As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vista business version any good for game? Free!

EliteLamerEliteLamer __BANNED USERS regular
edited May 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
The only version my school gives for free is Windows Vista business. I don't know anything about Vista so what is the difference between home and business? Is it better?

SEGA
p561852.jpg
EliteLamer on

• Options
    PhilodoxPhilodox Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I was in the same boat, I got vista business for free. Vista Business is no better or worse than the other editions for gaming. That being said, you get almost universally higher frame rates in XP.

Philodox on
    That's a Freudian mansex if I ever cocked one.
    twinsbanneroq0.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    They also offer Xp Pro but the catch is I can only get one copy of each software and I have more then one computer.

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Each version of Vista is the same as the one just below it except with a few more features enabled. If you're not going to use the features, you don't need to pay extra. But if it's free, eh, whatever.

But do use XP on whichever machine you plan to play video games on.

Vista is a whore.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    The only machine that can take Vista is the machine I am building to play games

They also offer Xp Pro

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Use the free XP Pro on your new box, just keep whatever you've got on your old box.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Does anyone know how the education version work? Also, what is a Lab Install?

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg