As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My files are too big!

TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Games and Technology
I got a new MP3 player, and so obviously I'm putting a bunch of music on it.
One problem is that, when I uploaded my Rush albums to my PC, without noticing, I uploaded them at 320kbs, and well, they take up well over a gig. On my PC, this isn't a problem, but I have more limited space on my player. Is there a way to take a bunch of song files all of the same type and bitrate and convert them to a lower bitrate? Say, probably 128kbs? I have a program that can do conversions, but it only does one at a time, and you have to manually add each song when the last one is done. It's 18 albums worth of songs, so this isn't ideal.

TubularLuggage on

• Options
    JelloblimpJelloblimp Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    If I recall correctly http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm has a batch function for converting alot of files at once (& fix volume if needed).

Jelloblimp on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NORNOR Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    One problem is that, when I uploaded my Rush albums to my PC, without noticing, I uploaded them at 320kbs, and well, they take up well over a gig. On my PC, this isn't a problem, but I have more limited space on my player. Is there a way to take a bunch of song files all of the same type and bitrate and convert them to a lower bitrate? Say, probably 128kbs? I have a program that can do conversions, but it only does one at a time, and you have to manually add each song when the last one is done. It's 18 albums worth of songs, so this isn't ideal.

It's just Rush dude.

NOR on
    Swehehehehehahahahahahahahahawhawhawhaw
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

Doesn't Windows Media Player do that? Just look under the options for CD-ripping, set it to MP3 instead of WMA, DRM to off, and then turn the bit rate down.

Brolo on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    NOR wrote: »

It's just Rush dude.

And god is just a deity.

How dare you, sir. How dare you.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Raslin wrote: »

It's just Rush dude.

And god is just a deity.

I love Rush, but Rush is nothing worth getting upset over.

NOR on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

It's just Rush dude.

And god is just a deity.

Maybe if you have no appreciation for incredible music.

I dunno. If thats your thing.

Raslin on

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Rolo wrote: »
    Doesn't Windows Media Player do that? Just look under the options for CD-ripping, set it to MP3 instead of WMA, DRM to off, and then turn the bit rate down.
    The thing is, they're already uploaded, and ripping them again would be a pain in the ass, since there's 18 of them.
    If I recall correctly http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm has a batch function for converting alot of files at once (& fix volume if needed).
    Thanks.
    It's just Rush dude.
    Wow, you're helpful. Seriously, I'm asking a question about file conversion, and you attack my musical tastes? I just don't understand.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    128 is way too low. Stick with 192 kbps if you're looking at a constant bitrate. A high quality VBR rip is really the best option though.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    edited May 2007

It's just Rush dude.

And god is just a deity.

Holy Diver
    You've been down too long in the midnight sea
    Oh what's becoming of me

Ride the tiger
    You can see his stripes but you know he's clean
    Oh don't you see what I mean

Now you are going to have this stuck in your head too, thus I win this debate.

NOR on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

It's just Rush dude.

And god is just a deity.

Holy Diver
    Oh what's becoming of me

Ride the tiger

I've never heard this song. Sorry, try again.

(I know its Dio, but I still have never heard it)

Raslin on

• Options
    edited May 2007

Holy Diver
    Oh what's becoming of me

Ride the tiger

How is it that you have managed that?

NOR on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Holy Diver
    Oh what's becoming of me

Ride the tiger

Its just Dio dude.

Raslin on

• Options
    edited May 2007

Holy Diver
    Oh what's becoming of me

Ride the tiger

Its just Dio dude.

I see what you did there.

NOR on
  • Options
    RichardTauberRichardTauber Kvlt Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    My wang is too big.

It had to be done.

RichardTauber on