As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Headphone cable

SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGamingRegistered User regular
edited May 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I have an amazing pair of HD580 sennheiser headphones, but lately the sound has been dropping out in the left headphone. I've discovered that fiddling with the wire makes it come back, but this is quite annoying. Anyone aware of a place I can get a replacement? The first place I saw online had a "cheap" one for a hundred bucks!

SniperGuy on

• Options
    AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    AtomBomb on
    I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Indeed. Awesome, thanks.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    It's most likely just a broken solder point. Open up the headphone and you'll probably find you don't need anything new, you just need to re-solder the connection.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    the very thought of opening these up terrifies me. And the headphones themselves aren't the problem. The cord is loose, as if I fiddle with the end of it it works. Might have something disconnected in the cord itself too.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    ClipseClipse Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Just in case you haven't ordered yet, the HD 650 Cable is backwards compatible with the 580's, and a bit less pricey.

Clipse on