As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moment of the Week: 05/09/07

124»

• SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Terrorbyte wrote: »
    Last page of the Dr. Thirteen backup, hands down. Nothing else this week even came close.
    or the last panel of ASM #540.

Perhaps the second most nauseatingly awful moment in Spider-Man comic book history. The first being Gwen Stacy fucking Norman Osborne, of course.

The winner and still all time champion for obnoxious hyperbole is..... TERRORBYTE!!!

(sounds of applause)

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    What was that panel in ASM?

Algertman on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Algertman wrote: »
    What was that panel in ASM?
    Kingpin asked Spidey what he could do for him, and Spidey responded, "Just one thing, Mr. Fisk. You can die."

So badass.

Me Too! on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So he's a Bond villain now?

Crimsondude on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So he's a Bond villain now?

I bet Pete's gonna call him back.
    "Kingpin? I rethought my line. Ask me again."
    "What?"
    "Ask me again what you can do for me."
    "*Sigh*What can I do for you, Mr. Parker?"
    "You can go to hell."
    "I liked 'You can die' better."
    "Really?"
    "Yeah...more dramatic."
    "Hmm. Alright then.*Click*I liked 'You can go to Hell' better, personally..."

The Muffin Man on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Picked up this week's stuff today. Between Nova #2 and Dead Days, it was pretty hard to choose a motw. But honestly, I think the best book this week was Thunderbolts 114.

Apparently, Steel Spider is a badass.

tbolts1.jpg
    tbolts2.jpg
    tbolts3.jpg

Fucking awesome.

I think the 'NGGAAAA!' is what makes this work so well.

Wow. I'd been staying away from this book, since I typically hate Ellis' whole, "Yeehaw I'm writin' bastards bein' bastards that do bastardly things!" shtick, but this pretty much sold me on buying the first trade at least.

Munch on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Man, I love how he just grinds his face along the wall. So Awesome.

Sharp101 on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Munch wrote: »
    Wow. I'd been staying away from this book, since I typically hate Ellis' whole, "Yeehaw I'm writin' bastards bein' bastards that do bastardly things!" shtick, but this pretty much sold me on buying the first trade at least.

The last five issues, the 'Faith in Monsters' arc, have been amazing. Definately be a good trade to pick up if you haven't been getting the seperate issues.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png