As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

whoawaitwhat

• Options
    AmatsuuAmatsuu Registered User regular
    edited October 2004
    That is a pretty cool thing to do. Kudos.

Like I said, when in doubt fucking ignore it. Especially when its obivous they aren't going to leak info early/they are enjoying jacking your around. (in reference to my first post in this thread) :lol:

So, people with these things have some level of mod power?

How about I send you a dub or two and you make me an admin then? :P

Amatsuu on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    Amatsuu wrote:
    So, people with these things have some level of mod power?

How about I send you a dub or two and you make me an admin then? :P

No, they don't. They just belong to a club. Mod power isn't handed out so capriciously, despite the fact that it sometimes appear so. They did make me one though, so who knows, maybe someone will fuck up and give you a badge, right?

;)

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    pffft I have something better than mod power, or deputy power, or even regular forumer power. A one of a kind power.

but sadly it's locked up somewhere where no one has access :cry:

futility on
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2004
    any of you assholes who are excusing your bitchy elitism over at clubPA are fucking dumbasses. there is no damned excuse. yes, you guys did a very nice thing, but that doesn't excuse your fuckmuppetry in dealing with the whole mess
    i found out enough early on, but didn't feel right exposing it, since what you originally did was a very good dead.
    But Fuckin' A. your "we couldn't let anyone else in on the gift because they are the unwashed masses" crap is just that- bullshit.
    "Club PA is a very small, tight knit group"?! should it be? should we foster this damned elitism in these boards? the fact that the admins not only condoned this, but also participated and helped didn't make it any better; it only made it worse.
    save us your platitudes. what you did- giving books to young gabe- was great. your secrecy, exclusiveness and officially board sanctionedelitism (based on a forum that now noone can get into) was just plain bullshit. i can't believe you actually think you handled it well.

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited October 2004
    any of you assholes who are excusing your bitchy elitism over at clubPA are fucking dumbasses. there is no damned excuse. yes, you guys did a very nice thing, but that doesn't excuse your fuckmuppetry in dealing with the whole mess
    i found out enough early on, but didn't feel right exposing it, since what you originally did was a very good dead.
    But Fuckin' A. your "we couldn't let anyone else in on the gift because they are the unwashed masses" crap is just that- bullshit.
    "Club PA is a very small, tight knit group"?! should it be? should we foster this damned elitism in these boards? the fact that the admins not only condoned this, but also participated and helped didn't make it any better; it only made it worse.
    save us your platitudes. what you did- giving books to young gabe- was great. your secrecy, exclusiveness and officially board sanctionedelitism (based on a forum that now noone can get into) was just plain bullshit. i can't believe you actually think you handled it well.
    Mulysa, that's how the forum's been from the minute clubPA stopped accepting members. The very idea's elitist as a raffle: people who had enough gumption, luck, and faith got rewarded. That's how it is in capitalism, so it shouldn't be such a shock that it exists here. It was always in the background.

But if Gabe gave you a special, different thanks in the clubPA board, the least you could do to alleviate this would be to repost it here.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    if we invited you then we would have had to invite him. if we invited him then we'd have to invite them. if we invited them then...

we weren't never being elitist. we joked around as is the nature of the forums but never ever claimed to be better than anyone else. there might be this little thing in the corner of our posts, but some have these things under their avatars while others have limited posting abilities because of something they did. does that make any of them better though? no!

futility on
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    what the fuck! we paid money to join this thing (though really as I suspect a lot of us were paying to view extra comics and art) then the thing stopped. It's not our fault that you didn't pay. And don't say you didn't have the money, fuck I didn't have the money the first time I paid (something like $1). Gabe said he would have accepted ANY contributuion.

And if you joined latter, well then sorry you missed the boat, but again it's not anyone in particular's fault.

futility on
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    futility wrote:

we weren't never being elitist.
    have you even read this thread? or the comments people made whenever the cat in the hat was brought up? yes, it was a joke. but the joke was at the expense of everybody not in clubpa

MulysaSempronius on
  • Options
    bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004

Lame.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    futility wrote:
    And if you joined latter, well then sorry you missed the boat, but again it's not anyone in particular's fault.
    oh, so people should get rewards beased on joindate? that's not elitist..

and bonedaddy, i know you have no proper response. but goddamn, i held that in for a week.

MulysaSempronius on
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    futility wrote:
    oh, so people should get rewards beased on joindate? that's not elitist..

if that were true I'd be one of the kings of the forums. and hold on while i respond to your previous post in a second.

futility on
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    and bonedaddy, i know you have no proper response. but goddamn, i held that in for a week.

Also lame.

And no, susie, my honest, genuine response to your righteous outrage and indignation is an irresistable desire to say "Lame."

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    futility wrote:

we weren't never being elitist.
    have you even read this thread? or the comments people made whenever the cat in the hat was brought up? yes, it was a joke. but the joke was at the expense of everybody not in clubpa

yes i did read the theread. it goes like this.
    someone wrote:
    omg what are those cat things
    shhh it's a secret, you'll find out soon enough

ha ha ha what I don't see a cat

squabble squabble squabble
    omg you guys with the cats are shadow mods

no they aren't... or yes they are, they're shadow mods. ha ha ha. and i'm a shadow mod too

futility on
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    why the hell did you need the cat thing in the first place? it's not like you didn't have a clue that people would wonder what the hell it was. yes, posts like:
    Orthanc wrote:
    What's most amusing is that the whole shebang is only really exciting to those involved. We've just been entertaining your crap for the past week to amuse ourselves whilst our plans bear fruit.

Feel used? You should do.

It's been fun leading them on. Anyway, I'm off to ban Tube, gotta make the most of these shadowmod powers before the masses find out what it actually is.

were in jest and i realize none of you were trying to be cruel. but damn. i guess elitism comes so naturally you just don't see it for what it is.

MulysaSempronius on
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    bone daddy wrote:

Also lame.

And no, susie, my honest, genuine response to your righteous outrage and indignation is an irresistable desire to say "Lame."
    yeah, i know, looking down from the ivory mod tower must be hard work and all. try not to tax yourself

MulysaSempronius on
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    yeah, i know, looking down from the ivory mod tower must be hard work and all. try not to tax yourself
    This has much less to do with phallic dwellings and much more to do with a carefully conditioned response. Hell, susie, you might've even spawned a movement. I hear jaded disaffection is catching on.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    were in jest and i realize none of you were trying to be cruel. but damn. i guess elitism comes so naturally you just don't see it for what it is.

it's not elitism, if anything it's grandfathering.

futility on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited October 2004
    Uh, I kind of agree with Susie on this. I don't regret donating money (or rather getting someone to donate on behalf of meddle who would have been donating on my behalf if he had money because I won a bet with him. It's complicated), but the whole cat in the hat thing went too far. I didn't want to donate so that I'd get a reward, and all of a sudden I'm in the middle of a whole bunch of people clamouring to make fun of the normal forumers, and I'm uncomfortable with that. In fact I'm uncomfortable with the entire "So, I did something nice out of the goodness of my heart. Where's my reward?" affair. Anyway, I'm done. I've only had four hours sleep so that probably didn't make sense. I'm not mad and filled with mod rage or anything, I'm just a little dissapointed at the way some of you acted.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    um...the cat came after the donations. like after the money was all in. then someone (who shall remain nameless) said it'd be cool if the avatars changed right around the time the package was supposed to show up. the gun was maybe jumpped and the package took a bit longer in getting to it's destination.

if people paid for the cat, then that'd be fucked up. but the money came well before the cat idea

futility on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004

emo much?

It seems you're just being really wanting to be a part of a group of closely-knit people, and since they won't accept you right away, you think they are elitist pricks that treat everyone else as stupid idiots.

No, it doesn't work that way. Not even everyone in ClubPA got the cat, just the people that decided to get together to do this book thing. It wasn't set out to screw you all from 3 minutes of fame, it was done because a) we knew we could trust the organizers and b)that's how it just worked out. If you want ClubPA to open again, email Gabe and Tycho with a good reason for it.

Now you should go post at Technicae, TTB, and all the "elitist" groups that have come from the PA boards, and complain of their elitism.

Honestly, you people made a big deal over something really small. Unfortunately, we can't please everyone.

edit: clarification

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    I know. I was there, remember? It was still suggested though, it's not like Alpha just threw it out randomly. It was still used as an excuse to fuck with the populace.
    It seems you're just being really wanting to be a part of a group of closely-knit people, and since they won't accept you right away, they are elitist pricks that treat everyone else as stupid idiots.

Man, if you were in the same elitist club as me and Susie you'd realise how fucking hilarious what you just said is.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    dude whoa

does gabe even have access to clubPA?

Paladin on
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    eh. i've pretty much said all i can say.
    the books were a good idea, and i can see why, given it was to be a surprise, it was kept to a small group. i don't even have a quarrel withthe clubpa forum itself, since it was something that was special for patrons and i've heard there's something of a nice community going on up there, however inactive it might get. even if it is a tad elitsist- hey, there are tons of elitist things going on all over the place. as long as it doesn't leak onto the main boards.
    but the cat this and the active "lets be secretive fuckwads" thingwas a bit much. i kept these comments until it was over for a reason. i just hope that you guys seriously try to not pull this schtick again. it might be funny for you, but it just leaves everybody else out in the cold for no good reason.

MulysaSempronius on
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    there's so much secret shit going on here. but whatever.

edit: ahem

futility on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    eh. i've pretty much said all i can say.
    the books were a good idea, and i can see why, given it was to be a surprise, it was kept to a small group. i don't even have a quarrel withthe clubpa forum itself, since it was something that was special for patrons and i've heard there's something of a nice community going on up there, however inactive it might get. even if it is a tad elitsist- hey, there are tons of elitist things going on all over the place. as long as it doesn't leak onto the main boards.
    but the cat this and the active "lets be secretive fuckwads" thingwas a bit much. i kept these comments until it was over for a reason. i just hope that you guys seriously try to not pull this schtick again. it might be funny for you, but it just leaves everybody else out in the cold for no good reason.

You're going to find out in life that everyone is not going to tell you everything.

If we were truly being elitist, we'd have our avatars shine gold, with gold-plated "clubpa" badge that flashes on an off, and be able to edit all your posts.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2004
    Is this club PA still around?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    Elkamil wrote:

no we shut it down...

futility on
  • Options
    AjguyAjguy OhioRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    This is why I only post in the member forums most of the time. Just to reaffirm, this started as someone in the club forums saying "Gee, we should all get litle Gabe something." Someone else said Seuss books. I said here's my money, that sounds good to me. Next day, someone suggests the cat things. Hehe, that's kinda funny. Why not? People freaked out and now we have all this. It's almost like the post Gabe made the other day about the guy in that one forum about Child's Play. The good deed is undermined because people don't agree with the means to the end. Oh well.

I can understand where Susie comes from, but honestly people, it's an online message board. There are way more important things in the world. If it helps, pretend Clubpa went awat and we all wanted to ahng out together still and made our own forum and there is no cat.

Ajguy on
    Grim Fandango : Best... Game... Ever!
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    futility wrote:
    Elkamil wrote:

no we shut it down...
    I haven't read the whole thread.

I remember a long time ago when there was Club PA on the index, and then I remember Gabe saying that there would be no more donations and I didn't see it on the index anymore.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2004
    was the purpose of the cathat icon revealed somewhere in these 18 pages?

or should I still loathe.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    Man, if you were in the same elitist club as me and Susie you'd realise how fucking hilarious what you just said is.

Loose lips, Tube, loose lips.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    FyreWulff wrote:
    You're going to find out in life that everyone is not going to tell you everything.
    life's not fair- no fucking way! shit, i never knew that. damn. that means i must never question anybody about anything they do because we're all just capricious and cruel, with no control of ourselves or what we do.
    If we were truly being elitist, we'd have our avatars shine gold, with gold-plated "clubpa" badge that flashes on an off, and be able to edit all your posts.
    generally, clubpa, asides from it's existance, is not very elitist. which is why i've never made daily "open clubpa" threads or other such nonsense. but this was.

MulysaSempronius on
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    Ajguy wrote:
    The good deed is undermined because people don't agree with the means to the end. Oh well.

No, the good deed is undermined when some of the people who did it use it as an excuse to act like monumental pricks.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    Jasconius wrote:
    was the purpose of the cathat icon revealed somewhere in these 18 pages?

or should I read the main PA page.

Paladin on
  • Options
    AjguyAjguy OhioRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    No, the good deed is undermined when some of the people who did it use it as an excuse to act like monumental pricks.

Well, that too. But I don't recall anyone acting like a big prick until after everything was let out.

Ajguy on
    Grim Fandango : Best... Game... Ever!
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2004
    Uh, I kind of agree with Susie on this. I don't regret donating money (or rather getting someone to donate on behalf of meddle who would have been donating on my behalf if he had money because I won a bet with him. It's complicated), but the whole cat in the hat thing went too far. I didn't want to donate so that I'd get a reward, and all of a sudden I'm in the middle of a whole bunch of people clamouring to make fun of the normal forumers, and I'm uncomfortable with that. In fact I'm uncomfortable with the entire "So, I did something nice out of the goodness of my heart. Where's my reward?" affair. Anyway, I'm done. I've only had four hours sleep so that probably didn't make sense. I'm not mad and filled with mod rage or anything, I'm just a little dissapointed at the way some of you acted.

I'm gonna agree with this. The hats DID come around after I closed the deadline for donations, and as a result a few people totally missed out on making donations.

The hats caused some fun chaos, but they've become disruptive and maybe they should get ditched.

As to why this took place in a secret forum most of you can't access, well, it would be impossible to organize, keep quiet, and trust someone with all of the funds involved if we included all of the forums.

As to why there is a secret forum most of you can't access, it's really just because it was thought to be a mean thing to take it away just because PA stopped taking donations. After considering the way some of the members of Club PA have been acting, I'm thinking maybe it should be taken away.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    woah woah woah woah woah pheeeze. you don't throw the baby out with the bath water!

futility on
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    Ajguy wrote:
    If it helps, pretend Clubpa went away and we all wanted to hang out together still and made our own forum and there is no cat.
    oh, wait. are you suggesting if clubpa people want their own forum they should.. go make their own and not mess around on this one?

oh boy, now i'm arguing just to argue. you guys should heed my sig over in the leper colony: "i'm actually in a good mood, so just fuck off"
    i apologize to anybody who takes my rantings seriously. you're not bad people. but you handled this a little immaturely. and i couldn't stand seeing you pat yourselves on your back for that anymore.

MulysaSempronius on
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    pheezer wrote:
    As to why there is a secret forum most of you can't access, it's really just because it was thought to be a mean thing to take it away just because PA stopped taking donations.
    Heh. I always thought it was shut down.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    Elkamil wrote:
    pheezer wrote:
    As to why there is a secret forum most of you can't access, it's really just because it was thought to be a mean thing to take it away just because PA stopped taking donations.
    Heh. I always thought it was shut down.

it was. we just like to hang out in the msn chat room

I mean uh... aim?

futility on
This discussion has been closed.