As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

oxygen makes me cool

• Options
    blue powderblue powder Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Bijl wrote: »
    Maybe we should forbid all fat food too. Let's just forbid all kinds of food except a government-distributed "omni-goo" which contains everything you need to stay alive, just to be sure! The world would be a much better place.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm trying to get across here, you twat.

blue powder on
  • Options
    CarnivoreCarnivore Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I agree with Rane. He is an idiot.

I have no problem with smoking at all. There are far worse things in this world, both health and environment wise, that we should be concerned about.

Smoking is a vice that is hardly going to end life as we know it.

Carnivore on
    hihi.jpg
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The question isn't why is smoking still legal, but why are other drugs still ILlegal, especially marijuana?

Making something illegal isn't a way to eliminate it from society. If it exists, people will do it, period. Making it illegal just makes it so the BAD guys are in charge of it.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    while youre at it ban toothpaste containing fluoride
    barbecued meats
    french fries
    any activity that could catch you hep b or hpv
    mobile phones

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    trentsteel wrote: »
    Yeah, they should make smokes illegal

Just like they made booze illegal that one time

How did that turn out again, good i think

i see what you're saying there, but i still see tobacco as being far worse as it effects the environment aswell
    You 're totally right! Let's make all things that are bad for the environment illegal! Maybe we should outlaw anything that isn't strictly neccesary. Producing things that are "fun" affects the environment! And for what? This thing called "pleasure"? Bullshit!

Man, fuck you. Smoking is in every way fucking stupid and a negative thing. I have no problem with you wanting to smoke, I just see it as a waste of resources. Why have people taking up a hospital room due to smoking related issues when you could be using those resources for mor eimportant shit we can't stop.

Obviously smoker related health issues don't totaly flood out hospitals, but I just see it as something we can stop. "Outlawing everything which is fun" is not what I was trying to convey.

okay well let's stop all foods with fat in them, extreme activities, swimming, and for the hell of it, let's shoot everyone who has retardation through the brain

man these people are taking up beds that could be used to actually help people, geez

Raneados on
  • Options
    redstormpopcornredstormpopcorn Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Smokers do eventually provide a massive and nigh-guaranteed source of income for hospitals and pharmaceutical companies.

redstormpopcorn on
    emot-kamina.gifBELIEVE IN YOU, WHO BELIEVES IN YOURSELF emot-kamina.gif
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Maybe we should forbid all fat food too. Let's just forbid all kinds of food except a government-distributed "omni-goo" which contains everything you need to stay alive, just to be sure! The world would be a much better place.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm trying to get across here, you twat.

No, see, we're not going to live in a goddamn Demolition Man world. Not going to happen.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    naporeon wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    godamnit I fucking hate blue powder

he likes NO GOOD THINGS

HE IS THE ANTITHESIS OF A GOOD POSTER
    I hate smoke.

But I also hate blue powder.

QUANDARY

nap I smoke constantly

but I'm not a dick about it

we could hang out

Raneados on
  • Options
    BijlBijl Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    trentsteel wrote: »
    Yeah, they should make smokes illegal

Just like they made booze illegal that one time

How did that turn out again, good i think

i see what you're saying there, but i still see tobacco as being far worse as it effects the environment aswell
    You 're totally right! Let's make all things that are bad for the environment illegal! Maybe we should outlaw anything that isn't strictly neccesary. Producing things that are "fun" affects the environment! And for what? This thing called "pleasure"? Bullshit!

Man, fuck you. Smoking is in every way fucking stupid and a negative thing. I have no problem with you wanting to smoke, I just see it as a waste of resources. Why have people taking up a hospital room due to smoking related issues when you could be using those resources for mor eimportant shit we can't stop.

Obviously smoker related health issues don't totaly flood out hospitals, but I just see it as something we can stop. "Outlawing everything which is fun" is not what I was trying to convey.
    Smoking isn't a stupid and negative thing in every way. People like the taste and it makes them feel better. Of course it isn't neccesary, and it's bad for your health, but if someone thinks the positive outweighs the negative, let them smoke if they want to.

And I was exaggerating earlier of course.

Bijl on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dislexic wrote: »
    The question isn't why is smoking still legal, but why are other drugs still ILlegal, especially marijuana?

Making something illegal isn't a way to eliminate it from society. If it exists, people will do it, period. Making it illegal just makes it so the BAD guys are in charge of it.
    tobaco is still legal coz its not considered a mind altering substance

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2007

Yeah I guess. I just wanted to know if the idea of putting a stop to it was ever considered.

blue powder on
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    naporeon wrote: »
    godamnit I fucking hate blue powder

he likes NO GOOD THINGS

HE IS THE ANTITHESIS OF A GOOD POSTER
    I hate smoke.

But I also hate blue powder.

QUANDARY

nap I smoke constantly

but I'm not a dick about it

we could hang out
    Well, Rane.

You aren't blue powder.

You have that going for you.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    also: any smoker that's ever tried using the gum or patch knows it's a fucking battle, even with the substitute.

not all of tobacco use is 100% addictive

Raneados on
  • Options
    Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Carnivore wrote: »
    I hate people who reply to a discussion starter with 'YOU ARE DUMB'

Point out where he is wrong you elitist fuck, and stop being so high and mighty. He raises some valid points and while, yes, I agree he is for the most part really very wrong on the issue, replying with 'you are dumb' makes you come off as just as much of a jerk as he is.

Aimed at Wise_A btw.

I think you might get the idea if I just throw this one at you:

"You are".

In addition, I'm saying that he is dumb in general, not solely because of this thread but based on a longer history of retardation.

Also, this is the only time I ever said this but I wish Defender would come in here and do his thing. That would fix this thread right up.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    christ blue powder, why are you always stupid?

Raneados on
  • Options
    MathildaMathilda Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    blue powder, you strike me as one of those individuals that will approach some poor innocent smoker on the street and start cough and hacking while screaming "EXCUSE ME I'M TRYING TO BREATH HERE!" in his/her ear.

Do you do that?

Mathilda on
  • Options
    redstormpopcornredstormpopcorn Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    evilbob wrote: »

'Cause it's a physical addiction. :V

redstormpopcorn on
    emot-kamina.gifBELIEVE IN YOU, WHO BELIEVES IN YOURSELF emot-kamina.gif
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    I hate smoking but I think people have every right to do so. A lot of my good friends smoke around me and I just don't let it bother me. I can't be in a closed room with a bunch of smokers though. That shit irritates my eyes something fierce.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    christ blue powder, why are you always stupid?

Rane - I was actually counting down the minutes and seconds until you came in here and straightened this guy out. Whats a pro-smoking / anti-smoking thread without Rane? Something I don't wanna think about.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    Frosted ButtsFrosted Butts Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Suffocating people with their own blood is also cool, especially if you take some peyote afterwards.

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    If tobacco was illegalized, a huge black market would arise over night. More crime is what exactly what this country needs, especially if otherwise law abiding citizens are clogging up the legal system.

It would be a disaster.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    blue powder, you strike me as one of those individuals that will approach some poor innocent smoker on the street and start cough and hacking while screaming "EXCUSE ME I'M TRYING TO BREATH HERE!" in his/her ear.

Do you do that?

No, I don't. The majority of my close friends smoke. I never said I had a problem with smokers. I was simply looking at it from an objective point of view.

blue powder on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Suffocating people with their own blood is also cool, especially if you take some peyote afterwards.
    yay for Sopranos spoilers

SA on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    well you talk about the environmental effects

what environmental effects?

"it smells" is not an environmental effect

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    evilbob wrote: »

'Cause it's a physical addiction. :V

Too bad it also IS mentally addictive, it changes brain chemisty.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    We should just shoot anyone who needs a hospital bed, and then we don't even need hospital beds anymore.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Do you do that?

I saw the most disgustingly awkward thing the other day at the Quick Check. Keep in mind that I don't smoke cigarettes / have never even tried one. I have a cigar about once a week, thats my only foray into the tobacco world.

I was standing in line, ready to purchase my new favorite drink of all time (snapple's nectarine flavored white tea). There was an older lady in front of me, and in front of her was a guy buying a couple packs of cigs at the register. All of a sudden, the lady in front of me taps the guy with the cigs on the shoulder. She says "You know what those things do, don't you?".

You should have seen the guys face. It was kinda early in the morning, for chrissakes. The guy says "Sure". The lady continues "My father just got done with a battle with lung cancer, he died. Now I'm making it my personal job to tell everyone I see". Everyone in line at that point rolls their eyes. She continues to beat on this poor guy, who did nothing wrong. Finally, the cashier steps in and tells the lady that while we are all sorry for her loss, its not her place to force her opinions on everybody.

The cigarette guy takes that as his chance to get the fuck out, and does so.

I mean, I understand that the lady was probably really sad and stuff, but come on. Completely unnecessary and immensely awkward.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

tossing cigarette butts is an often overlooked form of littering

SA on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    SA wrote: »

This is a good point, but not all smokers do this. Many smokers use the proper receptacles, etc.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Wise_a wrote: »

This is a good point, but not all smokers do this. Many smokers use the proper receptacles, etc.

Yeah, RANEADOS.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007

the government made up littering

it's not real

anywho, man I thought he meant a SERIOUS effect

hahaha litter

wooo

Raneados on
  • Options
    Frosted ButtsFrosted Butts Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Lets not forget the environmental positives of smoking. Commercial tobacco production does play a vital role in processing CO2 into sweet, sweet oxygen.

That being said, I wish I didn't smoke like 27 cigars this weekend so I could breath today.

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I never said it smelling was a problem. I'm pretty sure they use heaps of fertilizer and shit to help grow the stuff, and wouldn't all the chemicals fuck with the atmosphere?

I never came here to argue, I just asked a question.

blue powder on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Yeah, RANEADOS.

THEY SHOULD BUILD THEM CLOSER TOGETHER

I do look around, if one's not near me, though, I flick that fucker

just like you, jerkface

Raneados on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, I challenge the use of the word "many" in that statement. Most smokers I know will flick cigarette butts anywhere they can.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I never said it smelling was a problem. I'm pretty sure they use heaps of fertilizer and shit to help grow the stuff, and wouldn't all the chemicals fuck with the atmosphere?

HURF DURF DURF all I did was ask a question what the problem durr durr

if you haven't realized that questions cause debate, then you're so stupid that you are not allowed a hospital bed

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, more often that not I see people just drop what's left, put it out with their foot and walk off. Even if a bin is like right fucking near them.

blue powder on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, I challenge the use of the word "many" in that statement. Most smokers I know will flick cigarette butts anywhere they can.

Fair enough. Like I said, I don't smoke cigarettes. I'm basically going off my dad, who is completely OCD when it comes to his cigarette butts. He's the only one who smokes cigarettes in my family, and he always goes out on the deck. When he's done, he brings it inside, runs it under the faucet, and puts it in the garbage can.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Yeah, RANEADOS.

THEY SHOULD BUILD THEM CLOSER TOGETHER

I do look around, if one's not near me, though, I flick that fucker

just like you, jerkface

HEY. THERE WAS ONE WHEN YOU PITCHED IT. YOU JUST DROPPED IT. I REMEMBER POINTING THAT OUT TO YOU.

Buttfag.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007

HURF DURF DURF all I did was ask a question what the problem durr durr

if you haven't realized that questions cause debate, then you're so stupid that you are not allowed a hospital bed

Hey, that's pretty logical.

blue powder on