As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can't start a starcraft campaign

GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm having the hardest time starting a starcraft campaign... I try to pick the first campaign (protoss on the expansion or terran on vanilla) and I can select it but nothing happens. When I try one of the other ones it says something like, you really should complete campaign x first, do you really want to start on this one? And if I hit ok, it doesn't do anything.. again.... anyone got any ideas? I think I can load a game.

steam_sig.png
Grundlterror on

• Options
    PirateJonPirateJon Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Is it patched?

PirateJon on
    all perfectionists are mediocre in their own eyes
  • Options
    gneGnegneGne Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Are you sure you are clicking the right one? Vanilla is supposed to start with Terran.

gneGne on
    pasigcopyox6.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Yes it's patched.. the only thing I can think of is that I got a launcher b/c I can't find my broodwars expansion CD. I tried playing it with the regular starcraft disc but it still didn't work. And yes I play on battle.net so it's definitely patched.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    gneGne wrote: »
    Are you sure you are clicking the right one? Vanilla is supposed to start with Terran.
    I try to pick the first campaign (protoss on the expansion or terran on vanilla)

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Can anyone make a save and then I can maybe load it or something? I'm not sure what I can do =( It makes the click noise but doesn't start the campaign.

Edit: I tried to play online and couldn't do that either. Just going to reinstall. Please lock thread. Guess I'll have to find my b-wars cd =(

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PirateJonPirateJon Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    only thing I can think of is that I got a launcher b/c I can't find my broodwars expansion CD.

I may have found your problem.

PirateJon on
    all perfectionists are mediocre in their own eyes
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    PirateJon wrote: »
    only thing I can think of is that I got a launcher b/c I can't find my broodwars expansion CD.

I may have found your problem.

Yeah I'm not sure what happened. It worked for a while, I could play on battle.net. Then I thought I just couldn't start campaigns.. but I couldn't play on b-net either. The application data couldn't be verified or something. Oh well, I recently moved and I'm pretty sure I just left my broodwars CD at my parents house, so no harm no foul. Since SC2 was announced I might as well just play through the entire original and expansion in order again... and I started on the original last night.

Might as well lock the thread, I don't have the problem anymore

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I believe the latest patch (which came out a week ago or so) broke the launchers.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Smasher wrote: »
    I believe the latest patch (which came out a week ago or so) broke the launchers.

There we go, that explains it :P

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png