Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Embarrassing thread about spots on penis :(

BoredomBoredom Registered User
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
This is kinda gross, but I need to know whether to see a doctor/what this could be.

So, yea; I have a few brown spots on my testicles and penis. I also have them on my upper thighs. I've searched the net and looked at dozens of disgusting images and I'm still not sure what these spots are, just that they've developed spontaneously over the past few months (I think).

The spots generally fail the "ABCDE" melanoma test and look pretty much like common moles, except this one which looks much darker than the others, albeit still like a nevus.

Supposedly:
"The only cause for concern would be if a nevus suddenly grows, changes color, or bleeds. If this happens, see a doctor immediately."

I'm also told that skin areas which aren't exposed to the sun are not at risk of skin cancer, and that I shouldn't worry. Any truth to this? Should I see a doctor for these nevus-type things?

Boredom on

• Ashaman42Ashaman42 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If you're concerned about them then your best bet is to go and see a doctor. Whilst they may well be nothing a) it's better to be safe than sorry and b) it'll put your mind at ease.

• FantasmaFantasma Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Skin cancer can be caused due to exposure to radiation, not necessarily the sun. Certain industrial products can cause cancer as well.

The only thing I can think of it is a STD called HPV (Human Papiloma Virus), but I am not a doctor.

Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!