As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Summer employment for student

AbelsAbels Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Tl;dr: I am smart, hard-working, like money, but not ambitious enough. I'm bored with a slow, low-paying bakery job. I want a summer job that's stimulating, preferably mentally; if not, physically. I'm going into 2nd year university in math, have some programming experience (PHP, etc.). I am going over Craigslist; in the mean time, does anyone have suggestions for un-obvious jobs that I may like?

Abels on

• Options
    tony_importanttony_important Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    For physical: Have you considered working with a local landscaping company? The pay is usually ok-to-good and you get to be outside for a large portion of the summer.

tony_important on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Painting houses can be good too, look for a painter who needs help as opposed to those ads that say "ZOMG in college and need $$$??! Paint houzez!!!"

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    freekfreek Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Look to summer camps. They pay well, it's usually easy, and if you like get along with kids you'll do great. I've worked at a computer camp for 6 summers now.

freek on
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You're a student...in college? If so, go to the job listings they have online, but also check out the environmental/biology buildings for fliers about lab/field jobs. They're usually pretty lax, fun jobs working for grad students.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    METAzraeL wrote: »
    You're a student...in college? If so, go to the job listings they have online, but also check out the environmental/biology buildings for fliers about lab/field jobs. They're usually pretty lax, fun jobs working for grad students.

I second this so hard.

VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    geckahngeckahn Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Landscaping is always a good idea. I got the best tan of my life doing it.

I did work private landscaping for an estate though, not for a landscaping company. So I got to work with my shirt off and such.

geckahn on