As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Open GL Please! tick..tick...

NimaNima Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Okay, I have a project in for 9pm tomorrow, which I have, lets say, failed to start. As such.
This is because of a terrible lecturer, but okay, I'm not here to make excuses. I just plain don't know the material.

I have to make a vague sort of cube-robot in Open GL (I am using Microsoft Visual C++, quite an old version of the software), and move its arms and legs, and possibly put a pic of my face on it.
But, because of the terrible teaching, and I admit, my own reluctance to engage with programming, I don't know C++, or open GL.

Does anyone have any tips of where to start, or any good links to beginners tutorials?
I realise that I most likely wont be able to finish this in time, but I'm still going to give it a try and see what I can manage.

Nima on

• Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dude,
    Forget about it.

If you don't know C++, and you don't know Open GL, it simply isn't going to happen.

You can maybe try to get a cube appear on the screen using a basic Open GL tutorial. Google for some.

http://nehe.gamedev.net/ is the classic one.

Lewisham on
  • Options
    NimaNima Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Thanks for the link.
    I have to say I agree with you about my chances of producing anything! Oh well, retakes are allowed.

Nima on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    yeah, I'm sorry man but you're not going to get enough help to get anywhere on this without getting someone to practically do it for you and that's not what we're here for. The tutorials site already linked is going to be about as good as it gets for your purposes anyhow.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
This discussion has been closed.