As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Problems Installing Drivers

subrollsubroll Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I have an Acer Aspire 5670 notebook. I have had it for awhile and i have reformatted before this. But for some reason this time I cannot get my fucking lan drivers to install so I can get the thing running again. I download the file for the lan drivers, but it does not come with a setup file. So what? You dont need one right. So I did the first thing that came to mind, I went to the hardware management and tried to install it to the lan card my self through update driver. I tell it to search the file that is hold all of the files for the driver in it but windows says "Sry, but we did not find anything better than what already is installed" or whatever. I dont know what is wrong, but it still is not allowing me to access the internet or anything thing else. Any ideas?

Smash Friend Code: 4596-9134-3067
subroll on

• Options
    blincolnblincoln Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Use the "don't search" option and point it to the files. If the driver isn't signed, the search won't display it in the results.

blincoln on
    Legacy of Kain: The Lost Worlds
    http://www.thelostworlds.net/
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    ok i think that worked. said the software was successfully installed. but when i try to connect to the internet it still does the same thing. it says i cannot reach the specified location. I dont think i have ever seen this error while connecting to the internet. I dont think its my router or modem cuz the computer Im on now has no problems connect (as you can see) to the internet. Hmm...

subroll on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Bump

subroll on