As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Amazon problem

MisanthropeicMisanthropeic __BANNED USERS regular
edited May 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I ordered a product from a third party seller through Amazon.com in mid-April. They shipped the item May 1st, almost two week later than advertised, and claimed that it arrived on May 3rd. I called my USPS office and they claim they delivered it last week on May 3rd, but I never got it, never heard a door bell, never saw anything on my door step or in my mail box.

I never got this product, and I am thinking about filing a claim with Amazon. Do I have a case? Or am I out the money I spent on this product?

Misanthropeic on

• Options
    GlaealGlaeal Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    If Amazon has the tracking numbers to prove that the USPS took control of the package, they probably won't do anything. It doesn't hurt to try, but I doubt they'll bend over to help.

Your complaint should be with the Postal Service.

Glaeal on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Right, I called the USPS, and they can do absolutley nothing. They have to go by their computer. The thing is, there was never any proof of delivery, they just left it on my door step with no knock (if they ever left if there at all) and just took off. Anyone could have grabbed it.

Am I really the one at fault for this?

Misanthropeic on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that your only option is to file a complaint with the Postal Service. I'd still pursue the Amazon.com route on the off chance that they will do something, but don't expect much.

This is the problem with standard shipping. The post office is allowed to just leave the package on your porch because no signature is required.

Glaeal on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I forget whether the policy for box deliveries varies with each Post Office in the U.S., but in my part of the country the mailman will put it in the mailbox unless it is too big. If that's the case, he leaves a little notice for your lazy ass to pick it up from them.

I don't think they just drop stuff on people's doorsteps here in California anymore. What with half the people having dogs that could chew them up and stuff.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    imbalancedimbalanced Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You have nothing to worry about. I've had this happen to me with Amazon. If you were supposed to get something and never received it, they'll just send another one in its place and bill the postal service for the package loss. Just call Amazon customer support and let your case be known.

imbalanced on
    idc-sig.png
    Wii Code: 1040-1320-0724-3613 :!!:
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    imbalanced wrote: »
    You have nothing to worry about. I've had this happen to me with Amazon. If you were supposed to get something and never received it, they'll just send another one in its place and bill the postal service for the package loss. Just call them.

:|

Good to hear. Maybe I can stop spending so much money on shipping now.

Glaeal on
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You have nothing to worry about. I've had this happen to me with Amazon. If you were supposed to get something and never received it, they'll just send another one in its place and bill the postal service for the package loss. Just call Amazon customer support and let your case be known.

But that was with Amazon, not a marketplace seller (3rd party who just uses Amazon to sell stuff).

I would still contact Amazon, though. At least see what they have to say.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    imbalancedimbalanced Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    EggyToast wrote: »

But that was with Amazon, not a marketplace seller (3rd party who just uses Amazon to sell stuff).

I would still contact Amazon, though. At least see what they have to say.

Good point. You could report them to the better business bureau for sending it late against their written policy, but next time you order from Amazon make sure it gets sent from either FedEx or UPS with signature service. If you don't sign it, you get your money back no questions asked.

EDIT: Link to the BBB complaint form
    http://www.bbbonline.org/consumer/complaint.asp

imbalanced on
    idc-sig.png
    Wii Code: 1040-1320-0724-3613 :!!:
  • Options
    FantasmaFantasma Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Never, never buy anything from a 3rd party, unless you don't mind losing a few bucks. It could be extremely difficult to get a refund if this seller refuse to do so, contact them politely and ask for your money back.

Amazon will wash its hands off this problem for sure.

Fantasma on
    Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    The order was only 40 bucks, I'm more ticked off about having to wait two weeks for this thing to ship, having to wait two weeks for amazon to straighten this out, and now having to wait another week when I order this item again

Misanthropeic on
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    In the UK, the legal system protects the seller. As long as they sent it, it is the postal services fault, as the post was the agreed conduit for the transaction. If that conduit failed and the sender sent it in good faith (late or not), it is not the sender's responsibility. I would guess the US was roughly the same.

Amazon are usually good guys, I'd take it up with them, otherwise, file a complaint with the USPS.

Lewisham on