As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Starcraft

ubernekouberneko Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Games and Technology
I hope this is the right place to put this, sorry if it's not!

Recently some friends of mine and I have been playing Starcraft (without Brood War) and playing mostly against the AI. It's a lot of fun.

Except that I suck. Horribly.

I am not too sure what it is I am doing. I think I am just bad at remembering to upgrade stuff all the time, or I don't build enough gateways/bunkers/hatcheries. I really just can't figure it out. My friends aren't amazing at the game, but they are WAAAAY better than me. They are able to create gigantic armies without trouble. I, on the other hand, usually need them to send a bunch of their guys to my base in the very beginning of the game so that I don't get trampled right off the bat. I really can't figure out what it is about me. I can create 150-200 units and send them to attack the enemy, but they get destroyed. I can build a huge air force but that gets annihilated. It seems that I am naturally just bad at this game, but I am good at other RTS's like Command & Conquer (been a fan since the first), Total Annihilation, Supreme Commander, Company of Heroes, Rise of Nations, so I don't think it's that I just suck at RTS's.

Does anyone have any tips on what is a good building scheme to use for defense, or how to basically just create a massive army?

uberneko on

This discussion has been closed.