As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moment of the week 5-16-07

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Even worse than that, Hooraydiation - they're still insisting that the original Sentry mini is in-canon, at least according to the recent Battle Damage Report write-up. I have no idea how canon that is, mind you, for don't hate me if it isn't. Talk about messy.

Wildcat on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The original Sentry mini is still canon, and how it fits in with current Sentry-in-Avengers continuity was dealt with in the "Sentry" arc of New Avengers, it was issues 7-10 if I recall right.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Mighty Avengers.
    "I don't throw EVERYTHING into the sun."
    Also, what was with Giltron looking all thin and shit, but when she punched, got punched, she was suddenly all cut and ripped? Was that just horribly inconsistent art because Cho wasn't drawing tits?

what?

that's not horribly inconsistent

exaggerate much?

besides, did you notice that she stayed all silver as well?

it's probably shifting it's shape

Sars_Boy on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2007
    Man, Bendis is really good friends with Oeming, who if I'm not mistaken, wrote the Ares miniseries, so I doubt that he's just writing it off.

DJ Eebs on
    edited May 2007
    Bendis + Oeming = Powers which also = awesome.

Mathematical proof that Bendis is writing him fine.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Is it just my imagination, or has there been a lot of spontaneous-punch-in-the-FACE going on in recent history>

Lux on
    edited May 2007
    I like it. Why fucking beat around the bush, when you can jack someone in the face?

DJ Eebs on
    edited May 2007
    Geebs

Geebs

Geebs.

If the end of that Uncanny arc spins into a new Starjammers series. Would you read it?

I would. I would

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, Bendis doesn't really know how to write the Sentry or Ares or lots of characters very well lately. It just seems like that to me, anyway.

I mean, there you have Ares being portrayed as a dumb brute who's not very skilled in the arts of war. And there you have lady Ultron somehow punching the Sentry hard enough to draw blood. Or something. Power of a million exploding suns (not a thousand, by the way). Sigh.

Anyway, I will second Ultimates #13. Holy fucking shit that was awesome.

Spectre-x on
    edited May 2007
    I don't have the money to, but I'd probably consider it.

DJ Eebs on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    Yeah, Bendis doesn't really know how to write.

Selectively edited. Sneak sneak sneak.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited May 2007
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Yeah, Bendis doesn't really know how to write.

Selectively edited. Sneak sneak sneak.

Also, incorrect.

See: Powers, Ultimate Spider-Man, Daredevil, Alias.

DJ Eebs on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2007
    i'm still waiting for algertman to make an irrelevant bendis comment so that you'll change his avatar

Garlic Bread on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    For me it was Local.

Muffin Man: That's generally what happens when muscles flex?

She's a robot, for one thing.
    For another, she looked awful smooth otherwise.
    It just looked a bit out of place.

The Muffin Man on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I actually read some Powers. It's not that good. Ultimate Spider-Man fails pre-emptively because it has the word 'Ultimate' in it. I only bought one issue, and that's because it had Shadowcat and Deadpool in it. I wasn't bothering with Marvel around the time those other two came out. But I heard that D-Man was in one issue of Alias, so that's something.

I'm willing to give Bendis a teeny bit for having Kitty around. Other than that, I really wish they'd give him and Quesada the boot.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited May 2007
    I actually read some Powers. It's not that good. Ultimate Spider-Man fails pre-emptively because it has the word 'Ultimate' in it. I only bought one issue, and that's because it had Shadowcat and Deadpool in it. I wasn't bothering with Marvel around the time those other two came out. But I heard that D-Man was in one issue of Alias, so that's something.

I'm willing to give Bendis a teeny bit for having Kitty around. Other than that, I really wish they'd give him and Quesada the boot.

Awesome, I love how you pan one of the most beloved and acclaimed comics on the stands for the last 5+ years out of hand because it has the world Ultimate in the title.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

Yeah, I think maybe you should try USM again. See: Kingpin

Fencingsax on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Wait...
    you don't like the Ultimate line at all?

Jesus, Reynolds. The more I find out about you, the less I like you.

The Muffin Man on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'd give him slack if he had only read the UXM line (specifically frigging Kirkman), and as it is he did read part of the Ultimate Deadpool arc, which was pretty stupid (although the writing was still pretty good).

Fencingsax on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, Bendis doesn't really know how to write the Sentry or Ares or lots of characters very well lately. It just seems like that to me, anyway.

I mean, there you have Ares being portrayed as a dumb brute who's not very skilled in the arts of war. And there you have lady Ultron somehow punching the Sentry hard enough to draw blood. Or something. Power of a million exploding suns (not a thousand, by the way). Sigh.

He can slap a Herald of Galactus around with ease but needs help from Ms. goddamn Marvel and bloody Wonder Man to catch the Helicarrier

Does anyone see any silliness here

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I actually read some Powers. It's not that good. Ultimate Spider-Man fails pre-emptively because it has the word 'Ultimate' in it.

Wow, I'm used to hearing some stupid reasoning for not liking something..but this one, that has to be in at least the top five. And it just makes it worst. That's like me saying that I don't read Amazing Spiderman because it has Amazing in the title.

noir_blood on
    edited May 2007

He can slap a Herald of Galactus around with ease but needs help from Ms. goddamn Marvel and bloody Wonder Man to catch the Helicarrier

I think that if a sentry came back he wouldn't be able to go toe to toe. I think we found our solution to the "sentry is horribly broken and boring" problem.

Fencingsax on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

I imagine he was kinda tired from fighting Ultron.

deadonthestreet on
  • dcleedclee Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

which herald did he slap around with ease? sorry but i haven't read that many stories involving the Sentry. just curious. thanks!

dclee on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    dclee wrote: »

which herald did he slap around with ease? sorry but i haven't read that many stories involving the Sentry. just curious. thanks!
    Terrax.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Bendis has very few mistakes for how much he writes. The most glaring ones to me are the entirety of Secret War and his characterization of Emma Frost in New Avengers:

emmawtf.jpg

Other than that, I enjoy most things he writes.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

USM is one of the best books Marvel has. Has been since it started.

UFF is pretty good too, and Ultimates would've been awesome if it was just on time. You need to rethink this Ultimate hate thing.

Scooter on
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Everyone's overlooking how the guy said Powers isn't that good.

Powers is amazing.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2007
    bobgorila wrote: »
    Everyone's overlooking how the guy said Powers isn't that good.

Powers is amazing.

If he's only read the recent stuff I could understand him not being too wowed by it. It's still pretty good, but up until the end of The Sellouts it was great.

Bogart on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    i'm still waiting for algertman to make an irrelevant bendis comment so that you'll change his avatar

not gonna do it D:

Algertman on
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Terrax is a pussy

Transporter on
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Terrax.

Terrax really is most likely the weakest herald, especially if Annihilation is the gold standard for all things cosmic now.

Beyond that, this is a different Ultron than we've seen before, so it's plausible that it's going to take more than a pickup truck and a tree branch to kill it this time. Besides, the only way to make the book interesting with the line-up it has is to rewrite all the villains to be near-gods or they'd be wiped out in two panels every time.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    The original Sentry mini is still canon, and how it fits in with current Sentry-in-Avengers continuity was dealt with in the "Sentry" arc of New Avengers, it was issues 7-10 if I recall right.
    That's right, it just doesn't fit terribly well is all I'm saying.

Wildcat on
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    How about Flash this week?
    flash0092yq1.jpg

JoeUser on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2007
    it better not be bart

it better be inertia

Garlic Bread on
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Iroh wrote: »

Terrax.

Terrax really is most likely the weakest herald, especially if Annihilation is the gold standard for all things cosmic now.

Beyond that, this is a different Ultron than we've seen before, so it's plausible that it's going to take more than a pickup truck and a tree branch to kill it this time. Besides, the only way to make the book interesting with the line-up it has is to rewrite all the villains to be near-gods or they'd be wiped out in two panels every time.

This Ultron is basically Ultron+Tony Stark with EXTREMIS. Tony can scrap with Sentry for at least a little bit. Adding Ultron upgrades into the mix is fucking overkill.

I'm surprised no one noticed Extremis is how Ultron took over the sheild helicarrier.

Transporter on
    edited May 2007
    The last time Tony faced Bob, he ran like the wind rather than fight - though admittedly IIRC he was in a great hurry to get somewhere.

Wildcat on
    edited May 2007
    Wildcat wrote: »
    The last time Tony faced Bob, he ran like the wind rather than fight - though admittedly IIRC he was in a great hurry to get somewhere.

there was an emergency at Tony Stark's House of Ribs

Garlic Bread on
    edited May 2007
    A Stark Enterprises (TM) holding?

Wildcat on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I thought Reaper was dead. I liked the part in X-Factor when Pietro says he'll do nothing to stop Rictor from leaving. Also I need a poster of that Ultimate Avengers foldout.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg