As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I've lost my horse! (Oblivion)

redimpulseredimpulse Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Well this should be a quick one. So I <HAD> Shadowmere when I stopped by a ruin to pick up an item. Didn't have to go in or anything, but by the time I got back to where the horse was, well, the horse was gone. I didn't think it could travel far in the <20 seconds I was gone, but I can't find the damned thing to save my life!

So, if I lose a horse will it magically appear in a stable somewhere around the island at a point in time, or is Shadowmere gone forever?
I'm having a hard time looking this up because BLOCKED BY WEBSENSE

rbsig.jpg
redimpulse on

• Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Shadowmere will re-appear where you first found him.

stigweard on
  • Options
    NexusSixNexusSix Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    redimpulse wrote: »
    Well this should be a quick one. So I <HAD> Shadowmere when I stopped by a ruin to pick up an item. Didn't have to go in or anything, but by the time I got back to where the horse was, well, the horse was gone. I didn't think it could travel far in the <20 seconds I was gone, but I can't find the damned thing to save my life!

So, if I lose a horse will it magically appear in a stable somewhere around the island at a point in time, or is Shadowmere gone forever?
    I'm having a hard time looking this up because BLOCKED BY WEBSENSE

Did you try a quick travel yet? Try that--when it auto saves, look and see if you get the message "your horse is stabled..." If you're not getting that message or can't find Shadowmere outside of whatever city you just traveled to, try Googling from your home PC--I'm not sure if there is a quick way to find a lost horse.

You want to keep Shadowmere--best horse in the game.

NexusSix on
    REASON - Version 1.0B7 Gatling type 3 mm hypervelocity railgun system
    Ng Security Industries, Inc.
    PRERELEASE VERSION-NOT FOR FIELD USE - DO NOT TEST IN A POPULATED AREA
    -ULTIMA RATIO REGUM-
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, go back to that keep where you first got him. It's in the East, sort of to the North, I think. When you arrive, the game should inform you that Shadowmere has returned there, and then he'll be standing around somewhere.

Yar on
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I had the same problem and doing all the solutions in this thread did not work for me. I ended up installing a "summon horse spell" mod to solve the problem.

solsovly on
  • Options
    redimpulseredimpulse Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Cool I'll give that a shot. As for the quick travel - I quick traveled to the nearest city (Bravil) and it said my horse was stabled outside.

But it wasn't Shadowmere. It was another horse that I had bought, armored and forgot about.

Shadowmere was outside of Cheydinhal, right?

redimpulse on
    rbsig.jpg
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, follow the East road out of Cheydinhall to Fort Farragut.

Funnily, you can use Shadowmere as a walking treasure chest. Kill him and drop stuff into his inventory, and he'll get back up a few seconds later perfectly okay. Then kill him again when you want your stuff back.

ben0207 on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This exact same thing happened to me, but it happened right after
    The other speakers kill Lucien
    So I thought I just lost him naturally via plot.

Javen on