As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy Tactics-Multiplayer!!

2»

• Options
    SonosSonos Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    dern if there is decent multi that could force me to buy a psp as well. gametrailers has a new FFTA2 trailer up as well. I'm one of the few people who actually admit they loved the first one.

Sonos on
    Sonovius.png
    PokeCode: 3952 3495 1748
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I've delved into the math of the job system before. Samurai damage is calculated by the average of your physical and magical attack, so that doesn't surprise me. I'll have to give that a shot.

Edit: Wait, no - Draw Out is based totally on magic! Chirijiraden is 30 times your MA!

Delzhand on
  • Options
    imundercoverimundercover Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Edit: Wait, no - Draw Out is based totally on magic! Chirijiraden is 30 times your MA!

Yes, Muramasa and the other sword, Kikuichimonji, are good enough. Chirijiraden is probably 999's every time by the time you get it. Try it with Reis!

imundercover on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    korodullin wrote: »
    The new Onion Knight class in Lion War makes Orlandu look like a naked level 1 Squire, by the way.

I can't quite wrap my brain around this, since TG Cid has pretty much become the definition of a brokenly good character.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    ikillkennyikillkenny Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'll give you a hint, multiplayer will be an unbalanced mess, a mere add on afterthought and nothing to really look foward to. The chance of it not happening is slim to none. For proof look at the multiplayer in Tactics Ogre:KoL and FFT:A. For a slightly more enjoyable but still broken as all hell experience, try Fire Emblem (GBA) or Fire Emblem:Sacred Stones.

There was multiplayer in the Fire Emblem GBA games? How did I miss this?

ikillkenny on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    ikillkenny wrote: »
    I'll give you a hint, multiplayer will be an unbalanced mess, a mere add on afterthought and nothing to really look foward to. The chance of it not happening is slim to none. For proof look at the multiplayer in Tactics Ogre:KoL and FFT:A. For a slightly more enjoyable but still broken as all hell experience, try Fire Emblem (GBA) or Fire Emblem:Sacred Stones.

There was multiplayer in the Fire Emblem GBA games? How did I miss this?

I dunno, never looked at the main menu options? Link Arena. It's pretty enjoyable, until you realize that not all classes are created equal.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2007
    Only problem I had with laws was the game over when your main character got jailed. That was stupid...just do an auto-bail and move on.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Henroid wrote: »
    Brue wrote: »
    Also need to ban Calculators from multiplayer to make it last more then one round.
    Fixed for accuracy. I saw amazing shit pulled off in the game by my brother with his Calculator.

Yeah they're great...by the end of the game all my mages had Calculator skills.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Brian888Brian888 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    korodullin wrote: »
    The new Onion Knight class in Lion War makes Orlandu look like a naked level 1 Squire, by the way.

The second, onion knight, is actually completely incapable of learning special abilities or even using other classes' skills, but compensates by offering huge health and defense bonuses and equipping unique new armor to become an absolute tank.

Maybe I'm missing something, but Onion Knights just sound like tanky hit point bags to me. How can that compare to Thunder God Cid?

Brian888 on
  • Options
    LynxLynx Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The game is going to be worth it entirely on the merit of an improved localization and possibly faster load times.

Pretty much the reason I'm getting it. Hell, I'd pay a hundred bucks for a good localization of FFT. Everything else is just gravy.

Although, I have witnessed some massive slowdown on abilities from online videos. That kind of pisses me off. . .
    Brian888 wrote:
    Maybe I'm missing something, but Onion Knights just sound like tanky hit point bags to me. How can that compare to Thunder God Cid?

I'll see if I can get some hard numbers, but the stats with all Onion equipment equipped was godlike. Godlike compared to TG Cid. I also think it's pretty awesome that Dark Knight has become a regular class, and with new abilities to boot.

EDIT: Got 'em!

Onion Sword(Onion Knight exclusive): WAP50, WEV15
    Onion Shield - PE80, ME75
    Onion Helm(Onion Knight exclusive) - HP200
    Onion Armor(Onion Knight exclusive) - HP250, always Reraise, Regen, Protect, Shell
    A gauntlet for Onion Knights only(prevents a lot of abnormal status)

Compared to other weapons and armor:

Chaos Blade: WAP40, WEV20,
    Escutcheon II: PE75, ME50,
    Grand Helmet and Maximillian collectively give you +350 HP with immunity to just Darkness and Sleep.

Lynx on