As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Teen Titans is gonna get awesome again!

deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Graphic Violence
Sean McKeever is going to be writing it!

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=112581
Beechen’s move to the new miniseries does come with a cost – he had to give up Teen Titans, where he was recently named as the series’ new writer, stepping in for the departing Geoff Johns. Moving over to that series will be another member of the Countdown team, Sean McKeever.

McKeever will join Johns, Marv Wolfman, Mike McKone, George Perez, Todd Nauck and other creators for August’s Teen Titans #50 “jam issue,” and then head off on his own with September’s #51 with artist Randy Green.

“Sean’s is able to write in that great younger voice that the Teen Titans book really needs and a great sensibility for the characters, and again, like Adam, with his time working on Countdown, he was able to learn a lot about the interaction between them. When Teen Titans came free, Sean just seemed the most logical choice. Sean will be writing two of our team books now, with Titans and Birds of Prey, and he brings a great voice to both those books.”

So awesome.

deadonthestreet on

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2007
    Jesus, why couldn't the stupid fucks at Marvel find him a regular high-profile gig to keep him around? Heinberg's never coming back - give McKeever Young Avengers (and Runaways when Whedon jumps ship) and hey presto: instant win. But nooooooo. Grrrr.

Bogart on
  • Magically_StoopidMagically_Stoopid Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Bogart wrote: »
    Jesus, why couldn't the stupid fucks at Marvel find him a regular high-profile gig to keep him around? Heinberg's never coming back - give McKeever Young Avengers (and Runaways when Whedon jumps ship) and hey presto: instant win. But nooooooo. Grrrr.

Marvel has seemingly turned into the EA of the comic book world. Constantly dropping the ball.

Magically_Stoopid on
    Crustyrailgun.gif
    My Wii numbers - 5427 1165 2806 1979
    ~PM me if you add me to your Wii Address book with your Wii numbers~
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah because it's not like DC hasn't been plagued by lateness, with Detective Comics getting outsold by fucking Moon Knight, and Marvel snatching up numerous creators from them, such as the Seven Soldiers artists, PAD, and Loeb (talent aside, the dude sells books). And I actually like DC better, but really, let's not make this into a Marvel v. DC thing because it's fucking retarded.

Anyways, getting back on-topic, there's an image floating around showing the new Titans line-up, with Robin, Miss Martian, Supergirl, Wonder Girl, Kid Devil, Ravager, and Blue Beetle as the new addition. I think it's likely that DC decided they needed to boost Jaime's profile to keep his book afloat, or they've finally decided to cancel it before they lose any more money on it, and this is just an effort to keep the character in the spotlight elsewhere.

Munch on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You left out the best part.

More space adventures with Buddy and the gang!

Bloods End on
  • Pantaley ShlopapaPantaley Shlopapa Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Adam Strange, fuck yes.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
    edited May 2007
    I'm kind of torn on the new character Forerunner. On the one hand, I love new characters and I think introducing them in a high profile back-up is the perfect way to give them a little attention. On the other hand, a blue, pointy-eared space pirate that kind of reminds me of Nocturne from Exiles doesn't really seem all that interesting.

But hey, anything with more Adam Strange, Starfire, and Buddy is A-okay with me.

Munch on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2007
    Munch wrote: »
    Yeah because it's not like DC hasn't been plagued by lateness, with Detective Comics getting outsold by fucking Moon Knight, and Marvel snatching up numerous creators from them, such as the Seven Soldiers artists, PAD, and Loeb (talent aside, the dude sells books). And I actually like DC better, but really, let's not make this into a Marvel v. DC thing because it's fucking retarded.

Anyways, getting back on-topic, there's an image floating around showing the new Titans line-up, with Robin, Miss Martian, Supergirl, Wonder Girl, Kid Devil, Ravager, and Blue Beetle as the new addition. I think it's likely that DC decided they needed to boost Jaime's profile to keep his book afloat, or they've finally decided to cancel it before they lose any more money on it, and this is just an effort to keep the character in the spotlight elsewhere.

Or it's the natural progression of the character. It doesn't make sense that he wouldn't be in the Titans. He's powerful and he wouldn't say no

Supergirl, however, is unnecessary with Wonder Girl + Miss Martian

Garlic Bread on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, here's the pic to confirm it.
    DSCF0559_0001.jpg

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2007
    Sean McKeever is making his way to writing all of my favorite books

Garlic Bread on
    edited May 2007
    The dude writes a hell of a story.

And he created Gravity. I'll give anything he's writing a try.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited May 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Or it's the natural progression of the character. It doesn't make sense that he wouldn't be in the Titans. He's powerful and he wouldn't say no

Jaime's been pretty adamant about not wanting to get into all the crazy superheroic stuff, and he generally doesn't think too highly of superheroes after being left for dead on an exploding satellite. Throughout his series he's been focused on protecting his home, his family, and his friends. Hell, right now he's tied up in all that Reach business. He doesn't need to go off fighting other peoples' battles when he's got plenty to fight on the home front. I don't see him taking off to San Francisco to hang out with the daughter of a supervillain, a demon sidekick washout, and Batman Jr. without a really good reason. Most likely it'll be tied into the whole, "gathering allies to fight the Reach" thing, or Batman will ask him to join for some reason.

But yeah, the book sliding down the charts to 18,000 monthly copies from 60,000 at its launch probably doesn't need the added exposure.

Also, and I say this every time there's a change in the Titans' line-up, where the fuck is (Son of) Vulcan?

Munch on
    edited May 2007
    Munch wrote: »

Jaime's been pretty adamant about not wanting to get into all the crazy superheroic stuff, and he generally doesn't think too highly of superheroes after being left for dead on an exploding satellite. Throughout his series he's been focused on protecting his home, his family, and his friends. Hell, right now he's tied up in all that Reach business. He doesn't need to go off fighting other peoples' battles when he's got plenty to fight on the home front. I don't see him taking off to San Francisco to hang out with the daughter of a supervillain, a demon sidekick washout, and Batman Jr. without a really good reason. Most likely it'll be tied into the whole, "gathering allies to fight the Reach" thing, or Batman will ask him to join for some reason.

But yeah, the book sliding down the charts to 18,000 monthly copies from 60,000 at its launch probably doesn't need the added exposure.

Also, and I say this every time there's a change in the Titans' line-up, where the fuck is (Son of) Vulcan?
    Dammit, why must you be the faster of us Earth-4 Me?

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited May 2007
    You mean you weren't struck by lightning while splicing your DNA with a cheetah's?

Munch on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited May 2007
    I really hope they pick a lineup and stick with it for a little while. The titans roster has always evolved but since IC it's been ridiculous.

DMAC on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Agreed, but Teen Titans has still been one of, if not the, most solid book in the DC line-up.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
    edited May 2007
    DMAC wrote: »
    I really hope they pick a lineup and stick with it for a little while. The titans roster has always evolved but since IC it's been ridiculous.

Huh?

It's been Robin, Ravager, Wonder Girl, Kid Devil, Raven and Cyborg since the OYL jump. Well, after the initial "You know this isn't the final team" thing

The only new additions are Jericho and Miss Martian

but I want them to bring the Wonder Twins back

Garlic Bread on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm actually a bit relieved about this, the last couple of Beechen written Titans issues left me cold, I'd much rather see McKeever on this book.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Kinda wonder why Supergirl is on there with Wondergirl and Miss Martian already on there. Seems unnecessary. Reminds me of when JSA had Captain Marvel, Powergirl and Black Adam all on the team at the same time (not to mention Atom Smasher).

Maybe it's to give Supergirl more exposure?

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Man they should dump Kid Devil.

deadonthestreet on
    edited May 2007
    Shut up I like Kid Devil

Garlic Bread on
    edited May 2007
    Kid Devil is by my favorite of the "new" Titans.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2007
    But he is so dull.

deadonthestreet on
  • ZombotZombot Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Kid Devil is pretty cool.
    I like where they're taking the character.
    However, I'm not sure of Miss Martian.

Zombot on
    edited May 2007
    He is so emo.

deadonthestreet on
    edited May 2007
    Man, The Titans have always been emo. Eddie's just keeping up the legacy.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited May 2007
    Eddie's not even emo

Garlic Bread on
    edited May 2007
    He kinda is, I mean he's the Spider-Man-esque emo. He covers it up with jokes and goofiness, but he can get pretty emo.

Not anything as bad as Raven though.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited May 2007
    He's emo in the sense that "man my biggest hero betrayed me and now I'm going to be sucking Neron's demonic dick for eternity"

I mean

some people just don't like demon dick

I wouldn't complain, though

Garlic Bread on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Fantastic news. The two Teen Titans issues Beechen scripted were terrible, the dialogue was just complete shit. I've never read any of McKeever's stuff but I've heard a lot about how good he is.

I'm worried that Cyborg and Beast Boy don't appear in the Teen Titans #50 cover though. Perhaps they (along with Nightwing and Donna Troy) can establish a new Titans team or something? Batman's going to be leading the Outsiders pretty soon so Nightwing should have some spare time.

Btw, Kid Devil is fucking awesome.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
    edited May 2007
    Beast Boy hasnt been a member of the Titans since OYL, he's in the new Doom Patrol.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Beast Boy hasnt been a member of the Titans since OYL, he's in the new Doom Patrol.

Oh yeah, I've been re-reading the first three trades and gotten confused over the current lineup.

Unco-ordinated on
  • DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I thought Cyborg was joining JLA? I think I heard that somewhere anyways... Would explain where he went.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
    edited May 2007
    Drakeon wrote: »
    I thought Cyborg was joining JLA? I think I heard that somewhere anyways... Would explain where he went.

His name was on the list when Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman were talking about who they wanted in the JLA. But then all that was thrown out when they went and helped Red Tornado and the gang.

The current JLA consists of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Red Arrow (Arsenal), Hal Jordan, Black Lightning, Hawkgirl, Red Tornado and Jynx.

Unco-ordinated on
    edited May 2007

His name was on the list when Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman were talking about who they wanted in the JLA. But then all that was thrown out when they went and helped Red Tornado and the gang.

The current JLA consists of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Red Arrow (Arsenal), Hal Jordan, Black Lightning, Hawkgirl, Red Tornado and Jynx.

The current JLA consists of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Red Arrow (Arsenal), Hal Jordan, Black Lightning, Hawkgirl, Red Tornado and...shit

Garlic Bread on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2007
    Jesus Christ you guys, being sad about things that should legitimately make you sad is not emo, you twats.

DJ Eebs on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

The current JLA consists of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Red Arrow (Arsenal), Hal Jordan, Black Lightning, Hawkgirl, Red Tornado and...shit

Geo-Force is not shit you fucks.

Bloods End on
    edited May 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »

Geo-Force is not shit you fucks.
    i knew someone would misinterpret my joke

Garlic Bread on
    edited May 2007
    Geebs wrote: »
    Jesus Christ you guys, being sad about things that should legitimately make you sad is not emo, you twats.

Agreed. A lot of people don't even seem to know the definition of the bloody word. Sad != Emo.

Bloods End: Geo-Force isn't officially a member of the JLA yet.

Unco-ordinated on
    edited May 2007
    McKeever's got an interview up at Newsarama, complete with a better picture of the team line-up.

Munch on
    edited May 2007
    So it looks like Jaime's not on the team. That's okay. After reading the issues of his series that I've missed (#9-#14), I must rethink my post before. I don't think he'd quite fit on the team. He has way too many supporting characters in his book to be on a team. I don't mean that his supporting characters suck. In fact, I love them. It's just that he already has a "team" going on.

But it's cool that he's mixing it up with them.

I still don't like that Supergirl's on the team. This one hasn't done anything to make me like her at all.

Garlic Bread on