As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nintendo WiFi Dongle problems.

RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Games and Technology
I'm trying to play Mario Kart over my WiFi, but every time I try to connect to my Dongle, It looks like it's connecting, then the little icon in the top left corner ( I think it's the signal strength?) goes from a nice healthy green to an empty orange colour, then gives the following error.

Error code: 52103

Connected to access point but unable to connect to the server. Confirm connection settings and internet availability.

Any clues? :/

Rizzi on

• PoochPooch Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    That happened to me. It works most of the time if I turn off my firewall.

Pooch on
  • ArugulaZArugulaZ Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'd just hunt down a Netgear wireless router. I was going to go the dongle route but I've found the router to be a lot more versatile, working with ALL my wireless game systems rather than just a couple. It's about the same price, too... I got mine for around forty dollars!

ArugulaZ on
    JR

Same old site, great new look! Check out The Gameroom Blitz at:
    http://www.lakupo.com/grblitz
  • PseudonymPseudonym Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I've been using mine for a few weeks. Takes a little bit to get it going. I think its the firewall. I have to plug and unplug it a few times to get it to work, or if I'm feeling impatient I just turn off the firewall for a minute. Works right away then.

Pseudonym on
    Animal Crossing Wii: Kelly in Boomtown
    1934-4237-4812
    Fruit: Peaches, perhaps coconuts soon too!
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So, what you're saying is, you can't keep your dongle up?

But yeah, firewalls can kill the whole thing.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • eternal_twilighteternal_twilight Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The same happens with my internet, no dongle though. I was kinda hoping getting a dongle would fix it, but your saying its a firewall issue?

eternal_twilight on
    Diamond friend code: 5412 6738 6873
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I.. Don't have a firewall :/
    It used to work. But I haven't used it in a while.

Rizzi on
  • dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I just purchased a 24$ LAN adapter from the nintendo.com store and 50 feet of cat5. The adapter is nice for the DS but damned if I want to leave my pc on all the time, and I don't care much for wireless as Im in an apartment complex full of fucks who steal connections from others anyway.

dispatch.o on
  • AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The dongle fucking fails. Well, the official software for it does.

If you have the software installed, pray your dongle doesn't have to reconnect everytime, otherwise some IP conflicts prevent it from connecting after a few tries, and you have to reinstall the software to become clean again. It also blocks local network connections FROM other computers (you can access others fine). I'm trying a hack but having no luck with it at the moment. Just get a wireless router if you can afford one.

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Arg!
    I uninstalled and reinstalled.
    Now I get a;
    Connection sharing error. (.5)

When I try to install it.
    Faaaailure.

Rizzi on
  • eternal_twilighteternal_twilight Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Is the official one that bad? the wireless router I'd otherwise use is a shared one and I can't really fuck with the settings on it.

eternal_twilight on
    Diamond friend code: 5412 6738 6873