As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Gamer giveaway?

asdfffasdfff Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Penny Arcade Games
Don't know if the mag is out yet, but I see a most interesting thing...giveaway and a chance to be part of PA? Awesome. Does anyone have details like what they're giving away, or the URL for entering?

asdfff on

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    where do you see this?

Xaquin on
  • Options
    asdfffasdfff Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    At the bottom of the PC gamer covers (PC Gamer's own mockups, at least) it says "Giveaway! 60 autographed PA goodies! Get your face into the next game see page 29"

So if anyone posts scans up of the PA feature, please also scan and put up "page 29".

asdfff on
  • Options
    graphicsgodgraphicsgod Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Nice catch! Didn't notice that till you mentioned it.

Rob

graphicsgod on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    asdfff wrote: »
    So if anyone posts scans up of the PA feature, please also scan and put up "page 29".

Please don't. Magazine scans are not kosher.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    There is indeed a contest.

Grand Prize:
    PAX + Meet N' Greet + You in Episode 2.

Now, do I tell you how to enter or keep the precious information for myself? :D

Entry:

Pertinent Information (Name, Address, Phone #) in an email addressed to contests@pcgamer.com with the subject "Penny Arcade FTW!"

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm already in the first one.
    Yay for the character creation tool :P

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hmphh, I'm assuming it's US citizens only? We never get any good contests :(

Ten on
  • Options
    strike_the_tripstrike_the_trip Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Here's what the contest ad says verbatim [items in brackets are added by me]:

---

WIN STUFF!

Ten lucky winners will walk away from this issue of PC Gamer [No. 163: July 2007; Vol. 14, #70] with a Penny Arcade mega prize pack! That's signed copies of Volumes One, Two, and Three of the Penny Arcade books, two limited-edition laser-cels of PA art, and a five-DVD set of the PAX 2005 documentary. But wait, there's more...

GRAND PRIZE
    One lucky winner will fly to PAX 2007 in Seattle, Washington (airfare and hotel paid for) to meet the creators of Penny Arcade! Then, you'll be drawn in Penny Arcade style and live on forever as a character in Penny Arcade Adventures: On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Episode II. How's that for bragging rights?

To enter, send an email with "Penny Arcade FTW!" in the subject line to contests@pcgamer.com. Include your full name, age, phone number and mailing address.

Fine Print: By acceptance of the prize, the winner hereby agrees to allow Hothead Games to include his or her name and/or likeness, or a caricature of him or her based on his or her photograph, within the game called "Penny Arcade Adventures: On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness," without further compensation and without the need for any approval or consent by the winner. Only one entry per person permitted. Contest ends July 5, 2007.

Additional Contest Rules: No purchase is necessary. Only one entry per household, per month, will be counted [contrary to that and stated above, you can only enter once]. Anyone can enter, but only U.S. residents are eligible to win prizes, and offer is void in FL, RI, Puerto Rico, and where prohibited by law. Your chances of winning depend of the number of entries [PC Gamer] receives. Failure to follow the rules will result in instant disqualification. Canadian law prohibits those readers from entering.

---

There you have it: no purchase necessary and you basically have to be a U.S. citizen who doesn't reside in RI, FL, or PR.

strike_the_trip on
  • Options
    graphicsgodgraphicsgod Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    There you have it: no purchase necessary and you basically have to be a U.S. citizen who doesn't reside in RI, FL, or PR.

DAMNIT! I live in Florida.... Well nobody would want to see my ugly mug any way, since I look like Frank from the strip ;).

Rob

graphicsgod on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    No that this would make you feel better, but I already live in Seattle - a lot closer to PAX than the PA offices, too.

strike_the_trip on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Anybody else have trouble sending the email? I got mine bounced with the message:
    PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 13): 550 5.2.1 <contest@pcgamer.com>... Mailbox disabled for this recipient

This does note bode well.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'd check the mag and make sure it's not contestS@pcgamer.com with an S, because IIRC that's what I read.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Ahh, see, I don't have the mag, I was just going off of what strike said and couldn't find anything on the pcgamer site about it. At least not without the kind of indepth hunting of a graphics heavy game site that would be frowned upon at work. I'll try that other addy.
    Thanks

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Yikes, sorry about that. EvilBadman is correct. Talk about the worst case scenario for typos...

I made the appropriate edit in my OP.

strike_the_trip on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    I like how they worded it to imply that as a Canadian, if I enter, I've broken the law.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Anyone can enter, but only U.S. residents are eligible to win prizes,

Then why? How about, "Only U.S. residents should bother entering, you foreign devils!"

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    apotheos wrote: »
    I like how they worded it to imply that as a Canadian, if I enter, I've broken the law.
    Heh, I didn't notice that. You're right. It's not even if we win, there's incarceration for entering.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    hmmm...

I dunno if I want to give anyone else the rights to my likeness...

Evander on
  • Options
    MadbanMadban Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I would give them the rights to my likeness!

Actually, let me rephrase this.... I WILL give them the rights to my likeness.

=)

Yep, I got the grand prize!!!

I didn't believe it at first. It's still hard to believe.

It is one of those "Big Things" that you never think will happen to one.
    I'm still in a daze....

Madban on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2007
    Congrats!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Grats =)