As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Teen Titans is gonna get awesome again!

2»

• SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    So it looks like Jaime's not on the team. That's okay. After reading the issues of his series that I've missed (#9-#14), I must rethink my post before. I don't think he'd quite fit on the team. He has way too many supporting characters in his book to be on a team. I don't mean that his supporting characters suck. In fact, I love them. It's just that he already has a "team" going on.

But it's cool that he's mixing it up with them.

I still don't like that Supergirl's on the team. This one hasn't done anything to make me like her at all.

She tried to screw Nightwing in front of Starfire... when she was what, 15? 16? Either way... hot.

Regardless, I kind of like Kara, so I'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt. If her and Cass and Raveger start fighting over Tim... awesome...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Wonder Girl and Supergirl end up together, of course.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2007
    I liked Supergirl in the Up, Up, and Away OYL story in Superman/Action Comics. She seemed more mature

Everything else I've seen her in is just "oh haha I'm a 17 year old girl I'm superman's cousin don't piss me off hahaha"

I want Linda Danvers to come in and beat the shit out of her

Garlic Bread on
    edited May 2007

Everything else I've seen her in is just "oh haha I'm a 17 year old girl I'm superman's cousin don't piss me off hahaha"

Reign_superboy.jpg

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2007

Reign_superboy.jpg

fuck you Kon-El is motherfucking awesome

Garlic Bread on
    edited May 2007
    I'm just saying that a similar character got off to a worse start, and just look where he is now.

Dead.

Actually, look at where he was before that.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited May 2007
    I just don't think Supergirl deserves the "S"

she only has it because she's Superman's cousin

Garlic Bread on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, but simply calling her "Girl" is patriachial and condesending.

And Stripperella was already taken.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
    edited May 2007
    I just don't think Supergirl deserves the "S"

she only has it because she's Superman's cousin

Aren't you tired of people deserving things, Keith?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • GigatonGigaton Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    He's emo in the sense that "man my biggest hero betrayed me and now I'm going to be sucking Neron's demonic dick for eternity"

I mean

some people just don't like demon dick

I wouldn't complain, though

So fucking sigg'ed.

Gigaton on
  • GigatonGigaton Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I wouldn't mind Kara on the TT, but it is a pet peeve of mine when there are two (same gendered) people with the same hair color and style on the same team. It's not the end of the world, the artist just has to draw some of their costumes in every shot of them. Personally I just find it irritating for closeups or extremely wide shots, its just hard to differentiate sometimes; especially in Marvel crossovers since every heroine and thier mom is a blonde.
    For good examples of the complete opposite:

X-Factor:
    M: Black
    Wolfsbane: Brown
    Siryn: Red
    Layla: Blonde

Runaways:
    Nico: Black
    Molly: Brown
    Gert: Pink/Purple
    Karolina: Blonde

Young Avengers:
    Patriot: Bald
    Wiccan: Black
    Hulking: Blond
    Speed: White
    Vision: Robot Bald

Honestly, it's just a stupid nitpick for character distinction I have, nothing a good and/or creative artist/colorist combo can't fix.
    Besides that, JLA has had both Supes and J'onn (and Wonder Woman) on the same team in practically every incarnation of the JLA. Good writing can get around almost all powerhouses, not to mention both of them have glaring weaknesses.

Gigaton on