As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ITT: Horrible Ways To Die

• Options
    Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    HAHAHAAA!!!

Man that one totally takes the cake. That guy had his limbs violently torn off and then it was just a race to the clock to see if his drifting torso bleed to death our drowned first. No matter what happened, his massive open wounds were filled with salt water.

haha, seriously, that's totally priceless. Its so bad it's hilarious.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    god Artreus why are you dumb

Raneados on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    HOW IS THAT A QUICK WAY TO GO

do you know what dismembered means?!?!?!

I read the full article. The best part about the whole thing is that the rest of his body exploded violently, killing him instantly. His limbs and what was left of him were what flew through the hatch.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byford_Dolphin

This was not slow. "Fragments of his body were found scattered about the rig. One part was even found lying on the rig’s derrick, 10 meters directly above the chambers. His death would almost certainly have been painless and instantaneous."

Edit: Also the hatch his remains exploded through was only open about 2 feet wide. Also rane you should be studying. gogogogogogo.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Artreus wrote: »
    HOW IS THAT A QUICK WAY TO GO

do you know what dismembered means?!?!?!

I read the full article. The best part about the whole thing is that the rest of his body exploded violently, killing him instantly. His limbs and what was left of him were what flew through the hatch.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byford_Dolphin

This was not slow.

Edit: Also the hatch his remains exploded through was only open about 2 feet wide.

okay that's better

but wow

ouch

Raneados on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    #pipe wrote: »
    if anyone wants reasons to not BASE jump, or feels like puking a little:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWiPR7vd0hk

D:

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited May 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I had to turn the sound off

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Fuck signing up for something that isn't going to bother me.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    and now to make me want to throw up even more, I'm about to embark in to KotoR2

I heard it was horrible, and I've seen it be horrible. BUT I NEED TO KNOW MYSELF

• Options
    edited May 2007
    It isn't horrible until the last twenty minutes.

However, the fact that the entire rest of the game was so great makes that twenty minutes of terrible that much worse.

Imagine eating a steak. It is the most delicious thing you have ever eaten, and you are fairly certain that you will never again encounter its equal.

Then you lift up the last bite and underneath is a a used band-aid with a bunch of blood and bits of scab still on it.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    OH SHORTY COME ON

WHAT THE HELL

Raneados on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Shorty wrote: »

However, the fact that the entire rest of the game was so great makes that twenty minutes of terrible that much worse.

Imagine eating a steak. It is the most delicious thing you have ever eaten, and you are fairly certain that you will never again encounter its equal.

Then you lift up the last bite and underneath is a a used band-aid with a bunch of blood and bits of scab still on it.
    I'd like to point out that the first half hour or so (at least until you get off that damned station) kind of suck too. Not in a hidden bloody bandaid steak kind of way, more like a fat chunk of gristle kind of way.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Moriarty wrote: »
    Moriarty wrote: »
    watching a drunk donkey try and eat figs off a tree

that sounds hilarious and totally un-deadly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unusual_deaths

shows what YOU know n****r

# 1601: Tycho Brahe, according to legend, died of complications resulting from a strained bladder at a banquet. It would have been extremely bad etiquette to leave the table before the meal was finished, so he stayed until he became fatally ill. This version of events has since been brought into question as other causes of death (murder by Johannes Kepler, suicide, and lead poisoning among others) have come to the fore.[11]

• Options
    edited May 2007
    OH SHORTY COME ON

WHAT THE HELL

What?

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    that's seriously gross.

• Options
    edited May 2007
    I suppose.

But then, that's kind of the point.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    fucking awesome, he's my new hero.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    207 BCE: Chrysippus, a Greek stoic philosopher, is believed to have died of laughter after watching his drunken donkey attempt to eat figs

This was referenced serveral pages ago. Keep up with the times teefs.

Don't hurt me D:

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Doesn't it seem odd that a supposed stoic died laughing?

I question that already.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dienekes wrote: »
    well it is bed time

the family is coming in tomorrow for graduation

good look with the final, rane

Hmm

You wouldn't happen to go to Wheaton would you?

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    On that list there's also a woman who worked for a local news station and shot herself in the head, live on the air.

It took Janet Jackson's titty to make sure we have a live feed delay.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • Options
    Tiger_ArmyGTRTiger_ArmyGTR Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dienekes wrote: »
    i suppose

i have not been to too many other places

all i know is daytona is the worst place ever and i am not a big fan of boston

You can always chill with me and/or Dynagrip here in houston...there are a few others but i can't think of who right now.

Tiger_ArmyGTR on
    Drunkenly pissing on a girl's work clothes is no path to a second date.
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Nice title

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Nice title

How nice of you to notice it.

Tiger_ArmyGTR on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I no rite

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I no rite

Nice um.....erection.

Hey.

Look there's no one else around. Would you like to...y'know... mess around or somethin'?

Tiger_ArmyGTR on
  • Options
    CarnivoreCarnivore Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Bendery wrote: »
    if anyone wants reasons to not BASE jump, or feels like puking a little:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWiPR7vd0hk

D:

D: indeed.

I once saw a video of a woman who fell like 100ft from a hot air balloon and survived. Looked horrible.

Carnivore on
    hihi.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I once saw a newscaster go bungee jumping to propose to his wife and go splat.

Wait no, that was Fresh Prince.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Kind of disturbing knowing this is a forum in which you can lurk and view the thread

I went and looked at the wikipedia list posted earlier some of deaths listed are quite funny others are not that strange
    Two of the ones for this year
    2007: James Richards, an American Veterinarian and expert on cats died in a motorcycle accident trying to avoid a cat that had run on the road
    2007: Jennifer Strange, a 28-year-old woman from Sacramento, died of water intoxication while trying to win a Nintendo Wii in a KDND 107.9 "The End" radio station's "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest, which involved drinking large quantities of water without urinating
    are not at all unusual compared to the rest and some of the rather gory deaths I witnessed over the years

Brainleech on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    1993: Garry Hoy, a Toronto lawyer, fell to his death after he threw himself through the glass wall on the 24th floor of the Toronto-Dominion Centre in order to prove the glass was "unbreakable".

D:

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    1993: Garry Hoy, a Toronto lawyer, fell to his death after he threw himself through the glass wall on the 24th floor of the Toronto-Dominion Centre in order to prove the glass was "unbreakable".

D:

i wonder if a guy bet him

probably the most bittersweet $20 he never had to pay up

Pony on
  • Options
    HomelessHomeless Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Kind of disturbing knowing this is a forum in which you can lurk and view the thread

I went and looked at the wikipedia list posted earlier some of deaths listed are quite funny others are not that strange
    Two of the ones for this year
    2007: James Richards, an American Veterinarian and expert on cats died in a motorcycle accident trying to avoid a cat that had run on the road
    2007: Jennifer Strange, a 28-year-old woman from Sacramento, died of water intoxication while trying to win a Nintendo Wii in a KDND 107.9 "The End" radio station's "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest, which involved drinking large quantities of water without urinating
    are not at all unusual compared to the rest and some of the rather gory deaths I witnessed over the years

20011024h.gif

?

Homeless on
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Shorty wrote: »

So I married an axe murderer reference FTW!

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    AbsenceofLightAbsenceofLight Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    After your children.

I pray to whatever higher power there might be that this doesn't happen to me.

AbsenceofLight on
    Possessed+Shell.png
  • Options
    zhen_roguezhen_rogue Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Being slowly eaten alive by insects and lesser invertebrae sounds pretty terrible.

zhen_rogue on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I always thought going the way of Johnny Get Your Gun would be the worst way to go.

Or burning alive. Or boiling. Those are pretty high on the list.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    having your arms and legs cut off right before you're thrown into the ocean.

or being brought out to neck deep water with only your hands bound and then having your hand be cut free, and your Achilles tendons sliced.

Captain Cthulhu on