As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wii on the cover of Fortune magazine

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    That is a pretty legitimate concern for someone who solely plays singleplayer games.

I'd suggest you give Godfather a try, also.... sonic?

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    theSAVED wrote: »
    I'm counting the days till the PS3 and/or 360 come out with a Wii Remote style peripheral controller.

I'm counting the days until the Wii comes out with 360/PS3 style games with substance

Are there any real must have games for the PS3?

I mean there's Resistance... and that dirt track racing game... anything else?

Hey, it's no different than just Zelda and Paper Mario

Hey Keith, stop it. C'mon man, you don't need to come in a thread like this and start a flame war.

I'm not

but saying "I'm waiting for the other systems to copy the controller" when so far the other systems are getting better games is just dumb

Okay, I'll give you that. But now that the Wii's making money, and every company likes money, I'm sure you'll see some variation of the Wii controller in the future on other consoles.

And all systems this gen have been really slack on good games.

These are my choices:
      So yeah, you gotta look critically at other systems too.

urahonky on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm counting the days till the PS3 and/or 360 come out with a Wii Remote style peripheral controller.

I'm counting the days until the Wii comes out with 360/PS3 style games with substance

Hey Keith, stop it. C'mon man, you don't need to come in a thread like this and start a flame war.

I'm not

but saying "I'm waiting for the other systems to copy the controller" when so far the other systems are getting better games is just dumb

Okay, I'll give you that. But now that the Wii's making money, and every company likes money, I'm sure you'll see some variation of the Wii controller in the future on other consoles.

These are my choices:

360:

Dead Rising
    Crackdown

PS3:

Resistance (never played, heard good things)
    Errmm... The wave game?

Wii:

Twilight Princess
    Paper Mario
    Godfather (You can't tell me this game is bad... even if it is a port with Wii controls)
    Sonic

Thats where you're wrong good sir. Being a flamebaiting fanboy troll doesn't require you to do anything logical.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The only time I ever hurt myself playing Wii was that time I got frustrated with Wii Boxing and tried to throw the remote onto the bed. I'd forgotten to undo the wrist strap.

Needless to say, the remote swung in a perfect arc right into my balls.

Elendil on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Wait Ura, you missed Gears? I don't really think you should be making lists if you miss out the most popular 360 title which up till the Halo beta was dominating live.

Leitner on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    The only time I ever hurt myself playing Wii was that time I got frustrated with Wii Boxing and tried to throw the remote onto the bed. I'd forgotten to undo the wrist strap.

Oh man. D:

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2007
    KingsHand wrote: »

I'm not

These are my choices:

360:

Dead Rising
    Crackdown

PS3:

Errmm... The wave game?

Wii:

Twilight Princess
    Paper Mario
    Godfather (You can't tell me this game is bad... even if it is a port with Wii controls)
    Sonic

Thats where you're wrong good sir. Being a flamebaiting fanboy troll doesn't require you to do anything logical.

What?

What am I a fanboy of?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I will slaughter everyone who does not list ExciteTruck as THE reason to own a Wii.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    CarnivoreCarnivore Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Resistance interests you but Gears, GRAW, Vegas and the shitload of other shooters on the 360 dont?

Selective preferencing of games is always bad. Even more obvious when that abomination of a Sonic game and a port are on your Wii list.

The truth is, the Wii has 3 good games. Nothing wrong with that, especially when they are all really world class, but people are applying traditional gaming criticism to the Wii when that doesnt fly. It has always been 'the most games = best console' just like with the PS2 and hence why consoles like the Dreamcast and Gamecube weren't as successful as they could have been.

People buy the Wii for Wii Sports more often than you think. Id be happy with just that one game for a long time.

Carnivore on
    hihi.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Leitner wrote: »
    Wait Ura, you missed Gears? I don't really think you should be making lists if you miss out the most popular 360 title which up till the Halo beta was dominating live.

I suppose that was my list.

Gears was great single-player, but I could not STAND multiplayer on it.

And that was just a quick list I posted :P I didn't actually put any thought to it.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Vert1Vert1 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    List WARS!!!

Vert1 on
    blood_berry_new.jpg
    Sleep wrote: »
    Vert1 wrote: »
    I'd like to ask everyone here one question. What is a game?

A lower form of sex.
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

I'm not

These are my choices:

360:

Dead Rising
    Crackdown

PS3:

Errmm... The wave game?

Wii:

Twilight Princess
    Paper Mario
    Sonic

What?

What am I a fanboy of?

you're a fan of hating the wii.

We know you hate it. You go out of your way to point it out in every thread you possibly can.

We get it.

Shut the hell up.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited May 2007
    Carnivore wrote: »
    Resistance interests you but Gears, GRAW, Vegas and the shitload of other shooters on the 360 dont?

Selective preferencing of games is always bad. Even more obvious when that abomination of a Sonic game and a port are on your Wii list.

The truth is, the Wii has 3 good games. Nothing wrong with that, especially when they are all really world class, but people are applying traditional gaming criticism to the Wii when that doesnt fly. It has always been 'the most games = best console' just like with the PS2 and hence why consoles like the Dreamcast and Gamecube weren't as successful as they could have been.

People buy the Wii for Wii Sports more often than you think. Id be happy with just that one game for a long time.

Honestly? Resistance doesn't really interest me... None of the PS3 games interest me. I was just posting resistance to make sure I wasn't some sort of anti-PS3 person.

And I do enjoy Gears of War, only the single player aspect.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Vert1 wrote: »
    List WARS!!!

Oh shi, why would want to start that?!!?

urahonky on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    No one cares what games you like or dislike, all of you need to grow up. Enough olol opinions in this thread.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Pata wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »

Oh man. D:
    It was probably the least satisfying temper tantrum I've ever thrown.

Elendil on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2007

I'm not

These are my choices:

360:

Dead Rising
    Crackdown

PS3:

Errmm... The wave game?

Wii:

Twilight Princess
    Paper Mario
    Sonic

What?

What am I a fanboy of?

We know you hate it. You go out of your way to point it out in every thread you possibly can.

We get it.

Shut the hell up.

That doesn't even make any sense

If I hated my Wii, why would I still have it?

I want it to get some good games for it

but right now it's not worth buying for Paper Mario and Zelda

both of which, coincidentally enough, are just GameCube games with tacked-on Wii controls

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    SirToons wrote: »
    No one cares what games you like or dislike, all of you need to grow up. Enough olol opinions in this thread.

I was just tryin.... bah, forget it. I'll edit out that post I had. :(

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

These are my choices:

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

ignore SirToons, he's a troll

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    VIDEO GAMES SUCK, THEY ARE TERRIBLE

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I dont have a Wii but I have Zelda and Paper Mario for it and I agree with what Keith is saying

the 2 best or must have games are both GC ports with tacked on wii controls

i would like to see original games of substance as well.

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Objection!

"Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat" is awesome

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

ignore SirToons, he's a troll

Oh haha... I've not been here long enough. :P

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    LewieP wrote: »

Objection!

Objection Sustained.

Also I will repeat: Everyone who owns Wii games and NOT Excitetruck FAILS SO HARD.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    LewieP wrote: »

Objection!

Objection Sustained.

Also I will repeat: Everyone who owns Wii games and NOT Excitetruck FAILS SO HARD.

Ermm... Ahhh.....

I have 13 Wii games, and not Excitetruck... I'll go stand in the corner now. :(

urahonky on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

I'm really curious to see what next gen's controllers look like. Are Microsoft and Sony going to completely imitate the Wiimote? Or will they develop more of a hybrid between the wiimote and a traditional pad? And of course, what will Nintendo do?

I fully expect completely wireless 2 handed controllers from everyone. Except maybe Nintendo, they are crazy after all. For all we know the next Nintendo console will be controlled by clenching your ass cheeks together.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I have 13 Wii games

how many 360 games do you have?

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Deusfaux wrote: »
    I have 13 Wii games

how many 360 games do you have?

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I'm really curious to see what next gen's controllers look like. Are Microsoft and Sony going to completely imitate the Wiimote? Or will they develop more of a hybrid between the wiimote and a traditional pad? And of course, what will Nintendo do?

I fully expect completely wireless 2 handed controllers from everyone. Except maybe Nintendo, they are crazy after all. For all we know the next Nintendo console will be controlled by clenching your ass cheeks together.

Man, something I'd actually be good at!

urahonky on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Where the heck do you people get money for all these games.

I only get like, one new video game every few months.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I have 2 Wii games (3 if you count wii sports)

I have 2 360 games (4 if you count XBL games)

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MenaceMenace regular
    edited May 2007

I'm not

These are my choices:

360:

Dead Rising
    Crackdown

PS3:

Errmm... The wave game?

Wii:

Twilight Princess
    Paper Mario
    Sonic

What?

What am I a fanboy of?

We get it.

Shut the hell up.

That doesn't even make any sense

If I hated my Wii, why would I still have it?

I want it to get some good games for it

but right now it's not worth buying for Paper Mario and Zelda

both of which, coincidentally enough, are just GameCube games with tacked-on Wii controls

I realize these actually were GCN games originally, but I hate when people say that the Wii-Controls are tacked on. They work well in both those games.

It seems little different than saying something like Gears of War is an Xbox game with "tacked on" grapical updates.

Menace on
  • Options
    DesertBoxDesertBox Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    For all we know the next Nintendo console will be controlled by clenching your ass cheeks together.

You can already do that with the Wii.
    :winky:

DesertBox on
  • Options
    DoronronDoronron Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Man, something I'd actually be good at!

Introducing the Nintendo Sqwiize!

Right now, my collection of console games is sustained primarily through used Gamecube stuff. There's two games out for the Wii want, but it should be picking up by the end of summer. However, the Virtual Console list is incredibly good.

Doronron on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Lots and lots of Credit Card debt. :(

urahonky on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So I take it every single fucking person here actually bothered to read the CNN article that Sporky linked to? Or are we just breaking out the List Warzz and bubbly, then?

The article is very, very fluff-oriented -- it's pretty much a BJ in print form -- but the fact that it's in Fortune magazine means that the audience is going to have very different interests than what most people on a gaming message board would care about. To whit: Fortune magazine doesn't give a shit about "tacked-on controls" or "HD content" or "post-launch drought that's inevitable in every console launch ever." All they're particularly interested in is profits and sales, and you'd have to be a master of bending reality not to see that the Wii is a Cinderella story of both -- which magazines just love, by the way.

Of course, it's strange that the article spent so much time quoting Iwata's "We're not competing with Sony and Microsoft" and then made the leap to "WINNING THE WAR!!!" But that's magazines for you. :| It's also strange that the article doesn't point out that, while the Wii has been outselling the 360 and PS3, the 360 still has the much larger install base of users (for now, anyway).

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Me too. My only Wii games are Zelda and DBZ.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Lunker wrote: »
    Of course, it's strange that the article spent so much time quoting Iwata's "We're not competing with Sony and Microsoft" and then made the leap to "WINNING THE WAR!!!" But that's magazines for you. :| It's also strange that the article doesn't point out that, while the Wii has been outselling the 360 and PS3, the 360 still has the much larger install base of users (for now, anyway).

See, that pisses me off

The whole "We're not competing with them, we're doing something different"

and then saying "We've sold THIS MUCH and they haven't" at conferences

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    DesertBox wrote: »
    For all we know the next Nintendo console will be controlled by clenching your ass cheeks together.

You can already do that with the Wii.
    :winky:

Note to self: bring your own Wiimote to DesertBox's house.

Anti-Sean on