As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Getting songs from Ipod to Mac

Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships)Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I have an Ipod video that is synched up with my PC. I use a mac mini at work, and I wanted to transfer my songs to that, along with the song artwork so that I can use that neat Album Artwork screensaver.

I hooked up the Ipod to the Mac just to see what would happen, and it transferred the music I purchased from the Itunes store, but not the rest. How do I get everything else over?

Gabriel_Pitt on

• Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Enable the iPod for disk use (I'm blanking how to on a Mac), disable synching, set iTunes to orgainize your library files/folders, set it to copy items to the iTunes folder when you add something to the library, navigate via Finder to the iPod, find the iPod control folder, open said folder, then just drag everything into your library. iTunes should start copying and renaming all files to your mini's HDD.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I use Senuti. It mounts the iPod and lets you copy whatever you want to your harddrive. It can also copy it directly into iTunes, as well.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast