As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game On: Pokemon

• Options
    JetBlackCenterJetBlackCenter Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Zython wrote: »
    So are there actually 493 Pokemon in the game? Im pretty early in but I haven't really seen all that many...

You only get to see 150 of them before beating the E4. When you get the national Pokedex, that's when the fun starts.

And is Floatzel really that bad?

So I take it there are 493 of them?

JetBlackCenter on
    schoolrumble4wh6zd.gif341.gif
    BRAWL CODE: 3866-7685-8500
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Counting event pokes like Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, Darkrai and so on that aren't required to "complete" the pokedex, yes. 493.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So are there actually 493 Pokemon in the game? Im pretty early in but I haven't really seen all that many...

You only get to see 150 of them before beating the E4. When you get the national Pokedex, that's when the fun starts.

As he said, yes. But you won't be getting all of them.

A handful are available through NIntendo events, some you have to transfer from GBA games/trade online.

Lux on
  • Options
    slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Lux wrote: »

A handful are available through NIntendo events, some you have to transfer from GBA games/trade online.

Some people have all of them.

slurpeepoop on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

One does wonder where one would get Shaymin and Arceus of course. Just saying.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Well, when I say "you won't be getting them all", I mean through normal methods. I don't think the E4 door trick is a normal method.

Just saying. Don't expect to run into the other 300+ pokemon in the grass as soon as you get the National Dex.

Lux on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I hate North America right now. I want Pokémon now! I don't want to wait until 27th july.

Peewi on
  • Options
    AvicusAvicus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    there may or may not be a reason that my avatar is a shiny milotic at the moment
    >>
    <<
    Ok i got a awesome shiny feebus :D:D:D

Avicus on
    stephen_coop.gifkim_coop.gifscott_guitar.gif
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ding ding ding

congrats

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    MC MysteryMC Mystery Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Counting event pokes like Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, Darkrai and so on that aren't required to "complete" the pokedex, yes. 493.

So wait. How many are there if you include those ones? Like, how many pokes are there total?

Oh and, about getting the national dex, some of the pokemon I have caught/seen aren't from Sinnoh, like, I traded for them and some are Johto pokes, some are Kanto pokes, ect ect, will these still count towards my 150? If not, I feel like I've missed alot. I'm on my way to Victory Road right now, only having seen 130 or so pokes, where do I need to backtrack to?

MC Mystery on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    l_cd41a4eb4e2844f196a9c3046df33f47.jpg
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    MC Mystery wrote: »

So wait. How many are there if you include those ones? Like, how many pokes are there total?

Oh and, about getting the national dex, some of the pokemon I have caught/seen aren't from Sinnoh, like, I traded for them and some are Johto pokes, some are Kanto pokes, ect ect, will these still count towards my 150? If not, I feel like I've missed alot. I'm on my way to Victory Road right now, only having seen 130 or so pokes, where do I need to backtrack to?

I think the only pokemon that you will never see another trainer use is Unown. The Elite 4 will fill in a ton that you're probably missing.

jothki on
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    oh god breeding for female combees with a certain nature sucks a lot oh god D:

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    AvicusAvicus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    jothki wrote: »

I think the only pokemon that you will never see another trainer use is Unown. The Elite 4 will fill in a ton that you're probably missing.

i dont think you see a drifloom you need to go the the windworks on a friday during the day to see it

Avicus on
    stephen_coop.gifkim_coop.gifscott_guitar.gif
  • Options
    RedShellRedShell Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So, are the pokes you can't use in the battle tower the typically agreed-on 'these aren't legendaries' set?

Because if that's true, Latios isn't on the list.

??!!

RedShell on
    Homing In Imperfectly?
    Pokemans D/P: 1289 4685 0522
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Avicus wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »

i dont think you see a drifloom you need to go the the windworks on a friday during the day to see it

One of the trainers in the Ghost gym has one.

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Anyone online for an IV check (well, two)?

ChopperDave on
    3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

There's 493 total. There's... uh... I think 9 event pokemon, so 484 non-event pokemon. Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus... did I forget any?

Pokemon not in the Sinnoh dex don't count towards getting the national dex. Their entries won't even be visible until you get the national dex. On the bright side you only need the "seen" entries for the Sinnoh 150 to do it, not actually get their data.

RedShell wrote: »
    So, are the pokes you can't use in the battle tower the typically agreed-on 'these aren't legendaries' set?

Because if that's true, Latios isn't on the list.

??!!
    The battle tower banned list is more lenient than most real lists. It only bans event pokemon and the big, huge, scary legends. And Phione.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If you fight the trainers in the ghost gym, you'll see a Drifloon. However, most people feel a sense of shame in choosing the wrong answer to the gym's math problems, so they don't do that.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    ZizZiz Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If you fight the trainers in the ghost gym, you'll see a Drifloon. However, most people feel a sense of shame in choosing the wrong answer to the gym's math problems, so they don't do that.
    I chose every one wrong so I could fight every trainer. :P

Ziz on
    218.jpg219.jpg217.jpg220.jpg
  • Options
    ZizZiz Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    RadioKeg wrote: »
    TIME FOR A NEW THREAD

this one's lived a full life.

edit: someone make a new one?

Would it also be a good idea for one thread to be simply for listing what you have to trade and what you can offer? If everyone had one post and kept editing that one post, it might be a bit easier to find people who need what you have.

Ziz on
    218.jpg219.jpg217.jpg220.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Guys, I don't know what my Lucario's moveset should be. I have five moves I'm debating between.

Me First
    Force Palm
    Aura Sphere
    Counter
    Close Combat

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Let's say I have a choice item on a Pokemon, and that Pokemon gets flinched after I choose my move.
    Do I still have to use that move until I switch it out?

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    yep

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Looking for a Feebas, a Kengaskhan, an Exeggcute, and a Snorlax atm, anyone willing to trade for one?

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Narian wrote: »
    Looking for a Feebas, a Kengaskhan, an Exeggcute, and a Snorlax atm, anyone willing to trade for one?

I can breed these for you when I get home.

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Narian wrote: »

I can breed these for you when I get home.

Have my Poké Babies.

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    New thread's OP should mention Metalkid's new installments. You put your friend code in and it will give you a list of other FCs of people looking for a battle. Take that Nintendo!

There is also a section where you can specifically look for IV battles.

MiserableMirth on
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Anyone wanna battle? I have a pretty unbalanced team but I'd like to try it out.

Taya on
  • Options
    mystic_knightmystic_knight Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Taya wrote: »
    Anyone wanna battle? I have a pretty unbalanced team but I'd like to try it out.

I can fight.

mystic_knight on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

I can fight.
    Hooray! Be there in a moment.

Taya on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Ziz wrote: »
    RadioKeg wrote: »
    TIME FOR A NEW THREAD

this one's lived a full life.

edit: someone make a new one?

Would it also be a good idea for one thread to be simply for listing what you have to trade and what you can offer? If everyone had one post and kept editing that one post, it might be a bit easier to find people who need what you have.

I like this idea.

That way, people aren't stuck posting every page offering their unwanted spawn or constantly asking for the same thing over and over.

EDIT: However, I don't like the idea enough to start it up myself. Laziness++

slurpeepoop on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Bulky Water vs. Bulky Water takes forever.

What was your last guy, by the way?

mystic_knight on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Good game!

Last guy was Hitmontop, remember? I didn't want to switch him in but I knew he'd save me if Milotic burned to death.

Taya on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Would someone like to fight?

Also I'll make that Poketrade thread.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Good game!

Last guy was Hitmontop, remember? I didn't want to switch him in but I knew he'd save me if Milotic burned to death.

Oh yeah. I thought I killed him, for some reason.

mystic_knight on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Good game!

Oh yeah. I thought I killed him, for some reason.
    No I figured you'd go for a Psycho Cut so I switched to Milotic and it got a critical hit to the face and then immediately burned. D:

Taya on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Anyone have a spare/cloned Explosion TM?

Fuck Clefairy.

MiserableMirth on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Fuck Clefairy.

I have a spare.

I'll be online in a couple of minutes.

slurpeepoop on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Fuck Clefairy.

I have a spare.

Really? Sweet! Anything you want for it?

MiserableMirth on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Fuck Clefairy.

I have a spare.

Really? Sweet! Anything you want for it?

Nope.

slurpeepoop on