As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ghost Rider: The Road To Damnation

Tucanwarrior13Tucanwarrior13 Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Graphic Violence
This is one of my FAVORITE Ghost Rider Series. Actually I'm brave enough to say that this is one of my FAVORITE books ever. This six part series alone was enough to get this biggest Ghost Rider Anti-Fan into Ghost Rider. I'm being redundant so I'll stop.

Anyways. Ya, Art is beautiful and the storyline gets pretty crazy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tucanwarrior13 on

• Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This is one of my FAVORITE Ghost Rider Series. Actually I'm brave enough to say that this is one of my FAVORITE books ever. This six part series alone was enough to get this biggest Ghost Rider Anti-Fan into Ghost Rider. I'm being redundant so I'll stop.

Anyways. Ya, Art is beautiful and the storyline gets pretty crazy.

Sorry, have to disagree with you on this one. I thought the first issue had promise, but then it just got worse and worse for me. Great art though. But yeah, that was it.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I liked it. The art was good. I don't really like how Ghost Rider spoke, using slang and all, but that's probably just me.

I just wish Ghost Rider got more respect/better writers. I don't even know if he has an ongoing right now.

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It was great. Ennis really wrote better supporting characters. Look at this, and tell me if you think Way did a better job.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Tucanwarrior13Tucanwarrior13 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I liked it. The art was good. I don't really like how Ghost Rider spoke, using slang and all, but that's probably just me.

I just wish Ghost Rider got more respect/better writers. I don't even know if he has an ongoing right now.

Ya, a REALLY good one at that.

Tucanwarrior13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ghost Rider is pretty awful.

Garth Ennis is one of my favorite writers and even he can't salvage the character as far as I'm concerned.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I agree, Road to Damnation was great. Mostly because of the supporting characters, which were pretty awesome, and the art was fantastic too.

Honestly, it's a good writer who can make you root for the obese texas demon rather then the hottie angel.

Trail of Tears is pretty good too.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ghost Rider was more of a supporting character in this mini. And more then that nothing seemed to happen.

Bloods End on
    edited May 2007
    Sentry wrote: »
    I agree, Road to Damnation was great. Mostly because of the supporting characters, which were pretty awesome, and the art was fantastic too.

Honestly, it's a good writer who can make you root for the obese texas demon rather then the hottie angel.

Trail of Tears is pretty good too.

Agreed. Towards the end of RtD you're almost rooting for hell (not bad take over the world hell...umm...good hell...).

Tucanwarrior13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I love Ghost Rider and loved this book, but like others I felt that it fell apart in the last 2 issues or so. Introduced some great characters (like Hoss. Hope he shows up again). But I've seen this whole Heaven/Hell with one lone man caught in between thing before, and it's called Spawn.

Great art though. Glad they brought the artist back for Trail of Tears, which so far is kicking ass.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
    edited May 2007
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I love Ghost Rider and loved this book, but like others I felt that it fell apart in the last 2 issues or so. Introduced some great characters (like Hoss. Hope he shows up again). But I've seen this whole Heaven/Hell with one lone man caught in between thing before, and it's called Spawn.

Great art though. Glad they brought the artist back for Trail of Tears, which so far is kicking ass.

Or Constantine

Tucanwarrior13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, but he never seems as clueless or overwhelmed as Spawn does. And as Ghostie did in this series.

New Trail of Tears today. Solid awesome.
    Totally didn't see this twist coming with the Klan assholes coming back as demons. Hopefully things heat up next issue even more, instead of this becoming a typical super-power slugfest.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Golden Yak wrote: »

Yeah but Ghost Rider has a pretty damn good (if unnoticed) history going for him. So even if the current incarnation of Blaze as Ghost Rider seems to be lacking, it's still better than Spawn because Spawn sucked from the get-go.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited May 2007
    Oh I agree. His history didn't go unnoticed by me, I've been waiting for a new Ghost Rider series for a while. I admit I liked the Ketch-GR better, cuz he always seemed to have it together. Also, cooler bike. But this new series has been good for a laugh so far.

I wish they'd used Mephisto instead of Lucifer, though. Haven't seen Mephisto for a while...

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    OK - I know nothing about Ghostrider... Aside from I just assumed that he was one of thse ideas that might have seemed pretty cool and edgy in the 80's, but didnt age well.

Here's where I went wrong. I just watched the absolute camp-fest of the a movie that came out.

I feel that it was SO bad, I should actually give the character a chance... Any GR stories anyone can suggest that could change my mind?

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Fallingman wrote: »
    OK - I know nothing about Ghostrider... Aside from I just assumed that he was one of thse ideas that might have seemed pretty cool and edgy in the 80's, but didnt age well.

Here's where I went wrong. I just watched the absolute camp-fest of the a movie that came out.

I feel that it was SO bad, I should actually give the character a chance... Any GR stories anyone can suggest that could change my mind?

Try the title of this thread.

That movie was pretty damn bad... luckily my expectations were as low as they could possibly be, so I was able to still enjoy myself.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sentry wrote: »
    Fallingman wrote: »

Try the title of this thread.

That movie was pretty damn bad... luckily my expectations were as low as they could possibly be, so I was able to still enjoy myself.

This is the proper way to watch Ghost Rider

All I wanted him to do was do the Penance Stare on a guy and he did, so I left happy

The best part was when Ghost Riders in the Sky started playing

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET