As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

360 Save File Question

drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
When my brother bought a 360, I started a profile so I could play Dead Rising. I played quite a bit, beat it and was going through a second playthrough, when I decided to buy my own 360. Now, I have a Gold membership as well, linked to my profile.

The profile on my brother's 360 is a different name than my Gold membership one, and isn't on Live at all. Should I be able to rename my old profile, then take a 360 memory card and transfer the saves from my brother's to mine, and still have it link with my current Gold-enabled profile? I'd like to figure this out before I search around for a cheap memory card.

SCB.jpg
drhazard on

• BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm really not sure about this, but I think you can only transfer saves to one xbox to another, recover your live gamertag, and you should be able to have it work.I don't think you can just transfer your profile, just saves.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • FristleFristle Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    There's a piece of software for Windows called Xplorer360 for moving save files to and from Xbox360 hard disks. That is, if you don't mind opening that hard disk enclosure. If opening things bothers you, there's a device called the 360Sata you can purchase to connect a SATA cable to the drive enclosure itself.

Update: I think the above paragraph only applies if you want to transfer the save without the use of an Microsoft-approved Xbox 360 memory card.

However, Microsoft tries to prevent people from being able to swap save files between consoles, because it could enable people to get achievements they didn't earn. So there are multiple things they do to prevent save file transferring. That article also discusses the workarounds you might need to use.

Fristle on
    Fristle.jpg