As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Les Phalles? Send me Char PMs.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »
    titmouse wrote: »
    I knew I was a monster before outing myself.

I would hope so. It would take stupidity of Rygar proportions to out yourself as a monster when you're not.

I'm a monster. The PM said I was Godzilla, I think.

Godzilla_Goes_To_Paris0037.jpg

VishNub on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So there aren't really traditional seers/guardians/etc. What reason was there that any les mis would join a faction, or was there a hint in the pm I missed?

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Okay, guys. I am going to bed. In the morning, I will check this thread. I can easily make small changes by collecting PMs, shuffling them (probably get rid of one faction, change up specials slightly), and then making people's roles more clear. That we've barely started helps. Please, please do not delete your character PMs.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    titmouse wrote: »
    I knew I was a monster before outing myself.

I would hope so. It would take stupidity of Rygar proportions to out yourself as a monster when you're not.

I'm a monster. The PM said I was Godzilla, I think.

Godzilla_Goes_To_Paris0037.jpg

Correct. If I live to the end, I eschew my Human skin and crush France with a few crushing steps.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    So the best plan for the village would be to start evenly jailing faction members then?

I still think them joining a faction and then destroying the other factions would work better. However, it probably won't happen. I agree that evenly jailing the faction members would be a good idea.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I told people not to. I figured that naming the things would make it clear what they were supposed to be. I even capitalized them for gods sakes. If we do this again, I'm probably just going to make it three factions.

Well if you told them not to...

Fuck em. Play on.

VishNub on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Honestly?

It's about as fucked up as a revolution.

It is, however, a game more suited for WB (I know they hold Phallas, but not what they're actually like), since it requires a participation that is not driven based on rules, and not necessarily a joygasm.

I mean, I'm having and will have a blast, but I think participation may be low and limited to, "Alright, finally, a bandwagon-- !join it in the last hour before tally" for most people.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Okay, guys. I am going to bed. In the morning, I will check this thread. I can easily make small changes by collecting PMs, shuffling them (probably get rid of one faction, change up specials slightly), and then making people's roles more clear. That we've barely started helps. Please, please do not delete your character PMs.

Maybe edit the title to reflect that we're going to restart?

VishNub on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    How are the factions supposed to get people to join their side without outing themselves if they are supposed to be getting hunted down?

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    gundam470 wrote: »
    How are the factions supposed to get people to join their side without outing themselves if they are supposed to be getting hunted down?

Hence the problem, and the restart. The joining mechanism is going to be abused, and therefore removed. Therefore people who outed themselves prior to knowing that got dicked over.

VishNub on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Some factions will be downed. That's just how it's supposed to play out. It's a revolution-- only one faction can win, whether it be political, the incumbent, or the detached and miserable masses.

But, since it would come down to a popularity contest rooted in flavor and how convincing people can be outside of the rules of a game, like I said-- more of a Writer's Block game than a D&D one, imo.

EDIT t Vish-- all that your version does, however, is create a Mafia game with four different Mafias. The factions, then, become powerless without getting vigilante kills. And heck, if we want to give them vigilante kills, it's just a Mafia game with four factions and a village.

Not that I'm against it-- it's much more traditional than what this currently is, I suppose. I just was looking forward to a game that I didn't have to restrain myself in. Normally, I can't speak my mind, and I can't have fun, and I can't play smart because doing so just gets me shot by vigilantes.

It was nice to be free of that, but I can understand the need to return to it.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think restarting is a good idea, both for the mechanic removal, and for the poor people who revealed themselves.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Eh, I liked it. It offers more role play and dropping hints of who you were aligned with rather than voting record tells me this ____.

Oboro and I must have been the same faction, right?

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I promise to reveal my faction again tomorrow.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I honestly didn't think we were bad guys. The OP says don't reveal your names and it also say that the factions were trying to win freedom for the people.

So i figured the royals were the only bad guys, and there were some special win mechanics in place for the factions. Like the faction with the most members once the royals are killed get to be the ones to install themselves in government or something.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I honestly didn't think we were bad guys. The OP says don't reveal your names and it also say that the factions were trying to win freedom for the people.

So i figured the royals were the only bad guys, and there were some special win mechanics in place for the factions. Like the faction with the most members once the royals are killed get to be the ones to install themselves in government or something.

No, the factions pretty much hate each other.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    "The goal of the for factions is to gain dominance over the other three."

Does that mean eliminate them or what?

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think we should restart with more rule clarifications.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    "The goal of the for factions is to gain dominance over the other three."

Does that mean eliminate them or what?
    Yes, or to convert them to your own faction.

It's a coup, people-- a revolution.

Use common sense.

EDIT t all-- as the game stands, guys, there are not really any rules. This is where the confusion is coming from. This is not traditional Mafia. This is-- or was, as it may turn out to be-- a game of politics.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Right, i figured that much. But in terms of the villagers, i thought their only goal was to kill royals while the factions jostled for position at the same time.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    EDIT t all-- as the game stands, guys, there are not really any rules. This is where the confusion is coming from. This is not traditional Mafia. This is-- or was, as it may turn out to be-- a game of politics.

I think there are rules, they just haven't been clarified.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Right, i figured that much. But in terms of the villagers, i thought their only goal was to kill royals while the factions jostled for position at the same time.

Just fyi, during the reign of terror, more people of the Third Estate (that is, normal citizens) were killed than First or Second.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

There are rules, yes, which are fuzzy.

That does not take away from the fact you can use your Common Sense Apparatus to solve most of the problems people are having, i.e.,

it's a revolution. A lot of people want to take power, but in the end, only one of those factions can.

Everything else is just a clarification on the means. What most people are misunderstanding is the ends, because the ends for most of us is whatever we make it out to be.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Okay, we are apparently starting again. Send me your character PMs.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

That does not take away from the fact you can use your Common Sense Apparatus to solve most of the problems people are having, i.e.,

it's a revolution. A lot of people want to take power, but in the end, only one of those factions can.

Everything else is just a clarification on the means. What most people are misunderstanding is the ends, because the ends for most of us is whatever we make it out to be.
    I think maybe you should stop acting like you are the GM here? Maybe?

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I think maybe you should stop acting like you are the GM here? Maybe?
    I didn't mean to piss on the parade of anyone, I'm just sad that the game will likely undergo revision that will kill the parts of it I am most fond of.
    Oboro wrote:
    EDIT t Vish-- all that your version does, however, is create a Mafia game with four different Mafias. The factions, then, become powerless without getting vigilante kills. And heck, if we want to give them vigilante kills, it's just a Mafia game with four factions and a village.

Not that I'm against it-- it's much more traditional than what this currently is, I suppose. I just was looking forward to a game that I didn't have to restrain myself in. Normally, I can't speak my mind, and I can't have fun, and I can't play smart because doing so just gets me shot by vigilantes.

It was nice to be free of that, but I can understand the need to return to it.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So the first time in Phalla history I get to play a monster is also the first time in Phalla history that the game is restarted.

I-I think I'm going to cry.

Cantide on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    The thing is, Oboro seems to have the clearest idea of what I was trying to do. I'm going to tweak it slightly to help you guys, but beyond a certain point, you're On Your Own, as it were.

Not to piss on anyone, I just loved the in character stuff. In character gets bonus points.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Cantide wrote: »
    So the first time in Phalla history I get to play a monster is also the first time in Phalla history that the game is restarted.

I-I think I'm going to cry.

You were probably on my team...it cuts deep.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I was someone from the play! Eponine! I'm not really sure if I had a power or not, but I probably did because the name was in the wikipedia! I've never been a good special before. :(

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    fencing

fudge the PMs for me this time

i want to remain a female character <.>

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Aww, I thought I would be dead in Paranoia Phalla so I can focus on this game instead.

Oh well, time to throw out more accusations over there.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2007
    I vote Vishnub for Jail because he is clearly still obessed with my death 7 phallas later. Seriously, if you wanted to kill me, you should have joined the Phalliad when everyone was voting for me , instead of going to cry in your little corner. This isn't the kind of thinking that will allow us to establish our republic.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Damn, this *is* a trainwreck. :P

I vote Rygar because he didn't bother reading the thread.

PM sent, FS.

Aldo on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    Damn, this *is* a trainwreck. :P

I vote Rygar because he didn't bother reading the thread.

PM sent, FS.

I Pmed him, I just felt like addressing the core issue.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Fencing, when you restart, add a clear and concise listing of factions and objectives in the OP. The little info we have is buried in flavor text at the moment, which does not help make it clear.

Elendil on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I was someone from the play! Eponine! I'm not really sure if I had a power or not, but I probably did because the name was in the wikipedia! I've never been a good special before. :(

I was Cosette, a main character on the wikipedia page too.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »

I was Cosette, a main character on the wikipedia page too.
    I was Jean Valjean.

We totally have a network going right now.

Elendil on
  • Options
    frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Man who thought the phallanoia game was going to be the less crazy one

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    PM sent back as requested.

Ardor on
This discussion has been closed.