Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Guild Wars

2456713

Posts

  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Stealthc wrote: »
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I sort of agree, it lacks the social element of WoW, but the trade is a good one - like the quest where you kill the Charr battalion outside of Piken Square, and forever after that they're gone. You never have to worry about them again.

    Should point out that if you don't take the quest they'll never be there to begin with :P


    I've just left KCHS, I'm now in Onslaught of Xen for many gvgs. Friend Stealth Crusader for mega fun times.

    Perrsun has joined Reign of Xen.

    IGN: Multiple Entendre, if anyone gives a poop.

    Also, why am I getting the urge to start a PvE ele? Not just that, why am I thinking of starting in Prophecies?

  • DarmakDarmak Godking of the Snerkywizards Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Perrsun wrote: »
    Stealthc wrote: »
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I sort of agree, it lacks the social element of WoW, but the trade is a good one - like the quest where you kill the Charr battalion outside of Piken Square, and forever after that they're gone. You never have to worry about them again.

    Should point out that if you don't take the quest they'll never be there to begin with :P


    I've just left KCHS, I'm now in Onslaught of Xen for many gvgs. Friend Stealth Crusader for mega fun times.

    Perrsun has joined Reign of Xen.

    IGN: Multiple Entendre, if anyone gives a poop.

    Also, why am I getting the urge to start a PvE ele? Not just that, why am I thinking of starting in Prophecies?

    I don't know about you, but while Nightfall had so much better stuff in it (better pacing, Heros, etc.), I like Prophecies the most. I love the setting and storyline more than Factions and Nightfall. Though I like them too, I'm just saying.

    PIZTDhW.jpg
  • chronoboundgearchronoboundgear Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I liked the story mode, but I haven't played in forever and would have no idea where to go (or even what my name is) which is unfortunate because I'd like to play with some of you here. I have too many other games to play and need to start working out instead though.

    Xbox 360 Tag: Earthbound King

    Every fights a food fight when you're a cannibal.
  • gneGnegneGne Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Kami wrote: »
    Hhmm.

    Fine. I'll reinstall Guild Wars! Damn yous guys.

    What is your IGN dude?

    pasigcopyox6.jpg
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Darmak wrote: »
    Perrsun wrote: »
    Stealthc wrote: »
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I sort of agree, it lacks the social element of WoW, but the trade is a good one - like the quest where you kill the Charr battalion outside of Piken Square, and forever after that they're gone. You never have to worry about them again.

    Should point out that if you don't take the quest they'll never be there to begin with :P


    I've just left KCHS, I'm now in Onslaught of Xen for many gvgs. Friend Stealth Crusader for mega fun times.

    Perrsun has joined Reign of Xen.

    IGN: Multiple Entendre, if anyone gives a poop.

    Also, why am I getting the urge to start a PvE ele? Not just that, why am I thinking of starting in Prophecies?

    I don't know about you, but while Nightfall had so much better stuff in it (better pacing, Heros, etc.), I like Prophecies the most. I love the setting and storyline more than Factions and Nightfall. Though I like them too, I'm just saying.

    I feel ya on that. The Tyria storyline is great... Factions seemed so pointless and lame that I never even bothered finishing it... the one character I started in Factions that I kept... well, he caught the first boat to Lion's Arch and got himself a "Protector of Tyria" title. Never even bought Nightfall because the classes looked unappealing and Factions was such a disappointing campaign.

    Love GW, but am kinda burned out on it at the moment... I'll definitely be back for Eye of the North, maybe sooner if I start to miss it.

    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • SabanSaban Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Nightfall is awesome, although the classes are kinda meh.

    371839-1.png
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sooo have they announced any new GuildWars 2 info lately?

    jkZziGc.png
  • DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I've played this during the open beta weekends, and then maybe half a year ago on someone elses account. Just went through a little bit of Prophecies. Now I'm actually considering just picking up Nightfall from EB for myself, and the FAQ on the website did a good job answering most of my questions.

    However, what classes are available if you ONLY have Nightfall. I know it comes with the Dervish and Paragon, but do you have access to the ones in Prophecies as well - or are those not specific to it?

    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • SabanSaban Registered User
    edited June 2007
    the 6 prophecies classes and most of their skills are considered "Core" classes/skills, available to all campaigns. so nightfall gets you 8 classes, same with factions.

    but if you're going to buy nightfall you'll already have prophecies if you add them to the same account

    371839-1.png
  • WallhitterWallhitter Registered User
    edited June 2007
    I sometimes play when bored.

  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ravenlock wrote: »
    It is worth noting that Guild Wars: Nightfall is a sweet $25 at EB this weekend for their 25-50% off sale. If you have either of the others but not Nightfall (or if somebody is jumping into this thread without owning any of them), at that price Nightfall is definitely a good buy. <img class=" title=":mrgreen:" class="bbcode_smiley" />




    OH GOD! THAT WAS ONLY THIS WEEKEND!?!?!?! I PASSED ON $20 CE FFXII AND $14 new KINGDOM HEARTS 2? (wasn't too interested to pick them up right away)



    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    Oh well, Half Price books its is.

  • StealthcStealthc Registered User
    edited June 2007
    I think I may have to transfer out of OoX, it's ironic that I left KCHS because 80% of the time I was the only one online only to join OoX where I'm the only one online 90% of the time because of the timezone difference.

    They seem to have this roster where they GvG at these times every day which happens to be at about 7:30 in the morning for me...

    To be honest, for the amount of questioning and interviewing they do they're not exactly that highly ranked (1070...) hell i could probably easily get into the core of a GvG team with a rank higher than their top ranked GvG team (600 or so)

  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ravenlock wrote: »
    It is worth noting that Guild Wars: Nightfall is a sweet $25 at EB this weekend for their 25-50% off sale. If you have either of the others but not Nightfall (or if somebody is jumping into this thread without owning any of them), at that price Nightfall is definitely a good buy. <img class=" title=":mrgreen:" class="bbcode_smiley" />




    OH GOD! THAT WAS ONLY THIS WEEKEND!?!?!?! I PASSED ON $20 CE FFXII AND $14 new KINGDOM HEARTS 2? (wasn't too interested to pick them up right away)



    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    Oh well, Half Price books its is.

    I think those prices are supposed to be good for 3 weeks after that weekend. Check their website, the prices were good there as well.

  • zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ok, so myself and a friend are going to roll up a pair of characters in Nightfall, and duo through the campaign with the help of heroes. Ideally, around the time that we finish with Nightfall, Eye of the North will be out and we'll be able to go through that expansion as well.

    The only issue is that I'm having a hard time deciding on a class. One thing that I'm drawn to is rare classes. Anyone know what are the rarest classes?

    Also, any advice on things to absolutely not miss on your first playthrough of Nightfall (like Rez signet in prophecies)?

  • AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    For the 'rarest' class, try Paragons. I haven't seen any in PvP (save for GvG and HA Paraspike), though it may be a different situation in PvE.

    paDudSig.jpg
  • CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I could never get into the PvE of Guild Wars and it really killed the game for me, and this is coming from someone on an RP/PvP server in WoW.

    I do have to say that the Mesmer is one of the coolest classes of any game ever to be designed. Their whole purpose is to make your life not have one, what's not to love?

    Sadly with my Me/Mo I'd really end up having to do more Mo'ing then Me'ing. :(

    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • mrgilmoreanmrgilmorean Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    I feel ya on that. The Tyria storyline is great... Factions seemed so pointless and lame that I never even bothered finishing it... the one character I started in Factions that I kept... well, he caught the first boat to Lion's Arch and got himself a "Protector of Tyria" title. Never even bought Nightfall because the classes looked unappealing and Factions was such a disappointing campaign.


    I thought the Prophecies storyline was terrible myself. It was nice to see an MMO other than FFXI have cutscenes but the plot was poorly communicated and, sometimes, barely coherent.
    Spoiler:

    No argument from me about the Factions story. It is indeed lame and by far the worst of the three. Nightfall has the best storyline. It's not going to win any awards but it is coherent and occasionally interesting. Paragon and Dervish aren't my favorite classes either but the new skills introduced by Nightfall and the heroes made it the best campaign overall.

  • RookRook Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Can't really understand the love for prophecies as it's so terrible. But Nightfall, I even watched some of the cut-scenes more than once, at least the funny ones, definitely a massive leap in terms of both story and voice acting quality.

  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I've only just started playing my Dervish/Paragon, but I think those classes are great, not really sure what people don't like about them.

    But yeah, Prophecies storyline was crap. SO many loose ends. And such a crappy ending.

  • mrgilmoreanmrgilmorean Registered User
    edited June 2007
    I don't know about other people, but Paragon turned out a bit disappointing to me. I played it to the end of Istan but I just got bored with the class. I share an account with my boyfriend and he had made a Dervish so I didn't but I did find it pretty fun.

    The worst part of Prophecies is that there are no real rewards after the final mission. Extra quests don't really count if all they give is more XP (does anyone ever really need more XP by the time they hit that point?).

  • Vangu VegroVangu Vegro Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Eye of the North dungeon trailer:

    http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=4607

    In my PC: Ryzom, Rayman Legends, Civilization V, The Old Republic
    In my 3DS: Mario & Luigi DTB, AC New Leaf
    Last game completed: Rayman Legends
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't know about other people, but Paragon turned out a bit disappointing to me. I played it to the end of Istan but I just got bored with the class. I share an account with my boyfriend and he had made a Dervish so I didn't but I did find it pretty fun.

    The worst part of Prophecies is that there are no real rewards after the final mission. Extra quests don't really count if all they give is more XP (does anyone ever really need more XP by the time they hit that point?).

    That really is the worst thing. I'm like, "Wow, I have a quest that gives 10,000xp, and one that gives 20,000 xp that I can do. Too bad I reached level 20 in the middle of the goddamn desert. How about some real rewards, like some Elite skills? You're offering to pay me in wooden nickels for about 10 hours of tedium."

  • ze swift classze swift class Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Guys, guys...

    The real reward is playing the game.

    Spoiler:

  • KreutzKreutz Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Eye of the North dungeon trailer:

    http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=4607

    A significant amount of that dungeon looks like Sorrow's Furnace, and the rest looks like the underground portions of Factions with portals shipped in from Nightfall. Hopefully the story will be good.

  • mrgilmoreanmrgilmorean Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Guys, guys...

    The real reward is playing the game.

    Not disagreeing with you there but by that point PvE was getting old for me ny that point and I needed a little more of a carrot. I do like PvP (especially as a Mesmer) but I wish Hall of Heroes wasn't so dependent on being in a well-oiled guild or a very specifically built team. I would love it if Arenanet made it like Hero Battles where there was a choice between playing for a reward and playing just for the fun of it. Most times, pick-up groups have no chance of getting anywhere. I don't really care so much about the Guild Hall token as much as getting a chance to battle on some of the later HoH maps.

    I am sorta feeling a little better about the expansion after seeing the trailer. The areas look varied enough and are quite impressive. The portals look very Stargate but I guess I can live with that.

    My favorite part of the games is the art design actually. Anyone else share that?

  • ze swift classze swift class Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Guys, guys...

    The real reward is playing the game.
    My favorite part of the games is the art design actually. Anyone else share that?

    Yep. I secretly hope the art team leaves and go to other games that I would rather play, but that's not gonna happen.

  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't know about other people, but Paragon turned out a bit disappointing to me. I played it to the end of Istan but I just got bored with the class. I share an account with my boyfriend and he had made a Dervish so I didn't but I did find it pretty fun.

    The worst part of Prophecies is that there are no real rewards after the final mission. Extra quests don't really count if all they give is more XP (does anyone ever really need more XP by the time they hit that point?).

    you get skill points with xp instead of levels; so it helps, yes.

    Steam.gif Galedrid - WoW.gif Benediction - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367
    Origin.png Galedrid - FFXI.png Kingshand - FFXIV.png Galedrid Kingshand
    360.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    hey, anyone who has the downloadable soundtrack(s), is there a way to get rid of the shitty DRM crap so that I can burn it to a CD and/or put it on my MP3 player? Even with the license it won't play on my player.

    Steam.gif Galedrid - WoW.gif Benediction - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367
    Origin.png Galedrid - FFXI.png Kingshand - FFXIV.png Galedrid Kingshand
    360.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
  • mrgilmoreanmrgilmorean Registered User
    edited June 2007
    By the end of Prophecies I had about 60 skill points left though. I had already bought/captured most of my primary and secondary jobs' skills too. I suppose I could have always unlocked skills for other secondaries but I didn't need them.

    I hope the new armor sets that are coming with the expansion aren't all 15k sets. I know it's sad but none of my characters are very rich.

  • gneGnegneGne Registered User
    edited June 2007
    Dammit, gais... gimme your IGNs!

    Im getting closer to leaving Newb Isle!

    pasigcopyox6.jpg
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I rarely play even though I just picked up Nightfall (25 bucks at EB gameday) but my IGNs are:

    Citrine Trakand (necro/ranger - prophesy) lvl 15
    Mayene Trakand (warrior/monk - prophesy) lvl 15
    Solaria Trakand (sorcerer/mesmer - prophesy) lvl 17
    Sayyadina Trakand (dervish - nightfall) lvl 3

    Yes i know I'm not very creative.

    Steam.gif Galedrid - WoW.gif Benediction - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367
    Origin.png Galedrid - FFXI.png Kingshand - FFXIV.png Galedrid Kingshand
    360.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
  • DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I got a question for everyone.

    I just bought Nightfall. This is the only version of the game I have ever bought - so I should only have access to the Nightfall content right?

    However, I played in some of the open beta and the free play weekends, so I used the same account I had created for those, and added my Nightfall key to it. It looks however, that now, I have access to both Nightfall and Prophecies, as I was able to create a character in Prophecies and run around and do quests, with no mention of a trial - plus the trial for Prophecies and Factions were a separate key I'd need to add to the account.

    So by some glitch did me playing in the beta and free weekends unlock prophecies for me, despite only purchasing and owning Nightfall? Because it appears that way.

    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • ze swift classze swift class Registered User
    edited June 2007
    DHS Odium wrote: »
    I got a question for everyone.

    I just bought Nightfall. This is the only version of the game I have ever bought - so I should only have access to the Nightfall content right?

    However, I played in some of the open beta and the free play weekends, so I used the same account I had created for those, and added my Nightfall key to it. It looks however, that now, I have access to both Nightfall and Prophecies, as I was able to create a character in Prophecies and run around and do quests, with no mention of a trial - plus the trial for Prophecies and Factions were a separate key I'd need to add to the account.

    So by some glitch did me playing in the beta and free weekends unlock prophecies for me, despite only purchasing and owning Nightfall? Because it appears that way.

    I think the character you made from prophecies beta still exists, but can't be used to play with unless you buy the retail version. While the Nightfall character can do everything in Nightfall, and only Nightfall until you buy the other chapters.

  • endlosnullendlosnull Registered User
    edited June 2007
    I wish I could get back into Guild Wars. Great times in KCHS... (spirit fags olol)

    The one complaint I had was the community focused on rank if you wanted to get into a good pub for HoH which brought a Catch 22 dilemma if you didn't do HoH with your guild. "So I'm rank 3, I get a higher rank if I do HoH..." "Aren't rank 6? Go fuck yourself." "Well shit, how do I get to rank 6 then, dick?" :|

    sig02.jpg
  • DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    DHS Odium wrote: »
    I got a question for everyone.

    I just bought Nightfall. This is the only version of the game I have ever bought - so I should only have access to the Nightfall content right?

    However, I played in some of the open beta and the free play weekends, so I used the same account I had created for those, and added my Nightfall key to it. It looks however, that now, I have access to both Nightfall and Prophecies, as I was able to create a character in Prophecies and run around and do quests, with no mention of a trial - plus the trial for Prophecies and Factions were a separate key I'd need to add to the account.

    So by some glitch did me playing in the beta and free weekends unlock prophecies for me, despite only purchasing and owning Nightfall? Because it appears that way.

    I think the character you made from prophecies beta still exists, but can't be used to play with unless you buy the retail version. While the Nightfall character can do everything in Nightfall, and only Nightfall until you buy the other chapters.

    Well, actually, when I logged on, my beta character did still exist. I deleted him, then created another character on Prophecies and ran around a bit. I haven't touched a character class or anything from Nightfall yet.

    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It'll only work for a while. It did the same thing when I got a limited Nightfall key, but suddenly stopped after a few days.

    steam_sig.png
  • GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    endlosnull wrote: »
    I wish I could get back into Guild Wars. Great times in KCHS... (spirit fags olol)

    The one complaint I had was the community focused on rank if you wanted to get into a good pub for HoH which brought a Catch 22 dilemma if you didn't do HoH with your guild. "So I'm rank 3, I get a higher rank if I do HoH..." "Aren't rank 6? Go fuck yourself." "Well shit, how do I get to rank 6 then, dick?" :|

    Yeah, it didn't used to be like that long ago. Some idiots started thinking that rank matters, and I'll agree it does some but you'll still get a whole lot of jerks with a high rank. Which is why it's better to do it with guilds... but the problem there is finding an active guild.

    XBL/PSN: Qamel NNI: Quamel 3DS Code: 0774 4249 8305
    PAX East 2014 Omeganaut
    http://www.pinnypals.com/?tab=pals&username=geod
  • SabanSaban Registered User
    edited June 2007
    If anyone of you PvE'rs need help with anything, my IGN is Saban the Marksman, i can probably lend a hand.

    371839-1.png
  • WallhitterWallhitter Registered User
    edited June 2007
    I have a PVE Assassin/Ranger. Kinda shitty against stronger melee types, but absolutely anal-rapes spellcasters.

  • SabanSaban Registered User
    edited June 2007
    assassins rape my ranger pretty hard, lightning reflexes doesnt do shit.

    toss some dirt in their eyes and they run off though.

    371839-1.png
Sign In or Register to comment.