As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Show: Traveler

BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
USE SPOILER TAGS. Some people may just be coming in to see what others thought of it before they check it out. We shouldn't ruin the show for them.

The pilot episode aired tonight and just finished. At least it did in Canada.

The ABC website has this to say about the show:
How well do you know your friends? Would you bet your life on it? After spending every minute of the last two years living, working, and partying together, grad-school students Jay Burchell, Tyler Fog and Will Traveler depart on a cross-country road trip. But when an innocent prank at one of New York's oldest art museums coincides with the bombing of the iconic building, Jay and Tyler are blamed for the terrorist attack and realize that their "friend" Will may have been the one who framed them. Unable to find Will or any evidence that the Will Traveler they knew even existed, Jay and Tyler are forced to flee the city and go on the run.

Now, hunted by the F.B.I. as domestic terrorists, the friends must rely on each other to elude capture, while trying desperately to prove their innocence by answering two questions -- Who is Will Traveler? Why did he do this to them? Jay and Tyler search for clues both in the present and the past, and slowly unravel a conspiracy that involves their friends and family members and calls into question the very nature of American democracy.

So far, I'm intrigued. Some of the 'twists' in the episode were pretty transparent, while others weren't. I don't recognize any of the actors but I think they did a decent job. I'll probably give it a couple more episodes to see where they go with it. It seems to be pretty tied up in conspiracies, but the audience has no idea who is pulling the strings.

Did anyone else catch it?

BlazeFire on

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    They aired it here last week; it was alright, but I thought the setup was lame.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Not that I even knew this show existed until now, but: this is one of my TV pet peeves. Matching and contrived show titles and character names. (Another example is 'Tru Calling'.)

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »

The setup being the museum bombing? Or just that this guy they have lived with for two years is not on any records anywhere?

BlazeFire on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    Elkamil wrote: »

The setup being the museum bombing? Or just that this guy they have lived with for two years is not on any records anywhere?

#2.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    BuchwaldBuchwald Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    so wait, do they time travel or some shit?

Buchwald on
    "That theory is just the looniest of a whole bunch of complete nonsense that is spouted by Amanda Winn Lee and her cohorts in the Audio Commentary."
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Just sounds like a conspiracy/chase/whodunnit show. I haven't watched Jailbreak, but I assume it's similar.

devoir on
  • Options
    crocodilemachinecrocodilemachine Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Eh, I thought it was pretty cool. I mean in a post 9-11 world this is pretty close to pushing the envelope as far as limits with network tele goes.
    So I know I missed the last episode but I was sorta wondering if anyone could tell me what happens in the second
    I mean I saw the previews for the second one where Tyler's dad apparently is working with the government/? to turn them in...What went down?

crocodilemachine on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    They made it to Elysium (Fog Senior's retreat), there was a guy from a fixer firm there (who I know from Stargate SG-1... but he's bald now...) who made them take a polygraph to find out what they know about the bombing and Will. This guy takes them supposedly to catch a plane to Europe, shoots a sheriff along the way, the two guys bail, manage to capture the shooter, and steal his car to drive off into episode 3.

The girlfriend of Jay, Kim, is taken in for questioning by the FBI. Marlow (the black female FBI agent) apparently has some sort of screwup in her past cases, which is brought up when she tries to bring up that it seems unlikely that two grad students could have pulled off a bombing of the kind that did happen.

About 4 flashbacks to previous events, setting background with Will, Tyler, Jay and Kim.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    So, anyone else still watching this? Anyone like the ending of episode 7? Anyone hoping that it gets renewed for another season after episode 8 (the last episode of this arc)?

devoir on