Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Strange & Embarrassing Moments Mk. II

• DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2005
    If they hit the top floor button first doesn't it go there first?

Maybe I'm thinking of older elevators though, don't have much opportunity to use one lately since they suck.

Either way, if someone was calling the lift, itd stop there although they'd blame the smell on him.

...it's in the shape of a giant c**k.
  • AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    Doc wrote:
    Elendil wrote:
    Ah, I find this one absolutely hilarious. Okay, so, I have a crazy family. Good crazy, and this particular event has to do with my uncles.

My two uncles, lets call them rich and jimbo(any one with that name has to be kick ass anyway) were in an elevator and they were acting like kids and pressing all the buttons (they're like 50) for the next elevator rider. SO after they press the buttons, my uncle jimbo lets one loose in the elevator(of course) just as this one guy walks in. They quickly walk out, turn around, and see the guy, with a horrified look on his face, try and frantically leave the elevator as it shuts right in his face (and having pressed all the buttons) leaving the guy to endure that smell for over 40 floors.

D:

...he could have just got off at the next floor and caught the next elevator.

He could have, but the look on his face was priceless. It was very contorted. (yes I was there, I was 10 at the time)

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    Ah, I find this one absolutely hilarious. Okay, so, I have a crazy family. Good crazy, and this particular event has to do with my uncles.

My two uncles, lets call them rich and jimbo(any one with that name has to be kick ass anyway) were in an elevator and they were acting like kids and pressing all the buttons (they're like 50) for the next elevator rider. SO after they press the buttons, my uncle jimbo lets one loose in the elevator(of course) just as this one guy walks in. They quickly walk out, turn around, and see the guy, with a horrified look on his face, try and frantically leave the elevator as it shuts right in his face (and having pressed all the buttons) leaving the guy to endure that smell for over 40 floors.

:lol:

FmyY1Op.png
    edited November 2005
    Oh God, I have another good one(In my opinon). This one happened to my friend Jen*. We were at school, and going to the museum of natural history for an art class. Well, we got there and we were all starving. So we go to the food court, and get our food, and after about a half hour of consumption and talking, we decide we should actually go and look at dinosaurs and priimitive people and what not, so Jen gets up,a nd I lean over and take her tray, and notice this HUGE puddle of blood and a slide mark from when she slid out of the booth. Well, I try as hard as I possibly can to supress my laughter, while my friends and I circle around her to hig the huge stain on her pants. We stop for a moment to get situated and to get her...feminine products and we're in a huddled position around her and I couldn't supress it any more and belted out "We got a bleeder!"

Thank God she has the same sense of humor as me. She laughed instead of kicking my ass.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    if there was icon for being sickened to the point of nearly vomitting, I would use it. that is disgusting.

I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
    edited November 2005
    Welp there you go.

If you ask me talking about shitting everywhere isn't quite dandy either.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    Indeed, this thread is much more disgusting and maybe embarassing than strange and embarassing.

I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • gobassgogobassgo Registered User
    edited November 2005
    I was in Math class in January sometime and I was feeling particularly bored that day, so naturally I began to space out. Cut 20 minutes later, I look around, see the chalkboard and my eyes go: :shock:
    I missed quite an important lesson, and had no idea what was going on. I raised my hand and was about to say either "I'm so lost!" or "This is hard!"

Instead, I mashed the two together and yelled to the whole class "Mrs. Dixon, I'M SO HARD"

My friends still quote me about that to this day.

• MartmanMartman Registered User
    edited November 2005
    Oh God, that's perfect.

TheFishF wrote:
    dude you going to answer my question or just say words that make no sence :?
    My Mario Kart DS Friend Code: 051-600-286-877
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2005
    if there was icon for being sickened to the point of nearly vomitting, I would use it. that is disgusting.

Oh, grow up. Jesus.

• NoomNoom Registered User
    edited November 2005
    tynic wrote:

Oh, grow up. Jesus.
    Wtvr bleeder

sig.gif
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    Not embarassing, but somewhat ackward, and definitly a lesson to us all that first appearances can be deceiving.

So I'm at dinner with a bunch of people I've just met, and this 20-something nerdy guy is sitting next to me. While making conversation, I get to this point:

Richy: So what do you do?
    20-something nerdy guy: I'm doing a doctorate.
    Richy: Wow, you look kinda young for a doctorate student. How old are you anyway?
    30-something nerdy guy: I'm over 30, and let's leave it at that.
    Richy: O_o okay...

Later on, I see the guy showing a girl how to do a military salute.

Richy: Hey, what's going on?
    30-something nerdy guy: I'm showing her to salute.
    Richy: ...
    30-something marines guy: I'm a US marines.
    Richy: o_O okay...
    girl: Yeah, she's a marines.
    Richy: She?
    30-something marines girl: Yeah, I'm a girl.
    Richy: :shock: okay...

I don't think I've ever been this off-target about someone.

RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
  • HF-kunHF-kun __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2005
    That gradual transition of how you described the same person was beautiful, Richy.

• MoriartyMoriarty __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2005
    yeah, it was.

so this saturday i was the d.d. at this post-game band party for some of my friends who are in my school's marching band.

party starts around nine or ten and my friends assure me that we'll be leaving no earlier than four in the morning. so i'm drinking in moderation and then i decide to end the drinking at two, with a shot of 151. figure i've got two hours to sober up and i was fine at that point anyway.

so at about quarter past two my friends decide it's time for me to drive their drunk asses home.

so here's the stupid part. and in my defense, before i tell you what retarded thing i did - and you're going to have to take my word on this shit - if there were ever a road on which doing what i did wasn't that stupid of an idea, it was this one. i won't go into it, but it's pretty much a completely straight well-lit backroad that had no other cars on it whatsoever.

anyway, what i did was start driving on the left side of the road, telling everyone in the car, "hey, guys, look how british i am!"

will suck dick for shock images and videos
    edited November 2005
    I think...you need to stop drinking all together... O_o

edited November 2005
    i was fine saturday night. my vision and motor skills weren't noticeably affected.

also, they had this, like, reflex game where if you buzzed in last you got zapped.

i beat all of the d.d.s who hadn't actually been drinking.

so there.

• BrianPhillipsBrianPhillips Registered User
    edited November 2005
    Moriarty wrote:
    i was so bad last night that i think i am done drinking all together.

So much for that I guess.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    I'm the last person to criticize anyone else for driving while inebriated (been there, done that, cell phone users are more dangerous thanks) you do know that a designated driver isn't supposed to drink at all, right?

• QuelrethQuelreth Registered User
    edited November 2005
    Moriarty wrote:

Heh, I think everyone who boozes much says that at least once...

... and breaks it within a month or so.

• RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    Quelreth wrote:
    Moriarty wrote:

Heh, I think everyone who boozes much says that at least once...

... and breaks it within a week.

Fixed.

RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
    edited November 2005
    Moriarty wrote:
    i was so bad last night that i think i am done drinking [excessively] all together.

there. i fixed it.

this is the first weekend in a while that i remember all of. so that's a step in the right direction, at least.

also, yeah, i was pretty much the worst d.d. ever in that i drank. i'd say that my level of inebriation had me driving maybe a little worse than normal (wasn't swerving, but my shifts were a little less smooth - but i wasn't speeding at all, so that's an improvement over the norm), but still better than, say, a female driver.

also, i made a bros-before-hos judgement call last night and didn't take my friend's ex-girlfriend that he still has feelings for home with me. so there. i made a good decision while inebriated.

• edited November 2005
    hey, moriarty, have you caught sherlock holmes yet?

:D

[spoiler:ad4fca47b2]You are pretty beauty when you're drunk. HUUUURRGGGTTTT!!![/spoiler:ad4fca47b2]

• DictatorDictator Registered User
    edited November 2005
    This is more of an Embarising year.

See, I was bored on week, so I decided to go to one of those stupid hay rides that someone in my town is always hosting (in my defence they had free food!) Anyway, I'm there waiting for the free food and this chick comes along and sits by me. I'd never seen her before so I strike up a conversation. Two sentences into the conversation I realized that this chick was INSANE. I don't know what it was, but somewhere in the back of my head a little alarm went off saying "She's nuts! Get out of here!" So I did what I usually do when I want people to go away, I acted, for lack of a better word, like a jackass. But I was TO LATE! She had registed that I was a nice person. She followed me around all night. So I go back to school the next day and realised that I had 5 classes with her. She followed me everywhere! When I got up to blow my nose I would turn around and THERE SHE WAS! It didn't matter how many times I yelled at her to leave me alone and that I wouldn't go out with her. She stalked me all year. so next year I come to school and realize that although she was in a few of my classes, she was no longer stalking me. I later learned that she had come out of the closet that summer. I had a lesbian stalker.

• KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2005
    hey, moriarty, have you caught sherlock holmes yet?

:D

[spoiler:8d6c77c2d3]You are pretty beauty when you're drunk. HUUUURRGGGTTTT!!![/spoiler:8d6c77c2d3]

I ALREADY ASKED HIM THAT YOU LOSE

• GimGim jelly bean carny Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    Dictator wrote:
    I later learned that she had come out of the closet that summer. I had a lesbian stalker.
    Your manliness is so potent, that refusing a woman your masculine charms ruins them for the male gender. High-five.

HmHmoKf.jpg
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against the Irish) Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    Gim wrote:
    Dictator wrote:
    I later learned that she had come out of the closet that summer. I had a lesbian stalker.
    Your manliness is so potent, that refusing a woman your masculine charms ruins them for the male gender. High-five.

Or else he is so girly, that she was just his type.

Origin ID: Null_Cypher
    Thomas-Vail.png
  • TheAlbaniacTheAlbaniac Registered User
    edited November 2005
    edited November 2005
    Moriarty wrote:
    Moriarty wrote:
    i was so bad last night that i think i am done drinking [excessively] all together.

there. i fixed it.

so much for that, i guess.

not to turn this into the "once a week moriarty regales us with some retarded, fucked up thing he did while drinking" thread, but i was fucking retarded the night before thanksgiving.

first off, while i was only sort of drunk, i was hitting on my friend's sister. she mentions that she doesn't like my eyebrow piercing so i take it out. later on, while trying to put it back in, i dropped the barbell down the drain and said fuck it.

so the setting was my friend, her sister, her boss, her co-worker and this other guy from college. everyone expected the college boys to get fucked up or something so they kept egging me on to drink and shit. so i did. i finished all of the alcohol and blacked out. next thing i know, i'm up in the room i'm staying in, everyone's looking at me, telling me to go to bed.

i tell them i need to exercise before i go to bed, because that's what i always do and the whole night i was thinking to myself, "i need to exercise before going to bed." so they tell me no and take my weights away. i tell them yes and get kind of mad. then my friend's boss, this weak, pudgy, short 30-year-old virgin, starts fucking threatening me in order to get me to calm down. i don't know what the fuck his logic was. he tells me that he'll destroy me and call the cops and ruin my life or something. i get really fucking mad. some fat fuck threatening me? fuck that. if i were sober, i would've been pissed. blacked-out drunk i was fucking furious. last thing i remember is getting in his face ready to fight.

next morning i wake up in the bed with dried blood in my nose and face, scraped knuckles, mysterious bruises, a sore face and a throbbing headache and no recollection of anything.

i wake my friend up. turns out what happened was that guy pissed me off so bad that i beat the shit out of him until everyone restrained me. and then i stayed mad and no one could calm me down and i kept wanting to fight and i was really fucking pissed and i was telling everyone to fuck themselves and shit. so they could either fucking call the cops or call my parents to see if they could talk me down over the phone or something. so they call my parents, who are like 300 miles away, and i guess eventually they were able to convince me that they were the voice of my parents and to go to bed or some shit.

so yeah. fucked up pretty good, and am actually done drinking alltogether now. like, srsly guyz.

• MartmanMartman Registered User
    edited November 2005
    That's great and all, but why does it seem like you're justifying beating the shit out of that guy?

TheFishF wrote:
    dude you going to answer my question or just say words that make no sence :?
    My Mario Kart DS Friend Code: 051-600-286-877
  • gibsgibs Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    Moriarty wrote:
    so yeah. fucked up pretty good, and am actually done drinking alltogether now. like, srsly guyz.
    I fucking hope so. Jesus. Stop drinking and/or get some help.

edited November 2005
    Martman wrote:
    That's great and all, but why does it seem like you're justifying beating the shit out of that guy?
    because, while i fucked up majorly, he probably should've tried to calm me down in such a way that didn't involve threatening to "end" me, "destroy" me or "ruin" my life.

i was fine until he did that. like, i was just being silly until people started egging me on and physically attacking me, i'm told.

like, my friend's sister, who was sober, tells me i only got mad after my friend started hitting me for no reason. and then they'd be calming me down and i'd be fine again and then i'd get slapped for no good reason.

• stiliststilist Registered User
    edited November 2005
    Moriarty wrote:
    Martman wrote:
    because, while i fucked up majorly, he probably should've tried to calm me down in such a way that didn't involve threatening to "end" me, "destroy" me or "ruin" my life.

i was fine until he did that. like, i was just being silly until people started egging me on and physically attacking me, i'm told.

like, my friend's sister, who was sober, tells me i only got mad after my friend started hitting me for no reason. and then they'd be calming me down and i'd be fine again and then i'd get slapped for no good reason.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but nobody forced you to get drunk.

I poop things on my site and twitter
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2005
    Moriarty wrote:
    Martman wrote:

Don't forget to use that as your defense when you're brought into court for murder while drunk. You have a serious drink-anger problem, regardless of who started what.

...it's in the shape of a giant c**k.
    edited November 2005
    stilist wrote:
    Moriarty wrote:
    Martman wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but nobody forced you to get drunk.
    actually, i didn't want to get drunk that night, but everyone was like "c'mon, man" and shit.

but you're right: in the end, it was my decision to get drunk. and it was his decision to buy me the liquor. and it was his decision to threaten me with physical violence when i was a) quite clearly blacked out, b) quite clearly prone to getting mad when someone threatened me, as evidenced by earlier in the night and c) quite clearly physically stronger than him.

• RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    being drunk is not an excuse, grow up

Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
    edited November 2005
    Peer preasure isn't an excuse either. This is like th etsuff they teach you in 5th grade.

edited November 2005
    Raneados wrote:
    where am i excusing myself?

edit: yeah, no shit, alice. which is why i said that it was my decision in the end and not theirs.

edited November 2005
    Moriarty wrote:
    Raneados wrote:
    where am i excusing myself?

edit: yeah, no shit, alice. which is why i said that it was my decision in the end and not theirs.

Sorry, I didn't see that part.

• aquabataquabat Registered User
    edited November 2005
    Jesus dude... how can you enjoy getting drunk if thats the sort of shit you do?

• HacksawHacksaw J Duggan Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited November 2005
    Lay off Mori, people. He has repented for his drunk-ness and wishes to make amends.

Besides I've done worse things than he has when drunk.

This discussion has been closed.