.

Make upgrade nodes have different colors or shapes depending on if they apply only in Crucible, PvE, or both.

Bam. Then they can go wild and have insane nodes that don't affect Crucible. Or maybe even have nodes that are specifically made for Crucible!

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I like the idea of 'Mission' and 'Combat' gearsets. Mission stuff could be PvE specific and Combat for PvP. You can wear those sets in each activity but their perks are only active in their specificed mode.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »
    Team Sunday Best has had a momentous morning. We are now Team Verbal Fellatio.

That is all. <3

Ugh, I knew I shouldn't have slept in...

• Options
    Just played the best two matches of my life, second one was a 14/1 mercy Rift match with my first 10 kill streak. I feel like king shit of fuck mountain, PvP is great.

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    "King shit of fuck mountain" is immediately going into my lexicon. In heavy rotation.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    "King shit of fuck mountain" is immediately going into my lexicon. In heavy rotation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOKXguty5Do

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Just came back to the game after having not played since murdering The Taken King. Mailbox is full of things called Sterling Treasures that I have no idea if I should burn through, the new story missions were hella disappointing, and vendor gear seems to only go up to 350.

There a tldr site anywhere to read up on what to focus on?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Just came back to the game after having not played since murdering The Taken King. Mailbox is full of things called Sterling Treasures that I have no idea if I should burn through, the new story missions were hella disappointing, and vendor gear seems to only go up to 350.

There a tldr site anywhere to read up on what to focus on?

The infographic below is a little dated, but is still mostly correct and should give you a good idea of what activities to work on based on your level. Tomorrow there's going to be a big update that will change a few things, notably that Challenge of Elders and all of the old Raids (Vault of Glass, Crota's End, and King's Fall) will drop gear up to 400LL. Also in the update, doing the Weekly Heroic Strike, Weekly Crucible, and Weekly Story Mission playlists will award Treasure Chests full of cool stuff (mostly just cosmetic items, but they're fun to collect).

I would suggest first, just work through any quests you still have, as they award big chunks of XP and occasionally even quest-specific gear. Then, look at the chart and do whatever is most fun based on your current level. I'm assuming from your post that you're at or near 350, so running Strike playlists is probably your best bet. Strikes give you tons of engrams you can use for infusion.

Spoiler'd because of hugeness:
    x2gdsotqcpoy.jpg

awsimo on
  • Options
    Anybody want to make predictions on how much of the new record book they'll have completed just for logging in tomorrow?

My personal guesses (I'm using this thread on reddit to make my predictions):

Page 2: Commemoration = 8/8
    Page 3: Story = 8/8
    Page 4: Titan's Will = 1/8
    Page 5: Hunter's Way = 2/8
    Page 6: Warlock's Path = 1/8
    Page 7: Strikes = 0/8
    Page 8: Crucible = 0/8
    Page 9: Raids = 0/8
    Page 10: Collections = 5/8
    Page 11: Wanderer = 4/8
    Page 12: Allegiances = 6/8
    Page 13: Trials of Osiris = 1/8
    TOTAL = 36 / 96

I think the Story page will be retroactive, but we'll likely all be doing the weekly story playlist for the new quest from the Speaker anyway.

I expect to fully complete pages 5, 7, 9, 11, and 12 before Destiny 2
    I can possibly complete pages 4, 6, 8, and 10 before Destiny 2 (stupid sub-class PvP quest chains...)
    Unless something crazy happens, I won't finish page 13

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I think I'll be a tad higher, since I've completed all of the subclass quests. I had to go into DIM and count my shaders, emblems, ships, and sparrows, but assuming my finger math is correct, I think I'll have the Collections page done.

Page 2: Commemoration = 8/8
    Page 3: Story = 8/8
    Page 4: Titan's Will = 2/8
    Page 5: Hunter's Way = 2/8
    Page 6: Warlock's Path = 2/8
    Page 7: Strikes = 0/8
    Page 8: Crucible = 1/8
    Page 9: Raids = 0/8
    Page 10: Collections = 8/8
    Page 11: Wanderer = 4/8
    Page 12: Allegiances = 6/8
    Page 13: Trials of Osiris = 0/8
    TOTAL = 41 / 96 (~43%)

awsimo on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Unfortunately, I am busy tomorrow evening and won't be able to get on Destiny to pal around on the PS4. I'll have to put some time in on Wednesday to catch up with everyone.

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    I'll be leaving work at 4:15pm tomorrow to get started on this, hopefully challenge modes will be figured out by then.

Will be around all night and through most of Wed. before working 4 straight days... uuuuuuuuuuuuugh

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I am utterly shocked at this completely unexpected turn of events.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
This discussion has been closed.