As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Joined date- question

JasconiusJasconius sword criminalmad onlineRegistered User regular
This has been on my mind for a while. I'm just wondering why almost everyone who registered prior to 2003, has had their join date year pushed up to 2003.

Database error? I know for a fact I had joined in 2002.

It's not really a big deal. Just wondering what happened.

Jasconius on

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Because the forums went KABOOM.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    DioretsaDioretsa Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    You don't remember the forums going down... then we all had to re-register on February 20th last year. The people who have older join dates were in Club PA, and their accounts were saved through the downtime.

Dioretsa on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Dioretsa wrote:
    You don't remember the forums going down... then we all had to re-register on February 20th last year. The people who have older join dates were in Club PA, and their accounts were saved through the downtime.

No they weren't. They merely had their old join dates re-instated.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    pheezer wrote:
    Dioretsa wrote:

I was about to say... it would be pretty weird if Jasconius didn't remember re-registering.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Paladin wrote:
    pheezer wrote:
    Dioretsa wrote:

I was about to say... it would be pretty weird if Jasconius didn't remember re-registering.

He probably lost track of when that whole thing actually happened, either assuming it was earlier in 2002 or in 2001.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I dont remember re-registering... I'm pretty sure.

I do go away for really long amounts of time during the summer with little or no internet. So it probably all happened then.

Jasconius on