As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

cheese and crackers

TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey,

I'm suppose to put together a "cheese and cracker" plate for work. I have no idea what kind of stuff to get. Something simple for like 20 people. Do I just get Cheddar, Swiss, and that half 'n half stuff?

TyrantCow on

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You could just go to Safeway or whatever your local equivalent is and buy one. That's the easy way to do it.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    rockmonkeyrockmonkey Little RockRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah I'd go with hitting up wal-mart or brookshires or whatever it is you have and buying a decent sized pre-made one. If you REALLY wanted to make your own I'd go a variety of crackers and a couple different cheese balls. Also maybe some type of cheese spread in a jar for those with nut allergies and keep it completely separate because most cheese balls I've encountered seem to have nuts on the outside.

rockmonkey on
    NEWrockzomb80.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    ritz_topems.jpg

They are awesome.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Pssh... this "safeway" you speak of had some nasty lookin' Hormel thing...
    Perhaps if I did not need this by the end of the night, I would have time to order something somewhere...

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dude, you should be able to buy a cheese platter anywhere.

But if you live on Bizarro-world where you have to make your own cheese platter, here's what you do. Go to the supermarket, buy five different kinds of cheese. Four in blocks (chedder, swiss, pepperjack, and muenster should work fine) and one soft (brie is good). Buy lots of crackers, Ritz, Wheat Thins, table crackers, basically anything that's unflavored and looks good. Also pick up a couple apples.

When you get home, take a big serving plate. Open the soft cheese and put it in the center of the plate. Slice the apples and dice the block cheese into half-inch cubes. Arrange the apple slices around the soft cheese. Arrange the cubes in four quadrants around the apple slices. Around the outside, arrange a circle of crackers. Cover the whole thing with plastic wrap and take it with you. Take the boxes of crackers with you because you'll always need more crackers.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.