As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

APB Stuffed Squirrel

apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited May 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
This may be a strange request.

For Christmas this past year we got our dogs a set of stuffed toys. It was a little tree with three squirrels. One of our dogs thought it was ok, the other one fell in love with the squirrels. She drags them around the house, drops them on peoples feet to get them to throw it, and is really the cutest thing in the whole wide world.

When the first squirrel died we set out to find replacements. Nothing we have tried has had the same success. However, at one pet store in Calgary we found some in the dog cages. We asked, and they USED to sell them separate from any set. These squirrels are out there.

To understand why I would go to such length for a stupid fucking dog toy you need to understand how cute the dog in question is. You can do that here.

So, have you seen this squirrel? Do you know where I can get some/many?

photo-11.jpg

猿も木から落ちる
apotheos on

• Options
    thatnerdyguythatnerdyguy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well, that is a pretty awesome looking dog.

From what I can tell looking at the photo, the set in question is this here. It's made by a company called Multipet, and looking at their website, they don't make the set any more, or it's at least not in there catalogue any longer. However, the site linked above has the whole set for $10 US, so I suppose you could grab another entire set.

Edit: I got bad information somewhere. They're actually made by a company called Kyjen. Here's the page in their catalogue. They have part numbers listed for the individual squirrels as well as links to distributors where you can buy their stuff, so you should be able to find one in the UK. (That is where you are, right?)

Edit edit: These people sell replacements for $5.99.
    *flex*

thatnerdyguy on
  • Options
    Akilae729Akilae729 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Buy a shit ton of them so you have them for a long ass time.

My dog obsessed with this one mini soccer ball so we just bought like 20 of them, and for 8 years now, he still carries one around fucking everywhere.

Akilae729 on
    signaturebighe7.jpg
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm wondering if those replacements are individuals, or a set. Seeing as the $10 set with the tree contains three of them.

This thread turned out more wonderfully than I could have possibly imagined.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    apotheos wrote: »
    I'm wondering if those replacements are individuals, or a set. Seeing as the $10 set with the tree contains three of them.

This thread turned out more wonderfully than I could have possibly imagined.

It looks like the replacements are one for $5.99. It would be much cheaper to buy a bunch of the 3pack sets.

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin