As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

King, or Queen of hearts

KochiKochi Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Artist's Corner
scan0004.jpg

11x15
Watercolour+acrylic
A few hours?

I thought i'd share with you a painting I did about a month ago i'm really incredibly fond of. My favourite character, and with a concept I really enjoyed. Any advice for next time I do a painting? I'm just learning, so, I would really appreciate any help, thanks!

P.S. I'm in yer forum, breakin' your h-scroll!

Kochi on

• Options
    vascyvascy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Looks decent to me...

Well coloured, well drawn...
    Elbows are a little pointy though?

vascy on
  • Options
    GreatnationGreatnation Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The concept was acheived I think. Though, the hands are underpreforming, and the clothes look a bit tacked on.

Greatnation on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Underperforming? Oh, how they're really lightly touching the objects? Didn't notice that till you mentioned it, thanks!

I thought I might get away with that elbow with the general style, but I totally got caught. I'll keep that in mind. Glad you like the colouring, first time painting seriously, not just goofing about.

Kochi on
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I didnt even notice the queen was a female. I just thought they were two male twins.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    McGibs wrote: »
    I didnt even notice the queen was a female. I just thought they were two male twins.

Me too. In fact, it still looks like they are the same person to me.

The rest of it is pretty cool though. I like the colors, especially on the flower.

NibCrom on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Good. Because they are the same person, both male. Just feminine vs. masculine side.

Thanks! I'm really glad the colours came out well. The rose was a bugger to do and I was worried it wouldn't look like a flower.

Kochi on
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    in that case, why does one have boobs?

even effeminate males dont have boobs.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Augh, okay, I so tried to get rid of that, and I did, that black line under the arm is completely gone in real life. The scanner picked it up somehow, but I noticed the... boobish appearance and tried to fix it, throwing black there till it was dark enough you couldn't see it. Ah well. Next time.

Kochi on