As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moment of the week 5/2/07

FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understandingGNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
edited May 2007 in Graphic Violence

I don't think I need to say anything else.

Fencingsax on

• deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I haven't got any comics yet but I bet it'll be something in Astonishing.

deadonthestreet on
  • Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm gonna go with the Avengers Initiative book, when the former Nazi Super-Villain talks about being Hank Pym's greatest fan. It was nice to see an acknowledgement of how evil the pro-reg guys have been.

Adaemus1sf on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Adaemus1sf wrote: »
    I'm gonna go with the Avengers Initiative book, when the former Nazi Super-Villain talks about being Hank Pym's greatest fan. It was nice to see an acknowledgement of how evil the pro-reg guys have been.

Okay, you realize that most of his points were about how Pym acted long before CW, right? Ultron, etc.

mattharvest on
  • Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Adaemus1sf wrote: »

Okay, you realize that most of his points were about how Pym acted long before CW, right? Ultron, etc.
    Yup, but his favorite was the Thor clone.

Adaemus1sf on
  • Pantaley ShlopapaPantaley Shlopapa Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »

I nominate 52 #52 as best comic of the year.

Possibly ever.

Blue and Gold.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    spoiler it and tell me please!

Xaquin on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Note to self: when Nazis admire you for anything, and I mean ANYTHING, you really have to ask what the fuck you're doing with yourself.
    Yes, that's hyperbole, but still...

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited May 2007
    Xaquin wrote: »

Ted

There's really nothing I could say that would bring it justice. I don't have a scanner, so I'd greatly appreciate it if someone scanned it to share the best two pages in comics.

Although,
    the Bwahaha seemed a bit forced
    but that didn't make it any less sentimental.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    We require scans. Now.

Langly on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Runaways had a good scene with ninjas. I'll try and scan it later.

DarkPrimus on
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Xaquin wrote: »

There's really nothing I could say that would bring it justice. I don't have a scanner, so I'd greatly appreciate it if someone scanned it to share the best two pages in comics.

OK, here you go (taken from scans_daily):
    5252bg1qv0.jpg

5252bg2rf9.jpg

JoeUser on
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Perfect.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2007
    Same thing, just a bit bigger.
    YES.JPG

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    thankee kindly

Xaquin on
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    52 #52 is the only comic I've read so far this week.

It may be the only comic I need to read, in order to feel whole.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Runaways:
    Molly punching Punisher and then asked Nico if she can do an "I'm sorry" spell

smokmnky on
    edited May 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Note to self: when Nazis admire you for anything, and I mean ANYTHING, you really have to ask what the fuck you're doing with yourself.

This old joke again?

The Nazis loved trains that ran on time (and their legacy still exists in most European public transit systems), does that mean that we should hate to have on-time public transit?

Hitler idealized Jesus, does that make Christianity morally wrong? (not actually starting a religious debate here)

I could go on forever...just because someone awful likes you, or your ideas, doesn't mean you or your ideas are awful. To say otherwise is just the 'ad hominem' logical fallacy, and is completely without merit.

mattharvest on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

This old joke again?

The Nazis loved trains that ran on time (and their legacy still exists in most European public transit systems), does that mean that we should hate to have on-time public transit?

Hitler idealized Jesus, does that make Christianity morally wrong? (not actually starting a religious debate here)

I could go on forever...just because someone awful likes you, or your ideas, doesn't mean you or your ideas are awful. To say otherwise is just the 'ad hominem' logical fallacy, and is completely without merit.

You should probably read the spoiler.

I even bolded the important part.

The Muffin Man on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    This week was great. 52, Runaways.

Oh and,

LET THE WAR BEGIN

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I can see why they call you Captain Marvel

Fencingsax on
    edited May 2007
    Oh, and Hellboy: Darkness Calls. The art was fucking beautiful.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited May 2007

This old joke again?

I take it you didn't read the spoiler in my post. :roll:

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited May 2007
    Guys, WWH Prologue, the Mini-Marvels part. God damn, that was pure gold and filled with so much truth. So far, WWH is starting off on the right foot.

wwtMask on
    edited May 2007

This old joke again?

You should probably read the spoiler.

I even bolded the important part.

Oh I read it: it's never, ever, whatsoever, good reasoning at all to question the validity of a claim based on who said it. It's not hyperbole, it's just wrong, to resort to such an ad hominem judgment.

I know wwtMask was joking a little, but those sort of comments are problematic.

mattharvest on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It's at least a good idea to independently reexamine motives and methods.

Fencingsax on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    "38!
    44!
    52!
    Hut!
    Hut!
    Danny--

--Go long!"

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Quote'd, Lime'd, bold'd, italicidid, hueg'd.

Yeah, it had it all.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2007
    I can see why they call you Captain Marvel

It's like it was written for me

Garlic Bread on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Same thing, just a bit bigger.
    YES.JPG

This. A thousand times this.
    The sad thing is, every time I see Ted, no matter what book he's appearing in, it just makes me think, "Goddamit, and I'm stuck with Jaime, the Editorial Edict That Walks Like a Man." Still, it was nice seeing Booster say goodbye. Would have been even more nice to see him yank him out of the timestream, but this was okay too.

Munch on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

a wonderful ending to a wonderful series

long live the 52

Algertman on
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited May 2007
    moment of the week?

marvel zombies
    OH SHIT MY FUCK IT'S NEXTWAVE

rarely do I ever turn the page and express ''no fuckin' way'', you know, out loud

Whippy on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    moment of the week?

marvel zombies

rarely do I ever turn the page and express ''no fuckin' way'', you know, out loud
    Same here dude. That was so fucking awesome.

deadonthestreet on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    moment of the week?

marvel zombies

Same here dude. That was so fucking awesome.

Hell yea, that was pretty great.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Obviously 52 was amazing but I'm a little shocked at the lack of Astonishing love.
    The Scott/Emma stuff is pretty much the best their relationship has been written ever.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    52 was phenomenal. It was an awesome culmination of the whole series.

Being proven right with Initiative was pretty nice. Seriously, it's like watching a horrible episode of G.I. Joe where, instead of giving the kids a moral lesson at the end, they give them guns.

Gotta say though... the moment of the week for me was Deathstrokes motivation for starting the Teen Titans East. It felt a little forced... but I liked it.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
    edited May 2007
    skeetsmj2.jpg
    I've just got something in my eye :(

At least it ended happy!

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sentry wrote: »

Being proven right with Initiative was pretty nice. Seriously, it's like watching a horrible episode of G.I. Joe where, instead of giving the kids a moral lesson at the end, they give them guns.

Gotta say though... the moment of the week for me was Deathstrokes motivation for starting the Teen Titans East. It felt a little forced... but I liked it.

Are you still hating the comic the Initiative or just the institution itself? (Which we are supposed to hate)

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »

Are you still hating the comic the Initiative or just the institution itself? (Which we are supposed to hate)

Good question... I honestly don't know anymore. I enjoyed reading it... but for the same reason I enjoy watching Fox News. It just pisses me off... and for some reason I enjoy that.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2007

Yeah. It was kind of touching, kind of "what the fuck"

Garlic Bread on
    edited May 2007
    Keith wrote: »

Yeah. It was kind of touching, kind of "what the fuck"

What the fuck is wrong with Cass? I just wanted to smack her and shout "Conner's dead! Deal with it!"

Fencingsax on