As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What Beatles song is this?

LuxLux Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I'm taking this class on Bob Dylan, The Beatles & the 1960s. During lecture, I fell asleep and they played a Beatles song. Being half asleep, I don't remember anything, except the Professor said it came to be by combining a parts of a song that Lennon wrote and parts of a song that McCartney wrote. As in, literally just mixing verses. I'm pretty sure it was Post-Revolver.

What I remember most is that thorughout the middle, and at the end, there's this scary, rising, noise, like an orchestra before it goes back to verse. The vocals were distorted and reverbed, almost like Tomorrow Never Knows.

I'm not well versed in Beatleism, so I'm hoping someone can help me piece this together from the vague, half-conscious observations.

Lux on

• Options
    FawkesFawkes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    A Day In The Life most likely, or possibly Strawberry Fields Forever.

Fawkes on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Fawkes is right, it's A Day In The Life.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/68406/the_beatles_a_day_in_the_life.html

I'm pretty sure theres an alarm clock sound right before the "Woke up, got outta bed, dragged a comb across my head..." part. The bridge.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    whuppinswhuppins Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    BTW, the alarm clock was unintentional, but they left it in after deciding it fit with the lyrics. :)

Also, shame on the OP for falling asleep during that course. Certainly would have been more fun than anything I took in college.

whuppins on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Thanks folks!
    whuppins wrote: »
    BTW, the alarm clock was unintentional, but they left it in after deciding it fit with the lyrics. :)

Also, shame on the OP for falling asleep during that course. Certainly would have been more fun than anything I took in college.

I know, I know. I like the class a lot, it's just I was up the previous night until sunrise.

Lux on
This discussion has been closed.