As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My I-pod went to vegas and came home corrupted. (kinda)

red_wyrnred_wyrn Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I put this up in the Help section at Apple's site, but after reading 9 pages of simular posts with no solutions that have helped me, I figure you guys could add something new for me to try if nothing else.

"Well, I just brought home my 5th gen 80 gb I-pod home today... and right away I made a stupid mistake. I couldn't find the directions (they blended in with the box... anyway) so I plugged it into my computer without having I-tunes already installed. Of course, My Ipod became corrupt.

The first time I tried to fix it, I tunes wouldn't recognize that I had an Ipod.

I restarted my computer, and tried again. This time, It found the I-pod, recognized it as corrupt, tried to fix it, but couldn't download the proper file.

I tried this one more time (restarted my computer etc) and this time everything went through just fine.

I synced up all the files I wanted, but I realized I had the same songs in two separate files so I tried to delete one file. Now, I did this before I unplugged my I pod and in the process of removing the songs from I tunes, My comp froze and without thinking, I restarted.

My Ipod became corrupted again.

This time, It is rarely even recognized, and when it is, it can not find the proper file to restore it "There was a problem downloading the software for the iPod "ipod". The requested resource was not found"

I've tried everything I could find in other threads and none of it has worked.

things I've tried:
-Changing USB ports
-restarting my computer
-Different computer
-the 5 R's
-Praying to God [I figured it wouldn't hurt :)]
-Hp formating (the program)

I'm in desperate need of help. I really don't want to returen my ipod the day after I got it."

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Somewhere out there is a person just like me.... and i bet that he's boring as hell too.

no drugs were used in the making of this art
red_wyrn on

• Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It sounds like you've done everything. Apple will be more than happy to "repair" your iPod if you cannot get it to work. Take it back to the apple store or wherever you got it from and ask for an exchange.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    red_wyrnred_wyrn Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Thanks for the reply, even if it wasn't what I was hoping to get. I suppose I'll bring it back today.

red_wyrn on
    Somewhere out there is a person just like me.... and i bet that he's boring as hell too.

no drugs were used in the making of this art
  • Options
    SuckafishSuckafish Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Isn't there a button combination on all ipods that returns them to the factory default settings? I'm not sure if that is what you mean by "the 5 R's".

Suckafish on