As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Car loan is up... where is my title?!

ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
edited May 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Alright, so back in march, my car payment was completed (6 months early, woot!). I moved in the same timeframe, as well, so new apartment, car in my name, life is good.

Except, it seems that according to Ford, the title was sent to the old apartment. The old landlord insists that it has not been received (according to them, the only mail received for us was a magazine). Ford insists that it was sent, and that I have to go to the landlord to get the title.

Where do I go from here? Ford's being difficult, and the landlord is either being honest, or just more of a dick like before. Who do I contact?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
Shadowfire on

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I would go to the DMV and apply for a duplicate title.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • crakecrake Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Agreed. It's gone. Just start fresh. I bought a moped recently with no title and it was hella easy to get one for it. It's probably even easier if you previously had a title.

crake on
  • AurinAurin Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Feral wrote: »
    I would go to the DMV and apply for a duplicate title.

Ditto. I had the same problem with my bank when the car was paid off, but I made them go get the duplicate. >.> Whatever's easiest really, it shouldn't be hard to get a duplicate title from the DMV.

ALSO! Make sure that you let your insurance company know that your vehicle is no longer being paid for. As in, you own it now. Otherwise, if something happens, and you need to make a claim, they could be difficult and end up sending the money to your lienholder to pay for damages. Then things get all sorts of messy.

Aurin on
  • powersspowerss Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    ^^^ what the above said. Notify your insurance company ASAP. Very important.

Duplicate title FTW.

powerss on