As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mobile Phone Firmware (Australia)

The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited May 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So, I've got a Sony Ericsson K750i that took some water damage recently, and had to go in for repairs. Even though the only thing that needed replacing was the keypad and a camera cable, the shop have installed a different set of firmware to the Optus version the phone came with (I guess they figured unlocking it would be doing me a favour).

I'm not shedding any tears, because that version had some really annoying features, but I'm now curious about whether I've got the best version firmware for the phone. Googling around tells me that there's different versions for different countries, and that some versions screw up the sound volume on the radio/mp3 player, etc. The one I'm using now is version R1CA021.

What I'm really looking for is a list of the firmware versions and the pros and cons of each. Ericsson's website just automatically updates your phone without telling you what you're getting, and I'm not game to do that yet. Any ideas?

tmsig.jpg
The Cat on

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I can't help you directly, but I can tell you that the right place to ask any phone-related question is www.howardforums.com. Those guys know cell phones to the point of obsession.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    oooh, thanks. I've seen them linked in other forums I was looking through. I've got a better idea of what's going on now - the firmware is fine and rad, but the guys who installed it somehow managed to delete the camera software, so that's why the camera isn't working. Dumbasses told me it was a bung cable (fair assumption given the water damage i suppose), and I paid to have it fixed before I found out about the firmware thing >_< there probably wasn't anything wrong with it.

And of course the repair guy has no freakin' clue what he did. I emailed Ericsson and they're claiming that the wrong software was flashed to the phone. I think this problem is a little beyond PA, may as well lock it up.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.